Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sacramento Memorial Auditorium  (Read 1530 times)
darel

« on: April 28, 2012, 08:23PM »

Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA
                                                                                       2012.04.25

After a restless nights sleep, our day began with an omelete sandwiched between two slices of buttered toast for brunch, before it was over we would join three thousand people for a Celtic Woman show.  After brunch we planned what we were going to do for the day, most of these failed to come to fruition but a very important few did.  We finally hit the road for our one hundred and fifty mile journey to Sacramento.  We took a break when we were halfway there at a soup and salad restaurant, ate the salad, ate the soup and had pizza pie and brownie bites for dessert.

We checked into the hotel room at 5:30 P.M., relaxed a little, then headed to the venue (which has no parking).  There was streetside parking four blocks away that we took in the place of the parking garages.  Rain had been threatening us all day and we stepped out into a light drizzle when we got out of the car.  Along the way to the auditorium I snapped a few pictures of the Celtic Woman vehicles, a truck and a couple of buses.  By the time we got to the entrance at 6:45 the line was fairly short.  The time came to scan our tickets and they would not scan.  Again and again they tried but it was a no go.  We were sent to the Will Call window where we were able to get scanable tickets after a few minutes.  These tickets worked and we were in.  Went to the merchandise table, got some stuff, then went to find our seats.

THE SHOW was scheduled to start at 7:30. It didn't.  As usual it started a bit later.  The audience was generous with their applause and frugal with standing ovations.  Chloe got a well deserved one after Ave Maria.  Another came at the end of the show and The Parting Glass where the audience remained standing as the troupe did its goodbyes.  The girls still talk to the audience to introduce a song.  Stubborn Chloe (her words not mine) taught us to sing along with Green Grow the Rushes.  I had never heard Lisa or Susan sing live, I look forward to hearing them again.  Mairead, that is all  I have to say about that.  Ray came out and asked different sections of the audience how they were doing as he played and got a good response from them.  Oh yeah, the Irish dancer and Mairead had a little musical duel.

We hung around after the show to see how many people had a M&G, I counted twenty-two, they were all front row.  KVIE gets  you good seats, not me as I was in row Q  and had not supported the local PBS station.  Now it was time to get back in the rain and go to the hotel for sleep.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: