Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LA April 28th @ Nokia Theater  (Read 4232 times)
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« on: May 04, 2012, 10:49AM »

Lucky Number 7

Believe
Nokia Theater
Los Angeles, CA
April 28, 2012

Looking back it’s hard for me to believe that I am at show number 7. Almost to the day I would be celebrating my 4th anniversary of seeing Celtic Woman live by seeing Celtic Woman live. It also just so happens that the anniversary falls 3 days after my birthday; a truly wonderful occurrence. Also to note is that finals also occur at this time so I was more than ready for a break (if only for one night).

Planning began as usual months in advance. The third night of Pechanga actually. Long story short I made my pledge for a ticket and M&G was sold on e-bay. Thankfully a large group of us would be attending LA so my M&G was confirmed. I was excited to find out that many who had been at Pechanga would again be coming to California. Some members of the group were even doing an entire road trip starting in Phoenix and ending in Vegas. While I tried to add another show, it was not meant to be. I was satisfied with my birthday show. The next best news was that Cindy would be making it.

About a month before the show my tickets came in the mail. Rachel was staying with me that weekend. After I opened the envelope, I had them in my hand for only a second when Rachel swiped them from my hands. I didn’t even get to see where I was sitting. After searching online they turned out to be decent seats in Orchestra.

The morning of the show arrived and I packed what I had missed the night before (about 90% of all I was taking with me). I kept having the feeling that I was forgetting something. When the trip involves an overnight stay at my sisters just remembering what I needed there was a challenge. She was to expect me at 11:30am and that meant that I was on the road at 10am. I can make the drive in an hour and a half but this trip took me a little longer. Probably because I hadn’t left at the crack of dawn. Once I had arrived at my sister’s house we went to get my favorite Vietnamese soup Pho and then headed to Redondo Pier. There were even pelicans hanging out. It was a perfect afternoon in the beautiful weather that is trademark of southern California. I could have ended the day there joyfully. Yet it would continue so much farther…

We were back at the house at 3pm for pick up from Mikey. I had everything together and after prepping we were off. We had several pickups starting with Diane, and finishing with Glenn and his mom Carol. In total there were 7 of us in the van. Upon meeting Mike he asked within 10 minutes: Have you met Abby? I have yet too but apparently there is a consensus that I am the west coast Abby (which I totally think sounds like a church) We met up with the other group at the LAZone. I acted as photographer/videographer. After dinner I waited impatiently for the last of our party to arrive. Rachel went to talk to PBS SoCal and we ended up with upgraded tickets. Note self: Talk to PBS people. Finally Cindy arrived and I excitedly ran up to hug her. I’m sure everyone lined up for security thought we were nuts. This was one of my better shows for keeping things together; that is until security was present. They destroyed my togetherness in about 30 seconds and left me fumbling the rest of the evening. They had us check in our cameras (this would be a huge decision come the end of the evening) and I came back up and bought a shirt and found Cindy who was waiting for Donna to get food. Well I was dying to get into the theater so I started off and they joined me as I entered.

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 10:49AM »

Crossing the threshold into the theater was like walking into another world. Celtic Woman World. “OHHHHHHHH….It looks just like the DVD!!! It’s so pretty!” Donna informed me, “It’s smaller.” I was still impressed, “But it looks JUST LIKE IT!” Now this is where I should have kept my ticket out but it’s like you have to show every single person where you are sitting. I can find it fine guys. I’m good. As I walk up the aisle I see where my seat would have been. “This where I was sitting…..” and we walk all the way up to the front in pit “and this is where I’m sitting now.” I mimicked my mind being blown. Miracles like this seem to happen to me at every show I go to. There were two small speakers and a small light in view. I being the picky person I am switched seats with Rachel. The speaker and light wouldn’t distract her but I certainly could. The seat themselves were comfy blue folding chairs which wanting an even better view was able to scoot to my right. I did my best to not block the people behind me. The chairs allowed me to be even more mobile with the folding action. The stage was within touching range and the stairs connected to the stage were close enough for me to touch as well. Kelly was across from me and slightly diagonal. “I’m gonna get Lisa tonight” as she patted her lap. As Donna took her seat with Cindy she said to Rachel and I, “Now behave you two.” I couldn’t promise anything but I did my best.   

As I sat in my seat waiting for the show to start I couldn’t help feeling I was missing something, I needed to do something. It was probably due to the fact that that was my mindset for most of the day. I realized that it was now time to sit back relax and enjoy the show. All too familiar the house went dark and I waited in anticipation. Throughout the show Rachel gave a running commentary. “She’s going to appear at the top.” That gave me a clue as to where to keep my gaze. Ray came out to take his place in his procession tower; I wanted to yell so badly yet held back.

Sitting in the silence I wanted just one thing. Drums. Now Jeremy may be Chloe’s Little Drummer Boy, I would proudly call myself Ray’s Little Drummer Girl. That moment among moments was what I had been waiting months and months for; since December 3rd to be exact. It was the longest silence to ever occur at a show. The tension finally broke as pounding began and at the top of the stage appeared Mairead as if out thin air like magic. My moment was here. My night of escape. My night of celebration. My night of remembrances. My night to shine. It was clear within minutes that this was the place to be, Mairead was standing right in front of me. My glass of thrill was filled to the brim just shy of actually overflowing. Not sure what that would have looked like if it did I’m guessing it would have been messy. Then Chloe was there and Lisa Lambe and Susan. Turns out when Lisa Kelly is not performing I pay a lot more attention to everyone else. There was also the fact that they kept rotating to stand right in front of me most of the evening. I was so happy to see Lisa Lambe again after Pechanga. She help make that night arguably the best CW show I have ever been too (currently Nov 3rd in Long Beach holds that spot). As Awakening went on I naturally just did the moves. Lisa looked my way and gave a tilt of her head with a smile that said, “Aww you know it” Surprisingly even though I sat next to Rachel, Lisa was looking at me. And the attractive guy who was just shy of front and center. It was the absolute perfect way to start the show. And it deserved an S O. Normally I give only the numbers that really truly and completely blow me out of the water an S O but out of the corner of my eye I could see Kelly up and so I would join her all night if only for a moment. This is due to the fact that I didn’t want to block anyone’s view. As the lights went out the girls scampered off stage (a reoccurring event) and by the end of the night became comical.

Dulaman was next up and I was surprised it was so early in the set list. This was the first time I had heard Lisa’s version apart from the recording that was released. She totally put her flair on this song and turned it into something brand new. Colm, Dermy, and Craig proved they weren’t just pretty faces but had chops of their own. Chloe came out to introduce Nocturne and said how much they were looking forward to LA and the Nokia. After a luke warm response if we were having a good time I yelled and banged on the stairs which amused Mairead as she was standing in front of me in the dark. After the second act the audience was much more responsive. I love that they are now talking way more to the audience and interacting on a more verbal level. Her performance was spot on but I was completely in love with the panning shot on the DVD. So tough call on which I liked more. Tie! I think it was the Foxhunter next. The way she played, I thought it would knock Granuaile’s Dance from top spot. She started spinning slow and sped up to well over 12. She was head banging. I’d never experience her rocking out quite like this. She ran over my way and kept coming back to where the cheers were coming from.

Tommy came out to play whistle although I was unfamiliar with what tune it was I can honestly say it was probably one of the most beautiful pieces I have heard in all my life. Turns out it was Sailing. I’ll take some time to mention the lighting because it was fantastic. This show always has dynamic (and expensive) lighting although Tom Kenny always manages to set it up so I get hit in the eye at least once. Dude stop blinding me! Tommy’s solo in particular had excellent lighting with a cone of blue light encompassing him. This was when I started to notice Susan’s voice. While I’m used to the lower and warmer pitch of Lisa Kelly, Susan held her own although I had to get used to the higher pitch. Rachel didn’t let me do the drumming during Sailing “It’s distracting” Grrrrrr. I just wanna air drum man. Sailing is definitely among my favorites from the new show. Then Chloe introduced A Women’s Heart. I appreciated that they gave background on some of the songs and said that it was written from a woman’s perspective but that it was for everyone. Being of female gender this song I really get, lately I’ve been reflecting on a past relationship and most of the slower tempo songs have all touched on it in some way. I will say that what I love about this song in particular is the cello. I thought, “Where’s my cello?” I even looked at the band to see if someone was sitting with them to play but there wasn’t.“Okay we need some Symphony here!” It was still lovely and heartfelt and tugged at this woman’s heart.

lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 10:52AM »

Now came an important moment for me during the show. Susan came on to perform Follow On. It would determine whether or not I felt Susan could really stand in for Lisa. Well I sang along with the song as I did with each song and everything was fine, Susan is talented, she sings on key in pitch all those things we like singers to have. By about half way through the song Susan is at the high notes. “OH MAN!” I stop singing and with a dropped jaw listened to the POWER and PRESENCE that Susan had. She was totally a Broadway girl. It rivaled Lisa Kelly’s performance. It was better, the notes were better, say what? Okay Okay Susan is awesome! She passed with flying colors. I think I was about as relieved as Susan was.

Rachel whispered that TAR was next and I was looking around for where the girls would be in the audience. Lisa Lambe was on our side and started the gibberish. I’m sure most of you won’t know what Improv is but I’m on a team at school and they were totally doing a scene in Improv and really well at that. There was a back and forth between Lisa and Chloe who was on the on the other side of the audience. They met in the middle battling back and forth. It was so theatrical and hilarious. Then as Kelly predicted Lisa came and sat on her lap and Kelly wrapped her arms around Lisa. Then Lisa took the stage as I sat there staring and drooling at her. Chloe and Lisa met in the middle of the stage and Susan was at the top and broke their argument. They argued and pouted a bit more and then the song started. TAR just rocks in my opinion and I loved it with the changes. It was great having all the girls on stage again. At pick up your spoons Rachel had handed me a spoon and we held them up. Mairead came over and pointed us out. Dancing a reel around you Susan had such a great spin, “Lisa Kelly take some notes” although I do love the way she kinda bounces in her own way. I hoped they would do the big epic spin which they did but I liked DVD better cause they got more air. Craig was fantastic and animated and I just ogled at his flying feet. I will note that they got quite flippy with the skits and was worried I would see more than I cared to. Careful Girls! Now I just need this with Lisa Kelly and I will be content.

It was just my luck but to have a show with a double header, following TAR was Granuaile’s Dance. This performance proved to me once again why this is probably one of my absolute favorite Mairead numbers. In particular with this show I was happy with the amount of songs that were included from ANJ. I enjoy these older numbers and sad to see my favorites replaced with newer numbers. I do believe it was this song that she had shredded her bow. “Dang girl you are playing hard!” Complete with her signature finish she left the stage. I yelled, “LOVE YOU MAIREAD!” The girls came out and introduced Danny Boy. Accompanied with piano it was done near accapella. I missed Mairead on fiddle though. This was one of the few songs that I would be okay if they didn’t include in the show however after they finished Rachel says, “That’s one of my songs” Alright keep it for Rachel.

LAAAAAAAAAAAA NAAAAAA MARRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAA

BOOM!

MO GHILE MAR!!!!!!!
I was so happy they kept this song in. I seriously feel it would be hard to find a better song to take us to intermission. It was another odd moment to hear Susan’s higher pitch over Lisa’s but the harmonies were fine, I didn’t notice as much of a difference I guess. This was one of many I danced in my chair to and Rachel had to elbow me in the ribs to stop. Clapping into intermission the lights came up and I dashed over to where Cindy and the rest were sitting. Partially cause I wanted to spend as much time as possible with her and partially to stay away from those behind me so they could not chastise my behavior. Usually I warn the people around me of what they are getting into. Cindy said we were adorable and we all discussed the first half and who saw who and special moments that happened. I told everyone how impressed I was with Follow On. “Just wait for Water Is Wide and Tribute to Broadway” We talked about possible seat changes as there were a few in front. The venue was a stickler about sitting in your assigned seat even if another was empty.  I joked that I could just sit in Cindy’s lap for the rest of the show. “You’re so tiny and my hair is so big no one would notice.” This intermission went by faster than others and it was bittersweet going back to my seat knowing there was just one act left. Well there was M&G after so my heart was a little lighter.

lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 10:53AM »

Act 2 began with Amazing Grace. I was unsure about using this number to open the second act due to the fact that it is a somewhat more sentimental than fun song. At the moment I am learning just how you have to put a show together so that the mood flows from one piece to the next. I craned my head around again to look for where Anto would be. He started in the back and worked his way down the aisle. Then turned the corner and walked down what I knew would be our aisle. It was great up until he walked up the stairs and I had bagpipe amplified in my left ear and a real one at my right ear. I hope to never be that close to a bagpipe again! I have said before and I shall say it again. Amazing Grace is meant to be live. The conclusion of this during a show cannot be compared to a CD or DVD. That moment when the music swells and the girls step forward on stage send a chill through my spine as no other song did that night. Have no idea how they do it but whatever it is they need to keep it. Rachel got excited, “It’s my song!” I thought, “what is she talking about?” After my brain processed slowly I realized what she meant and gave out a great big squeak of excitement. Kelly got a good chuckle out of that. SPACEMAN! I had been waiting for this one even longer than Awakening. As Lisa Lambe went down the steps I wanted to yell “FASTER! GO FASTER!” and any subsequent number that involved the stairs and going down them any faster than a walk “FASTER!” We waved our arms with Lisa and copied the choir although I know my hand movements are not as spot on as Rachel’s. We reached the stars with Spaceman.

After that high I brought way back down with Walking the Night. Remember that relationship I was talking about? Well Walking the Night strikes a chord here too. By walking the stars without you it wasn’t surprising I had to rub my eye of the unformed tear. Tommy then slowly plays Give Me Your Hand, and as the music warms up so does my spirit. This was great especially with Rachel so that we could hold hands. Lisa Lambe always cracks me up with the choreography during this song. It was Susan’s turn again with Water Is Wide. Rachel said, “It’s amazing, just don’t compare” “Okay I’ll try…” I will admit I was not overwhelmed with the song. Susan did very well but after Follow On I guess my expectations had soared. And then Lisa’s rendition is hands down unbelievable by the second half of the song. I would have to wait for Tribute to see if I would be blown over again.

One of my favorite parts of the night was when Ray came out to have a solo. He started to play and then at one point missed a beat and hit it again. We were gonna let it slide but he acknowledged and said, “It happens.” There was a good chuckle out of that. He then came out and played in the audience and went around back to our side. He walked up the stairs and I probably gave him the same goofy look I gave to Lisa Lambe as she came up the stairs. All I knew in that moment was that I wanted a bodhran in my hands.

Chloe then came out to teach Green Grow the Rushes. Rachel and I acted as peanut gallery and start imitating how Chloe says pub, “Poob hehe poob hehe” She explained that the song is about how lovely it was when man was created but that it really is about when the women came along. I didn’t know that so I learned something new. She then began to teach the chorus to the audience and brought out guitar player Ewan to play the melody. The first time she sang it all forum members joined and we did a fairly good job. “The good news is you’ve got some people down in front who have done their homework but the rest of you have work to do.” We sang it again and that time Rachel added the switched lyric. I do believe we got a look from Lisa Lambe at that. We sang it one more time and Chloe put the audience on the spot, she said she promised it wasn’t like American Idol and to just do our best to which I focused more on being loud then being in tune. Then the song started and I sang along to the song in its entirety. This song becomes not only well performed but fun as well with good audience participation. I felt they did well and sang up to par.

Susan finally talked and introduced Tribute to Broadway. It was only fitting as she had come from Broadway herself. She started singing and the audience clapped. I’m not sure why but any time this song is started people clap. Not as well versed in musicals as I should be. Les Mis in on a long list of musicals yet to be seen. So first time hearing this song by Lisa Kelly has become the only version I know. Susan did it with flair that is her background but it still didn’t hold with Follow On. Chloe did well with this and was off the hook for her part was still the same to me. With this song I do find a bit of humor. It is the only song with a “bad” word in it and the first time I heard it I was like :O. I give props for the seamless transition into the Circle of Life. I will admit it was the only song on the DVD that was upbeat and I wasn’t head over heels with. Guess I just needed to see it live. It was also an added bonus when I was snapping along too and got a few smiles.

Ave Maria was started with Chloe setting up the mic. I started giggling at the fact that it wasn’t set at the correct height and the effort involved to get it right. Rachel chastised me for that. The song was accompanied with sniffles and it brought Kelly to tears. I was enjoying the fact that I was mouthing along with Chloe, which I had wanted to do since Pechanga. Speaking of Pechanga the second night there was the BEST version of Ave from Chloe I ever heard. I doubt there will ever be another performance for me like that. It was good in LA but it could not compare. Chloe was also a bit horse when speaking and I’m sure it was a bit hindering to her singing although she didn’t let it show. Knowing how much she puts into the song I was on my feet and yelled my encouragement, “GOOD JOB!” The audience gave due respect and as Chloe ascended the stairs she wiped away tears of gratitude.

You'll Never Walk Alone followed Ave Maria, a line up sure to bring back to back tears. During the song it sounded as if the kids were there. I thought I might be able to hear the song in a more raw form but it was not meant to be, I was stuck with the kids. This song is just so full of love by the end I was rubbing my right eye again. I will say it does bug me that they never end walk in unison. That’s just splitting hairs. I thought of Cindy and knew how much it meant to her.

Mairead came out to introduce Women of Ireland. As she talked it was almost a whisper and I held on to every word she spoke. Although looking back I have already forgotten even the gist of what she had said. It was a beautiful arrangement and I absolutely love the piano accompaniment. When Mairead does the slower tunes I can really see the technique in her hands and notice how much muscle definition she has in her arms. It really takes a lot of strength to hold and play a violin for 2 hours every night. I just wonder which takes more effort holding it up or bowing. With a moment or reverent silence Mairead heats the night back up with part two. I love it when she gets the audience clapping and cheering, I think this evening was the one where I let out the most cheers while she played. And it never ceased to thrill me as I saw her come running back over to our side of the stage and give me a big smile or bit of attitude. It was icing on the cake when Craig came out to battle in the form of the taps. I ogled at his feet and loved the way his face just lit up on stage. He is certainly a keeper. Mairead was so into the performance that by the end she had shredded her bow, again. I laughed as she pulled the loose ends off. “Oh so that’s how you do it” And Parting Glass started thus the night was coming to an end. It was bittersweet in the sense that this was also so close to the end of the tour.

lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 10:54AM »

While we were able to hold spoons we were not able to all hold glasses up. I made due and held up my water bottle (I take one with me to every show, actually everywhere for that matter). Kelly held up her own Dasani. The girls acknowledged what they represented. It was hard not to just stand when the lyrics said, “Since it fell into my lot that I should rise and you should not.” Thus I was in my heart. I held up a finger that I would wish them one more day to stay (although many lucky ones would see them twice the next day which Rachel made sure to yell out much to my embarassment). As the song came to a close Rachel mentioned the confetti. That made me miss it all the more and I made a gesture of an explosion. Rachel brushed my hand down so I made a smaller explosion of confetti. With that I was on my feet and clapping as hard as I could for this last number. I no longer felt the pain of the 2 hours I had from clapping so much and so hard. I slowed down then remembered that the show wasn’t over just yet. I started up again and urged the crowd to keep going. I didn’t want this to be the end. Rachel assured me they would be coming back. Out came Mairead to start of the Mo Ghile Mar Reprise. This end has really grown on my since they first introduced it. I love when the choir comes back out and sings, I sang to that part as well, although none of them looked my way. It was quite odd to have Colm, Mairead Maguire, and Dermy standing so close. Each member of the band had a moment starting with the piano player, and bass and guitar and Tommy and Criag come running out did a little jig and ran back off stage in the most adorable way. And then the girls came back out to thunderous applause. We were on our feet and being cued to dance I was fulfilling my goal: dance in the aisle. Lisa Lambe did some crazy moves o and did a giant leap on stage. “Did you see that jump!”As the transition of At The Ceili Reprise came on and the girls were waving their goodbyes and I sent out my kisses, I realized there had been woefully few given out. Chloe got hers and Mairead got hers and we gave Lisa hers, a wave to Susan and they each began to make their exits. A final look from Chloe and she was gone, a final smile from Mairead and she was gone, then Susan. And then Lisa Lambe was walking our way. I wondered if we would get a final goodbye as she passed us. Not only that she came down the stage and reached out a hand for Rachel and I. Beaming with joy I took Lisa’s hand in final farewell. The show could not have ended any better.

The lights came up and immediately the stage was broken down. The crew wasted no time with a matinee in Vegas the next day. I walked back over to Cindy. “That was so sweet” I couldn’t believe I was then going to have a M&G. I gathered my stuff and remembered I had to go and get my camera. I asked the guy running it, “I need to go get my camera” “Oh ya go ahead we have lots of time” With relief I went out a side door to avoid the crowd and jogged my way to the pickup. The line was fairly long but it was a reasonably efficient process. Those around me were taken aback that I was about to go into M&G. Just as I step out of line with my camera my phone buzzes. It was Rachel, “Where are you!? We’re at an elevator” “Where are you?!” “I don’t know” “How can I find you, which elevator?” Needless to say I was panicking at this point. I ran to the nearest one and demanded from the attendant “where is the M&G” He was unsure and suggested the VIP room. In a haze of panic I ran around the venue. I was going to miss M&G. The orchestra doors were closed blocking my entrance back in. I ran down the hall all the way to the end. I saw the words VIP Lounge. At least it was a sign. I hurried over and said that I had M&G and that my friend had my pass. I talked to at least 3 or 4 guys and they seemed baffled as to what I was talking about. I said that I had M&G and I just didn’t know where to go. Just then in the area behind them appears Chloe, Mairead, Susan, and Lisa. Okay so they hadn’t started the M&G yet I just needed to go where they were going. “This M&G is for friends and family” “I’m just trying to get to the correct meet and greet.” They suggested again that it’s over in some VIP room. I look around and I know I’m standing next to a VIP room. As I’m whipping my head around in panic, who should be but feet away: David Downes. My brain stopped for a moment. I wanted to greet him and yet my heart had only one goal: Get to M&G. He walked past me and was in with the group surrounding the girls. I tried calling Rachel again because she couldn’t find me and she couldn’t tell me where she was. Finally Dustin got on the walkie talkie. He confirmed where the M&G was. “All the way down?” “*static*All the way down.” And Dustin escorted me through a stairwell where I pass two of the choir members one with a little dog and the other carrying a suit case up the stairs. We continued down and I kept on the heels of Dustin as we pass through a hall with a sign on the wall that said catering. Another sign on the wall that said David Downes. We pass a camera and a curtain, until I see a light at the end of the tunnel two more curtains closed together with a gap. I burst through them and sheer joy flows through. I made it. “Rachel just about had a heart attack” “Her and me both” By this time I was a textbook definition of a hot mess. Needless to say I was flustered as I tried to get my camera out and all the things I wanted to get signed. I didn’t have a moment’s notice to think about who would be there but I had heard Chloe’s name thrown about so I thought she might be there. I knew in my heart that I wanted Mairead and Lisa to be there. Well one out of two is pretty good. It was Susan and Mairead. Dropping things periodically I knew that I could either hold my stuff or take pictures but not both. Standing outside the room there were no tables. “There needs to be tables so I can dump all my stuff on it.” I lucked out and there were lounge chairs inside the room. I placed all my stuff down, now the challenge was making sure I didn’t lose anything. I took a few test shots and got the camera set. I proceeded to take 171 photos that night (if the camera had caused that much trouble I was going to use the heck out of it.) It must have been hysterical to see my running around the room getting my shots. The girls were naturals I was slightly nerding out with such good subjects. I zoomed and got tight shots. Click click click Click click click. I zoomed out and got wide shots Click click click Click click click. I went to my left, to my right, I was so happy I got the 200mm lens. Click click click Click click click I started in one place in line would come back move my stuff and go back out. Each time I came back to the line I was further and further back. Soon we were almost at the table and I had to pass off my camera to the most competent person Mike. No one else dared try with the camera although it is pretty user friendly. It was now time to worry about what I had signed and actually being about 1 minute away from meeting Mairead.

lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 10:55AM »

Donna was standing in front of me and she could see the worry in my face. “Breathe” I took a breath in and out. I was right there. The table was next to me. I believe it was Tink who was talking to Mairead. “Emily sends her love.” She gave a grin at that. I didn’t hear much else as I prepared to get my stuff signed. As Donna moved forward I set my stuff down. Bubba said, “Let’s do the smaller items first until there is room on the table.” He wrote my name down confirming several times that he was spelling it right. I indicated to my birthday button which had it spelled out. He wrote to on the believe DVD insert, “Inside please” And he opened it to the page I had intended. Donna moved along and it was now my turn. “Hi, I’m Mairead.” She held out a hand and gave a solid handshake. “Hi, it’s nice to finally meet you.” I said. I could just see the word meet in my head. A look came across her face; she nodded her head realizing that I was a familiar face. “It’s nice to finally meet you too...” “Oh, Caitlin” “Caitlin” I just loved the way she said my name. And she began getting to work on all the items. I don’t remember as much of the conversation with Mairead as I would have liked but I know I mentioned how much I loved Isle of Hope as she signed the poster. I gestured to the Isle of Hope shirt I was wearing. “So you’re a photographer?” “Ya..” I had never really thought about it but I was. “I’m a VPA major, so I get what you guys do.” In moment of quiet I seized my moment. “I have to say that I have to thank you.” I almost started tearing up. “Without you I wouldn’t know Celtic Woman. Without you I wouldn’t have all this.” I looked about me. Had I gone further into detail I’m sure I would have started crying. But that was enough. All this was a phrase that had so much meaning. It was the friends I had come to the show with. It was Lisa Kelly. It was all the good that had come into my life since I had fell in love with the music and the people. “Oh...” She stood and reached out and gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I was bewildered. Mairead just gave me a kiss on the cheek right? That was real. She finished signing the items. One was done rather rushed as she said, “Oh that was bad” In my mind she could have scribbled on the stuff and I would have probably been okay with it. I could read that it was her name. And I felt the tug to go and talk to Susan as she had no one and nothing in front of her. It pained me to move on but I knew it was time for the next person. I slid over to Susan. “Hi, I’m Susan.” I almost forgot to stop. She held out her hand and had the most lovely smile on her face. “I’m sorry” and gestured my hands in the air. “That’s alright you’re a busy girl” “I know right.” She signed the songs from the heart M&G photo. “An extra in there for ya.” I felt bad that I didn’t have more for her to sign. I showed her the yellow poster. “Oh you didn’t see this, would have been a little redundant in front.” And she signed the poster. “You had a good time?” “Oh it was amazing. I have to say you blew me away with Follow On. I was singing along and then you were going and my face was like this” I made the face :@ that I had during the song. “Oh thank you, that’s so lovely to hear.” “You blew my mind tonight.” “That’s great to hear. It’s a bit nerve wracking coming in. Especially with the fans.” I nodded. “You were awesome.” “Thank you.” “I totally get it I’m a big Lisa fan too so I was doubly worried. I’m like I don’t know...you were great.” Her smile was infectious. I remembered that I had my believe shirt tossed on my shoulder “Oh you can sign this.” And she wrote the signature on the front. “Right on her face” She giggled. I thought this girl is awesome. She was warm and talkative. “It’s so nice coming to the west coast it’s so sunny!” “I know I was like it’s sunny, you guys are here where is the rain?” “I got sunburned on my shoulders and I was driving and it was ow” I looked at her slightly pink shoulders and felt a surge of sympathy. “Gotta wear your sunscreen” I then remembered that I had my concert ticket in my wallet. “Oh I have something else for you to sign.” She took it and handed it back and I put it back in my wallet. “There you go.” My camera was put on the table. And I could feel it was almost time to go. But not before Mike said, “You should get a picture.” I had completely forgotten about a photo. I stood next to Mairead who extended her arm out and with about 7 cameras pointed at us, I looked at the one I would be taking home. I picked up my camera gathered my stuff and moved aside. I took a few more close shots of the girls. When Susan was free I leaned in and showed her a really good shot that I got, “You should get your head shot from me” She made a face, apparently she didn’t like how she looked. I then went to Mairead’s and leaned in and showed her, “You should get your head shot from me.” She looked at it smiled and said, “That’s really good.” I was beaming. Mairead liked my photo. I collected all my stuff and made sure that I had everything. It was a good thing because I almost forgot my bag on one of the chairs. I walked out of the room and was bent down to pack my backpack. Susan and Mairead came out to leave Susan’s dress brushed me and I had a little flip out in my head. And there was Mairead walking with her dress bunched up in her hands in front of her. I stood up and Mairead wasn’t much taller than me. They waved goodbye and the M&G was over. We walked as a group to the elevator “So that’s where it was” and we left the theater making sure we knew which way to go to get back to the cars. We joined the other members who were not at the M&G. “Did you see Anto?” “No, he wasn’t playing.” Then are group began to split back up. Rachel left with Cindy and Donna. I was with the group of 7 in the van. Cindy began walking away! What was this? No heartfelt goodbye. She came back and gave me a hug and 3 kisses on the cheek. “That was the side Mairead kissed!” “Oh I’m sorry did I ruin your Mairead kiss?” “No...” “I love you so much.” I waved goodbye to Rachel. I knew it would not be long before I would see her again. As Donna left she turned around, “We’ll do Disney” And with that the three heads left (and would see the buses and trailer) I have yet to find them so I think that will be my goal for the next show. We got into the car and began the drop offs.  was last but not before we picked up Scott. I don’t think I could have had a better ear listen to my tales of the night. As I spoke a mile a minute through my breaths I could hear “MM HMM” After making a pit stop at Mikey’s place we switched cars as he and Scott would be continuing on to Ontario and Vegas the next day. “We know she’s out because it’s quite” Just as I’m about to fall asleep my ears are still aware of what is going on. “No I’m not...” As we reached my sister’s house it was time to get out. I curled up in the seat. “If you don’t get out you are going to ontario and then you have to get home from there” I barely managed to get out for I was already half asleep. I didn’t want the night to end. I wanted to stay in the car forever happy in that one moment. Dreams, even real ones must come to an end.

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 12:36PM »

LOL!  I loved reading the review! To funny! That was almost how radio city was for me... to the tee!  I walked in to radio city and it took my breath away for a second and them had to literally RUN upfront!  meanwhile every usher was like can I help you find your seat??! Me:  NOOOO it's upfront I gotto goooo! 3 minutes late the girls start! And then runing to mechandise in the middle I met Naomi agnew and was stunned! ANd then I did also meet David Downes and was star struck! Literally turning my head to while tryingt om ake it to stage door! And He was talkiing to Amy Rivard! I literally stopped behind him him w my cousin and was like omg omg omg Its David and Amy!! She did smile and wave though!   I could image your M&G!  That sounds AMAZING!! I would lve to see those 170 something pictures!! I would probablly do the same thing and df. not be able to breath!  That sounds like you had a fun night!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Scott

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 12:50PM »

Caitlin, it's always a pleasure to listen to you talking about the shows.  That was a FANTASTIC review!  Can't wait to see you again next time... hopefully with Lisa Kelly performing!  Smiley

MrPeabody

Set the WayBack machine, Sherman.

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 03:55PM »

OMG, what an amazing review!  I was smiling all the way through and remembering your slightly hyper M&G.  I'm so glad that I finally got to meet you.  And, yes, I've met you both and you are the West Coast Abby.  Grin  That's a good thing.

Mike

L.A. Girl

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 08:22PM »

Great review, Cailin! I'm not into writing reviews myself, esp. since so many are hard acts to follow.

Dianne
Mariko
Honorary Roadie

Lisa Kelly ^_^

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 08:42PM »

What a fun review, Caitlin!! It was fun to read, and always entertaining! Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. Smiley

Thanks Evi & Alexa for my amazing banners!! Kiss
bobh56
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 09:52PM »

Outstanding review, thanks.
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 10:48AM »

Thank you guys. I write it for two reasons, the first is so I remember years later how it went down and the second is so you those who were not there get an idea of what happened through my eyes.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: