Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pronounce Deirdre's name?  (Read 5623 times)
oregongirl29
« on: May 05, 2012, 04:34PM »

Does anybody know how to pronounce her first name? I've never heard her talk or say her name so I have no clue,
Does anybody have a video of her saying it?

Is it like Dear-Dra or am I way off.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 06:43PM »

According to a couple of sources I found after I "googled" the subject, you are pretty close.  Undecided

oregongirl29
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 07:41PM »

If I can hear her say it then I will have it down, That's how I learned how to say Meav and Máiréad's name,
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 08:21PM »

If I can hear her say it then I will have it down, That's how I learned how to say Meav and Máiréad's name,
Same here.

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 05:40PM »

That's actually how I finally learned how to pronounce their names too-  In the "special features'"  section of the original Helix concert DVD.  Smiley I sometimes go back and listen to these interviews over again because I think it's pretty neat to hear the ladies speaking for a change.  Because we always hear them singing instead.

oregongirl29
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 06:23PM »

Exactly, If I ever meet her I want to be able to say her name right, I don't want to look like a dummy.
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 06:42PM »

I'm pretty sure Dear-dra is the correct pronunciation.  I've met a couple of girls who had the name and that's how they've pronounced it. 
oregongirl29
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 09:09PM »

Thank you, I thought that sounded about right.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: