Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orla reports Cleveland show 5/19/12 CANCELLED!  (Read 7276 times)
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« on: May 13, 2012, 11:34AM »

I just got a FB message from Orla that the Cleveland show of May 19, 2012 with the Boston String Quartet has been cancelled.  Here is the text of her post:

Dear John,
I am so sorry to let you know that the show in Cleveland next week has been cancelled.I am really upset and disappointed about this but it is out of my control since it is not a solo show.
I just heard very late last night and I wanted to try and reach out to people personally .
Please take care John and once again ,I am so sorry.
Love and best wishes,
Orlagh x

I replied to her that I will send out notice to the forums for those members who may be planning to go to take actions accordingly with respect to travel plans/restaurant/hotel.

Please tell anyone who might not see this notice who might be affected by this distressing news.  : Undecided

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 01:16PM »

oh no Sad Thats not good for anyone who bought tickets! thanks for informing deveryone! I would have loved to have seen her live!  She left right befor the first time I saw the girls ! I wouldn't have know if I was off of work or not to buy the tix any ways ;( Eventhough I have that weekend off (rare!) but will be extremely busy!! Ah cleveland does it again!!  Oh and I know exactly were that venue is and it is SSSTTTUUUUNNNNIIIINNNNGGGG!!! and actually not to bad of a drive from me, only about 30 min (and I know the area Roll Eyes   thanks!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 02:19PM »

It was very thoughtful of Orla to get word to her many fans whom she knew from postings on the forums and on FB would be attending the Cleveland show.  It enables us to cancel or refrain from making flight plans, hotel reservations.

Hopefully, we'll hear something concerning the refund of ticket costs.  Payment was requested and made to an entity called "Chin Lin".

On the bright side, news that Orla has a new CD in the works means that it will probably be followed by a tour of her own featuring the new music, probably next year.  Wink Grin

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 04:03PM »

ooohh!  Thats was the big news I haven't heard yet!! That is wonderful!  I can't wait, and yes definately have to add it to my orlah song collection!! And maybe cleveland again!! Roll Eyes

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 07:26PM »

ooohh!  Thats was the big news I haven't heard yet!! That is wonderful!  I can't wait, and yes definately have to add it to my orlah song collection!! And maybe cleveland again!! Roll Eyes

Orla mentioned she is in the process of recording songs for a new CD  in conversation with fans at the two shows that did come off, though no formal announcement has come from her via her webpage or elsewhere, suggesting it may be a ways off.  The recording of a new CD could naturally serve as a basis for a new tour, but we'll just have to watch closely for future announcements!   Wink Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: