Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Special People  (Read 7269 times)
Sara

« on: September 12, 2007, 02:08PM »

During my ride to work I was thinking about what actually makes us so attracted to Lisa because I know for myself I have never been so captivated by any singer as I am with Lisa. If someone told me that they were this infatuated I would find it hard to believe. So obviously you have to see and feel the experience for yourself.

Saying that, what came to my mind was there is one other person in my life that has the same ability to bring me to a different state of mind. I am Catholic and our pastor, who is also Irish!!) Has the gift to bring unbelievers to become believers. I moved 9 years ago and still continue to travel to his church. As Lisa has the ability to mesmerize us by her beauty and total talent, he also the gift to make ALL people feel special. This is a parish of 3,000 families, but somehow he knows everyone by name. He always has a sparkle in his eyes (like Lisa) He has the unique ability to make us both laugh and cry. His homilies always seem to hit home, like he is talking just to you (as we feel Lisa is singing just for each one of us). Music is very important in our church and we are blessed with many great cantors. Everyone participates in singing. Fr. Lynch always tells us that singing is praising God. Before each mass begins everyone introduces themselves to surrounding parishioners and shakes hands. Before the mass is over, everyone puts their arm on the person’s shoulder sitting next to them to pray upon. This is not characteristic of Catholic churches.

When my daughter got married I had many people tell me it was the most beautiful Catholic wedding they have ever attended. He just draws everyone into the ceremony. Anyway, enough of that, I just wanted to share my thoughts with you guys. It just occurred to me this morning about the similar feeling that I get from both these special people.

Sara

Moscapoet
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 02:33PM »

Sara you're blessed to have a Pastor like that. It really is not easy to find someone in the ministry that is connected to The Lord and communicates it well. I have been involved in my church for many years and known many Pastors. I graduated from a Christian college and so had some requirements along those lines to satisfy. I also agree that Lisa has a wonderful way of pulling you in and then gently stroking your soul with song. not many entertainers have that ability or care about the message they send. Her faith, and that of the others is obvious. I sing along with her practically every night and she has inspired some of the poems/lyrics I've written. She, like the others, is a gift from God and we are blessed to have her in our lives. Oh, and if you haven't been welcomed yet, welcome to the forum Sara. I'm sure you'll like it here!
Sara

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 02:49PM »

When I thought of the similar abilities these two people have of drawing you in I am surprised I did not connect the similarities before this. Unfortunately, as we all know today, not all priests are what they should be. When you feel in heart that this person is “The Real Thing”; he always includes himself at the same level as all of us. There is just a connection that you cannot deny. That is the same connection we all feel about Lisa. She is “The Real Thing” too!
Moscapoet
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 02:54PM »

Amen!
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 02:58PM »

Sara, Lisa does visit this forum and read these posts. I'm sure she'll be delighted and flattered by your comparison. And you're right; she is the "real thing."

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Sara

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 03:00PM »

I do believe people are sent into our life for a reason. Perhaps Lisa came into our life for us to all become bonded by a mutual gift from God.
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 02:01AM »

Hi Sara,
How lucky you are to have your Pastor as a part of your life!  And how lucky we ALL are to have Lisa as a part of our lives!
Kelli

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Gwyn71

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 05:28AM »

Hi Sara and Kelli and everyone else! You're right...if it hadn't been for Lisa and the other girls we probably wouldn't have crossed paths at all. And it's so special to be in contact with other people who are passionate about beautiful music and the way God leads us all. So many of us are Christians and I don't believe any of this is pure coincidence. I'm sure God has his hand on all our lives, just as He has his hand on each of the Celtic Woman members.  Smiley

God bless you all.

Gwyneth
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 10:26AM »

Hi Sara and Kelli and everyone else! You're right...if it hadn't been for Lisa and the other girls we probably wouldn't have crossed paths at all. And it's so special to be in contact with other people who are passionate about beautiful music and the way God leads us all. So many of us are Christians and I don't believe any of this is pure coincidence. I'm sure God has his hand on all our lives, just as He has his hand on each of the Celtic Woman members.  Smiley

God bless you all.

Gwyneth

I agree Gwyneth!  There's a saying that "Coincidence is simply God's way of choosing to be anonymous".  Lisa's incredible musical gifts and also her willingness to be real and open with her fans is awesome.  She is truly a gift.

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 12:59PM »

"Coincidence is simply God's way of choosing to be anonymous". 

I love that!   Grin

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 02:28PM »

Hello Sara,

Welcome to our forum family.

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful tribute to Lisa and your pastor.

We are blessed in so many ways by:  Lisa, CW, and this forum.

These are all a great group of people.

Tom

PS, willow, I also love that quote

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 03:33PM »

Got to thinking about this. And maybe I should duck when I say it is not just Lisa.

It was the whole CW package. Meav was the first one I saw and heard on the show and her beauty and voice grabbed me. When I watched and listened to Lisa, I felt drawn into something special. Orla's harp playing and singing pulled me in deeper. The youthful and enthusiasm of Chloe was uplifting. Mairead's energy wore me out and being a country boy, I love the fiddle.

So no it isn't just Lisa. If there were only three ladies, I would liken them to a Shamrock but since there are more than three, I am at a loss to make a comparison.

I too am Catholic in a parish of 8000 families. Last year our pastor traded parishes with another pastor as we needed to slow down ( He is 75). He is the only married priest in the Phoenix area and I got to know him very well on a trip to Rome a few years ago. I also got to know his wife when she sat beside me at mass.

We have come together because of Celtic Woman and have joined in a family like way. We pray and lend support to our members who need the help so there had to be a reason for all of this.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 03:50PM »

If you think it's not Lisa, then, who else is it?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Moscapoet
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 01:57PM »

To all, you are absolutely right about the reason we are here. God has chosen to use Celtic woman as His instruments in bringing messages of peace, love, and beauty into this world. Yes, we have that in His Word as well, and in many other ways through a church and/or personal prayer. However, music has a unique way of touching us in a deeply personal way that other forms may not. You don't see crosses around the necks of any of the ladies, and they don't need them because their work speaks for Him. That is regardless of faith because such things are universal. Ever since I began receiving inspired words of poems/lyrics in mid-April I've felt it a calling from Him, and that would not have happened without these lovely and talented gifts from God. I pray I'm as effective an instrument in His hands at the gift I've been given as the fiddle and bow are in Mairead's hands. May His peace be with each of you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: