Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shakespeare Insult Generator  (Read 16891 times)
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« on: September 12, 2007, 05:29AM »

Hey the link here goes to a Shakespeare Insult Generator. Some of you may find it amusing. I don't think any of them are dirty or improper, but I must admit I don't know what some of the things are.

http://www.mainstrike.com/mstservices/handy/insult.html

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
FireGuyFrank

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 05:33AM »

Good find.  I have a feeling that these insults may actually appear in the plays.
Bookworm
Honorary Roadie

Thanks Celtic Chicken!

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 06:58PM »

These are hilarious! They almost sound like something from Monty Python.

Thank you Lisa Kelly Fan and Brian H

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.
ferngully
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 01:49PM »

they are insults from the era. he made up many insults and sayings
Maggie
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 02:17PM »

No, they are not from Shakespeare.

Don't take my word for it though, our resident Shakespeare expert is none other than Master Ropes.

I have never been to this thread before, as it doesn't appeal to me.
However when I saw the Bard's name I had to have a look.....

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 02:23PM »

No, they are not from Shakespeare.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
poohbear
Honorary Roadie

funcle

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 02:27PM »

No, they are not from Shakespeare..

Do you think they are from Bacon?  Undecided
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 05:08PM »

It's a simple JavaScript phrase generator.  The first word will always be one of the following:
"artless","bawdy","beslubbering","bootless","churlish","clouted", "cockered","craven","currish","dankish","dissembling","droning","errant","fawning", "fobbing","frothy","froward","gleeking","goatish","gorbellied","impertinent", "infectious","jarring","loggerheaded","lumpish","mammering","mangled","mewling", "paunchy","pribbling","puking","puny","qualling","rank","reeky","roguish","ruttish", "saucy","spleeny","spongy","surly","tottering","unmuzzled","vain","venomed", "villainous","warped","wayward","weedy","yeasty"

There are separate lists for the second word/phrase, and the third.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
poohbear
Honorary Roadie

funcle

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 05:23AM »

Well, that is one theory.  There is a bust of Don Rickles with an inscription that you read aloud into a tape recorder, play it backwords it says "Francis Bacon wrote Shakespeare insults and Paul is dead."   I read it on the internet so it must be true. Roll Eyes
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 05:55AM »

Well, that is one theory.  There is a bust of Don Rickles with an inscription that you read aloud into a tape recorder, play it backwords it says "Francis Bacon wrote Shakespeare insults and Paul is dead."   I read it on the internet so it must be true. Roll Eyes
I have no idea what any of that was supposed to mean.  But my post isn't a "theory" - I looked at the source code on that page and copied and pasted the word list.

poohbear
Honorary Roadie

funcle

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 09:41AM »

Sorry only joking.  I was combining the weird Paul is dead hoax thirty years ago with the theory that there is a code on a bust  of Shakespeare that  says F Bacon wrote Shakespeare.

Of course I knew you had the facts.  I was just trying to be amusing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: