Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for Rich Ropes and his family  (Read 39912 times)
btimerson
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

Made it to ForumFest 2012 in Chicago!

« on: April 27, 2012, 05:44AM »

I have started this new topic because of its importance.....

Chris Ropes has just posted on Facebook that the nursing home in which Rich is staying just called and said that it appears Rich may be in his last hours. This has deeply saddened me.

I've known Rich through the Forums and personally for well over 4 years. He has instrumental in CW Forums, and, especially in creating Forus, Fansites, and a Newsletter for Lisa. He would do anything in his power for anyone, as, I'm sure, many on this Forum are well aware.

We need to keep in our thoughts and prayers his 2 sons, Chris and Eric. I kind of understand what they will be going through as I saw my father slowly pass on throughout one long day in June, 2003.

Rich was OK with whatever happened.  I am glad that, finally, he will be at peace and pain free.

I'm going to miss our conversations......

Brad T

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 05:55AM »

that`s very sad to hear, I`ve had many PM`s with Rich over the past few years...we both have gone through serious illness but mine has turned out with a better outcome (up to now). Rich is a great guy as anyone that knows him can attest to.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 06:24AM »

I just read this on Facebook.. I never met him but if I had this chance I would have said thank you for all he did with the forum, he did an incredible work for "The Voice" with Lisa, I can't find my words right now, I'm so upset even if I couldn't imagine how much it's hard for his two sons. As I said, I never met him but by creating this forum he has allowed fans worldwide to gather around the passion of the music and I know without him I would never met you.
I know he will be in peace now..
I keep in my thoughts and my prayers Eric and Chris, they will need strength in this difficult period..

Thank you for everything, we will always love you Rich.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:27AM by Dinozzzo » Logged

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
edtom

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 06:36AM »

My first correspondence with the CW Forum was back and forth with Rich. Without him, I wouldn't be here. I'm glad I got to meet him two years ago in Chicago.
Very sad news indeed.

I love Celtic Woman
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 07:04AM »

this is very  sad Sad My thoughts and prayers are w Rich and his family, xxx I only met him once in cleveland and the next time I will go to the concert in Cleveland I will miss my cleveland concert buddy Rich Sad Just hope (and knows) that h e is peaceful and comfortable at this moment. And that his family has strength and peace through this rough time Sad xxx

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
rebbie336

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 07:56AM »

My prayers are with Rich and his family. Thank you Rich for a job well done, and thank you to his family for sharing him with us.

Rachel
MaryNorth93
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 08:13AM »

Very sad news. I've never met him, but it was obvious he is kind and always willing to help anyone. Also his contribution with this forum and Lisa's newsletter etc. was incredible.

My prayers are with him and his family. I hope his last hours will be peacefull.
RetPgmr
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 10:46AM »

I too would like to thank Rich for what he has done for Celtic Woman, this forum, and Lisa Kelly. Without this forum I would have never met such a fantastic group of people. From my first ForumFestWest in 2010 to this year's gathering in Chicago I have had the chance to meet the nicest and supportive people in the world. Oh sure I would still be a huge CW fan without the forum, but it is so enriching to attend a concert with a group of people who treat you as a "best friend" even though they may have just met you. Attending a CW concert with fellow "Forumites" is an experience everyone should experience at least once. And it is because of this forum that Rich created that we have all come together to support Celtic Woman and all past and current ladies.

During the time of this sad news concerning Rich, I feel we all need to come together and vow our support of everything Rich started. This forum, Lisa's forum, & The Voice newsletter are Rich's legacy when it concerns Celtic Woman. To all of the moderators - if there is anything I can do to make sure these entities continue to thrive please let me know. And I challenge anyone else who has the time to help. We will never be able to fill Rich's shoes but together we can keep his love, and our love, of Celtic Woman going.

Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 12:17PM »

I just read this from Chris on Facebook :

Richard Ropes 6/13/44-4/27/12

You were loved, Dad.

Oh my god.. Sad RIP.. Rich.

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 12:48PM »

o m g Sad May Rich rest in Peace Sad  That is such sad news xxx May his family has strength and peace. And I hope his last moments were very peaceful x He will be greatly missed Sad

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 01:04PM »

I`m going to miss you my friend...you were a great guy. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
rick,

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 01:15PM »

I do not post much on forums any more but I had to come and say goodbye to a good friend in what is probably his second home. I met Rich a few years ago and we chatted a lot since than. He gave me a lot of valuable advice on starting my site. I really considered him a friend and every day i was hoping and praying for his speedy recover. Not only will I miss our conversations but more important, and person with his kindness should be remembered.

Rich, you are already missed.

Rest in Peace

Máiréad Nesbitt Fan Club www.maireadfanclub.com
Scott

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 01:44PM »

My prayers to you, Rich, and my prayers and condolences to Chris and Eric.  I met Rich twice, once at the WPB show in 2009, and in February the next year when I was traveling through his then-hometown of Jacksonville.  I think in his heart Caledonia was calling him, and now he's going home.

carl

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 01:50PM »

Well said, Scott
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2012, 01:53PM »

I am sorry to hear the sad news.

I first contacted Rich back in the days of the old Celtic Woman Forum. This was just before Jenny & Brian took over. But I couldn't log on and I wondered what the problem was, and he seemed to know what went on with computers and forums, as well as everything Celtic Woman. He appoligized for taking a few days to get back to me, as he traveled to West Virginia to see Deirdre. But then he gave me some answers regarding forums and various issues one can run into when being a member. I only met him once at Orla's Nashville recording. That was a BIG gathering, maybe second to only the Atlanta Believe fan gathering.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: