Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Woman to tour South Africa  (Read 11164 times)
TheWhite~Rose
« on: May 08, 2012, 09:19AM »

I apologize if this is the wrong place.  Celtic Woman has announced two shows in South Africa: one in Johannesburg on September 28th and one in Cape Town on October 2nd.  You can read more here: http://mediaupdate.co.za/iphone/default.aspx?IDStory=46660#story46660

EDIT: Added the dates. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:55AM by Tuatha Dé Danann » Logged
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 11:21AM »

Here's the link to CW's site: http://www.celticwoman.com/south-africa-tour-dates/

One question. It says for the first time in S. Africa but didn't they tour there before?

MaryNorth93
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 11:36AM »

Here's the link to CW's site: http://www.celticwoman.com/south-africa-tour-dates/

One question. It says for the first time in S. Africa but didn't they tour there before?

I was wondering about that too  Huh I believe the TGJ-documentary states they already toured there.. ah well, still great news  Smiley
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 12:09PM »

I was wondering about that too  Huh I believe the TGJ-documentary states they already toured there.. ah well, still great news  Smiley
I think that was only a promotional tour, but I could be wrong.  You're right though, it is good news. Smiley  They'll get to share their magic with more people!
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 12:38PM »

They did a tour there with " A New Journey " in 2007.

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 04:16PM »

Do we know of any South African forum members here, or others who might be close enough to attend that we should inform?  Huh Smiley

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 04:27PM »

It may be time to get that boat. Smiley
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 04:33PM »

I"ve pm'ed Tahnee, the only South African member here I know of.  Can't wait for the reaction!  Cheesy

KerriC
Honorary Roadie

Ireland must be heaven...for Lisa came from there.

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 09:11PM »

In the Q&A Lisa held a week or so ago, someone asked if they had ever toured South Africa and she said they did some promo work there.

Thank you CWLisaFan for helping me get this banner!

Thank you Western_Rose for this awesome banner : )
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 08:48AM »

In the Q&A Lisa held a week or so ago, someone asked if they had ever toured South Africa and she said they did some promo work there.
That's what I thought.  Thanks for clearing that up. Smiley
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 08:34AM »

Perhaps they just meant the first time for this tour? That doesn't really make sense either, though.

Tahnee

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 02:45AM »

Well, I just want to say thanks to those who thought of me when we found out the CW is coming to SA. I think I am the South African fan here but let me tell you when I found out, I cried and nearly had a heart attack and nearly gave my little brother a nearly heart attack... I already have my tickets for Johannesburg and my two best friends, my brother and his best friend are coming to the show....
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 04:56AM »

Well, I just want to say thanks to those who thought of me when we found out the CW is coming to SA. I think I am the South African fan here but let me tell you when I found out, I cried and nearly had a heart attack and nearly gave my little brother a nearly heart attack... I already have my tickets for Johannesburg and my two best friends, my brother and his best friend are coming to the show....

Fantastic, Tahnee!  You'll be our forum representative in Johannesburg!  Spread the word among the people you know who might be interested in going and those who might become Celtic Woman fans!  And of course,  we'll want to hear from you after the show!   Cool Cool Cool

Tahnee

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 06:55AM »

I will be more than happy to the South African representative for the forum.... Since I have become a Celtic Woman all I have wanted to is go to a show and meet the girls... I will, before I go to bed on that night, post about the show... 
greenfire6
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 07:46AM »

I already have my tickets for Johannesburg and my two best friends, my brother and his best friend are coming to the show....

That's great Tahnee! You are really on top of this.  Smiley

The wait you have endured will make Celtic Woman all the more sweeter for you! I will be watching for your after-show report.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: