Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Köln 2012  (Read 3057 times)
Swimmy

My kingdom for a horse

« on: June 11, 2012, 05:27PM »

I hoped someone would start a new topic about the show in Köln. And because no one did it, I'll do it.  Grin  I'm not very good at it so please be patient with me.
I won't write about every single song here. I think there are some people who are much better at it.

The Arena:
I was inside the Lanxess Arena (Kölnarena then) in 1999 for the first time. It's used for concerts as well as for Ice Hockey. The sound inside the Arena is very tricky and in my opinion it's much better in the Phillipshalle in Düsseldorf. The Arena is one of the newest in my area (built in 1997/1998).

The show:
I was there with my sister and her boyfriend (who didn't know what to expect) and we enjoyed every minute. We had lots of fun when Chloe sat on the laps of a guy and the quarrel between her and Lisa at the beginning TAR, laughed much when we were introduced to sing Green grow the rushes (my sister also sings professionally, but because she was just laughing she couldn't sing), laughed much more when my sister and I watched my sisters' boyfriend watching Mairead running over the stage (I thought he would fall off from the chair) and we're sure to take some more family members to future shows.   Grin
BTW, there were some incidents that were quite funny. Like the piper crossing the hall after the break and a guy carrying some Nachos walked after him (he had a seat very close to the stage). Nearly everybody started laughing. Or: Chloe started the first tunes of Amazing grace and a herd of people ran into the hall, because they didn't get that the show had already  started. looked like ants coming out of an antshill. Very funny.   Grin
Everybody had lots of fun and I have to say it was the best show I've ever seen of CW.

So folks: Whoever had been to the show in Köln, please complete here.

I don't have a solution, but I'm admiring the problem.
tchristina23

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 09:28PM »

thanks for a nice little review.
henands69

Celtic Woman forever!

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 02:13AM »

Hello Swimmy, hello CW-friends,

I was there as well and it was amazing! A very nice show in which the ladies did not only perform the songs, we know from the Atlanta DVD, they also sang and played titles from their former shows. My favourite is Lisa Lambe and it was lovely to hear her singing "Dúlamán". I was very surprised how good she speaks german. It was also fun when she trained us to sing the refrain of "Green grow the rushes" with her. She sang it together with Chloe. She performed "Ave Maria" again, which we all know from the very first DVD from the Helix Theatre in Dublin. It is unbelieveable to hear, how her voice has changed throughout the years. Yes, the whole concert was lovely! I hope they will come back soon.

Greetings

Yours Hendrik  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 06:22AM by henands69 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: