Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Germany Tour Pictures and set differences... The Missing Stairs and Arch...  (Read 3784 times)
celticgirl93

« on: May 22, 2012, 04:01PM »

Hi everyone!
I apologize if this has been discussed or brought up. I just found a website with pictures from the tour in Germany and here is the link:
http://www.redcarpetreports.de/2012/stars/celtic-woman-live-in-der-o2-world/
I also found a video on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaPqPm36fqs

Now I did see something different from the US tour which is the fact that they did not include the stairs or the arch in the German tour. I was wondering why they would not include the stairs and arch. They do have stairs just not like the US tour, at least thats what i see from the pics and Video. It reminds me othe the Songs from the Heart stairs on the tour. Well, I have to admit that I would like to see the show with this set design, cause it reminds me of Songs From The Heart. Well, I hope you guys enjoy and hopefully can answer the question as to why they excluded the stair. Sorry If im wrong or if this has been brought up.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 04:10PM »

My guess is that the stairs and arch are stored in the US until they return here - and maybe they did not want to ship them to Europe.
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

There can be miracles, when you believe!

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 09:30AM »

That's my guess as well Jim. And I think that's probably the reason. Just think about all of the additional storage they'd need for all of it. And not to mention to ship it all to Europe... quite expensive I can imagine.

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 10:11AM »

It would be interesting to know where the set is stored.  I suppose they will use the same set next year since it will be the same show.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 10:17AM »

It may be in the trailer with the giant photos on the sides.
greenfire6
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 09:17PM »

Hi everyone!
I apologize if this has been discussed or brought up. I just found a website with pictures from the tour in Germany and here is the link:
http://www.redcarpetreports.de/2012/stars/celtic-woman-live-in-der-o2-world/
I also found a video on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaPqPm36fqs

Now I did see something different from the US tour which is the fact that they did not include the stairs or the arch in the German tour.

Stairs? They have stairs? How did I miss this.  Huh

OK, failed attempt at guy humor, on my part, over.  Embarrassed Cheesy

Thank you for the links! This slug of still images is some of the best on stage captures I've ever seen. All the ladies are beautiful but I will single out Susan McFadden as especially gorgeous in this series of photos.  Shocked  It's amazing what a professional photographer can achieve in what must be diffucult circumstances of a dynamic, live show, wildly changing light, etc. Sincere compliments to the photographer, Sascha Böge. Well done!!!

The audio in the fan video is much better than most as well.

It's good to know the CW Troupe is firing on all cylinders for the European fans!

As for the stairs and arch I agree with the replies and will add the North American props that are too big to effieciently ship overseas are probably in storage in, or near, Nashville, TN. I only guess at that because Nashville is the go to place for that sort of thing with loads of facilities to satisfy that need. I will be watching for the smaller stairs, seen in Europe, to show up for the South Africa Tour.

Once again, thanks for the links!!!!  Cheesy
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 07:59AM »

I like those picures! I see several that would be great for the Caption Game.... Wink

roy

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 08:01AM »

Thanks for throwing that youtube clip in there.At some venues there may be an issue with the height of the stage,which is why the arch and stairs may not have been used.I was at a show last year and the drum sets were on the floor,due to the size of the venue.I believe it solely depends on the venue itself.Just like how many of their speakers they decide to use at a show.They probably have 2 sets of stages for shows outside the US.Thanks for posting the links.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 08:08AM by roy » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: