Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Other Lisa Kellys?  (Read 5167 times)
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« on: May 21, 2012, 07:30PM »

When I looked up Lisa Kelly in the music part at Amazon.com, there were other Lisa Kelly CDs that popped up. She didn't do them, right? Who are these other Lisa Kellys?

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 07:32PM »

I don't know much about it, but there is a Lisa Kelly who is involved with some motorsports show. There is a disclaimer to this effect when one signs Lisa's "Guest Book" so as to avoid possible confusion. I can only imagine Lisa Kelly is a fairly common name too.  Undecided

The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 07:37PM »

I don't know much about it, but there is a Lisa Kelly who is involved with some motorsports show. There is a disclaimer to this effect when one signs Lisa's "Guest Book" so as to avoid possible confusion. I can only imagine Lisa Kelly is a fairly common name too.  Undecided

It is an incredibly common name. There's an actress (Lisa Robin Kelly), an Ice Road Trucker (Lisa Kelly), and I'm sure there are many more besides our Lisa Kelly.

I wonder if she knows the other ones?

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 09:05PM »

There's Lisa the ice-road trucker. Her working conditions are obviously a lot more hazardous, but her schedule probably isn't much tougher than the CW North American tour. YouTube really needs a Wikipedia-style disambiguation feature.

On May 8, I'M GONNA MEET MAIREAD and Lisa, and Susan, and Mairead C.!
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 07:22AM »

There's a harpist out there named Laoise Kelly.  The Gaelic spelling of Lisa's name is Laoise. Wink
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 09:17AM by Tuatha Dé Danann » Logged
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 08:42AM »

There's Lisa the ice-road trucker. Her working conditions are obviously a lot more hazardous, but her schedule probably isn't much tougher than the CW North American tour. YouTube really needs a Wikipedia-style disambiguation feature.
  Good point Wyle  E

greenfire6
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 09:21AM »

A little more about Lisa Kelly, professional truck driver, here:

http://celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=14909.0
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 08:26PM »

I'd hate to think that someone is following a different Lisa Kelly on twitter and thinks that it's the singer.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 05:56PM »

I'd hate to think that someone is following a different Lisa Kelly on twitter and thinks that it's the singer.

Hah!! That would be sad, but luckily I knew I was following the right one because her username is "@lisakellysinger". Smiley

AKA CelticWomanFreak (CWF)

Proud member of the Gosh Dang Potato Gang (Idaho)
6/6/13: Best night of my life. Dreams really do come true.
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 06:12PM »

You are absolutely right. I watched the video where a person met the ice road trucker and I thought that it was our Lisa Kelly. But I wouldn't be surprised if fans of ice road truckers have no idea who the singer Lisa Kelly is.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 06:45PM »

There's also a folk singer named Lisa Kelly.

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 10:43PM »

I've actually met Lisa Kelly, the ice road trucker.

She is very friendly, loves her fans, enjoys interacting with them, and always seems to be in a good mood.  Although, sometimes you can tell on the show that she gets pretty beat down by the end of the season, mentally and physically.

Rumor is she'll be on the next season of IRT, which is expected to be the last, if it is going to happen at all.  Apparently there is still some debate between A&E (who own the faux-History Channel) and the producers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: