Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orla's solo album  (Read 13762 times)
Stu Mostinsky
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2007, 08:27PM »

Before CW, Orlagh was a wedding singer.  I imagine "The Water is Wide was probably a standard. Wink Smiley
Sassy

Ni Caoim

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2007, 10:15PM »

I just got my Orlagh CD and it's beautiful!  I love all the songs, but I especially love Siuil A Run and Carrickfergus. 

It's a very calming cd to listen to, filled with many traditional songs, which is what I really want to hear. *S*

CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2007, 03:46PM »

Sassy ... Hate to say I told ya so but ... I told ya so!  Wink I knew you'd love Orla's CD "The Water Is Wide". 'Tis Orla, Sassy. Of course we love it. Yes indeed it is a very soothing, tranquil, calming album to just relax with. That hauntingly beautiful voice of hers. I love it.

Cheers Sassy ... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
Sassy

Ni Caoim

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2007, 02:38AM »

That's why when Ryan asked me what CD I wanted in the contest he ran, I picked Orlaghs.  I already had Lisa's solo CD thanks to Rich and that was my next choice! 

Both Lisa and Orlagh are my favourites! *S*
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2007, 07:45AM »

Sassy - so glad you got Orlagh's CD and are enjoying it. I love all the songs on it - it is hard to pick a favorite. Her voice is so hauntingly beautiful, just like our girl Orlagh herself !!

Looking forward to her next effort - when she gets the time to get into a recording studio between tours!

Susan

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2007, 08:11AM »

With all the cds of all the girls and the shows, I have a hard time picking out the ones to start the day wit, so I rotate. Today it was Lisa's (in honor of her birthday) sometimes it is Orla's.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
logalogalog

Remember the Fallen. Freedom is not free.

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2007, 12:12PM »

I do not own this album yet.It's at the top of my want list however.

Serving during Operation Iraqi Freedom
ferngully
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2007, 12:50PM »

same
mainopsman

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2007, 01:12PM »

I hope Orlagh's new solo CD is out before Christmas.  This would be a great additional Christmas gift along with the new Christmas CD.

JIM

Dedicate some of your life to others.  Your dedication will not be a sacrifice.  It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end.   Dr. Thomas Dooley
logalogalog

Remember the Fallen. Freedom is not free.

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2007, 09:26PM »

OK,I just bought The Water Is Wide.I'll be listening to it tomorrow.

Serving during Operation Iraqi Freedom
nick in denver

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2007, 01:01AM »

i've posted this before but orla's "she moved thro the fair" is, i think my absolute favorite song or at worst tied for first. hers was also the first solo cd i got.
FireGuyFrank

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2007, 08:40AM »

Before CW, Orlagh was a wedding singer.  I imagine "The Water is Wide was probably a standard. Wink Smiley

Can you imagine if Orlagh sang at your wedding and what your reaction would be when you see her as part of CW?!

The DJ at my wedding used to do traffic reports in Boston.  "And now ladies and gentlemen, coming into the room are our bride and groom.  There are some delays around the bar and a back up by the restrooms.  You may want to seek an alternate route..."  Cheesy
Wickster
Honorary Roadie

Class of 2011!

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2007, 09:21AM »

I LOVE IT,I LOVE IT,I LOVE IT!!!

all the songs are my favorite..i have no favorite..although, Water is Wide would be my favorite if it came down to it!!

Wickiexxx

"Even when they have nothing, the Irish emit a kind of happiness, a joy."
-Fiona Shaw
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: