Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dayton, OH April 23, 2013 group ticket interest?  (Read 6860 times)
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« on: June 23, 2012, 03:39PM »

I am trying to get up a group of 20 for tickets to the April 23, 2013 Believe show at the Victoria Theatre in Dayton.  I'm told the tickets for the group would be on the second and third row.  Cost per ticket is $70.00 each. The venue didn't know if there would be a M&G, but  based on the ticket prices, I would say not.

I have about a half-dozen people communicating a desire to be part of the group thus far.  Anyone else interested in joining the group?  If so, let me know asap.  If I don't get enough takers,  I'll relinquish the group reservation back to the venue.

rick,

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 08:12AM »

I "may" be interested John. You can include my name as a possibilty and give me a call when you get more info. I no longer travel without M&G.

Máiréad Nesbitt Fan Club www.maireadfanclub.com
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 02:36PM »

Since the tickets are not being offered by a PBS station they will definitely not include a Meet & Greet.  I have checked all the cities offering tickets for the 2013 tour on the CW web site and I have been redirected to ticket vendors or the venue where the concert is being held.  No PBS stations at all.  This is really strange.  See my topic "Celtic Woman 2013 Spring Tour."
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 02:39PM by Hubert » Logged

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 04:15PM »

Since the tickets are not being offered by a PBS station they will definitely not include a Meet & Greet.  I have checked all the cities offering tickets for the 2013 tour on the CW web site and I have been redirected to ticket vendors or the venue where the concert is being held.  No PBS stations at all.  This is really strange.  See my topic "Celtic Woman 2013 Spring Tour."

I've emailed the PBS station in Dayton to see if they will conduct a M&G and they haven't replied yet.  My guess is that you are right, only PBS stations will arrange for M&Gs.  The problem is, they may all decide to defer any announcements until their pledge drives, which for most is around Thanksgiving.
  I will report whatever the venue and PBS station says about M&G.   In the meantime,  these Dayton tickets are probably 2nd and 3rd row seats without M&G.  Undecided

LoveLK

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 10:02PM »

Sent you a PM!  Grin
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 08:27AM »

I've emailed the PBS station in Dayton to see if they will conduct a M&G and they haven't replied yet.  My guess is that you are right, only PBS stations will arrange for M&Gs.  The problem is, they may all decide to defer any announcements until their pledge drives, which for most is around Thanksgiving.
  I will report whatever the venue and PBS station says about M&G.   In the meantime,  these Dayton tickets are probably 2nd and 3rd row seats without M&G.  Undecided
How many seats do you still have left?
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 06:01PM »

I have got committments only for 8 of the 20 tickets needed for the group seats for Dayton.  If I can't reach 20, I'll ask if they will do 10, although I had asked for that number for a group originally and was told that 20 was the minimum.  Can you take a dozen, Matty?  Tongue

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 06:42AM »

I have got committments only for 8 of the 20 tickets needed for the group seats for Dayton.  If I can't reach 20, I'll ask if they will do 10, although I had asked for that number for a group originally and was told that 20 was the minimum.  Can you take a dozen, Matty?  Tongue
If I knew a dozen people who actually liked listening to Celtic Woman, I totally would! Sadly, I can really only commit to two tickets. And that's depending on whether or not my friend and I can actually go since its on a Tuesday. I can easily take off school whenever I want to but since she's working as a teacher, its a bit more difficult.
barbeaver

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 07:54AM »

Think-TV in Dayton responded to my e-mail regarding M&G. They do not know if they will be sponsoring a M&G for the Schuster. They said to check back in November and they should know by then.

EMERALD GEMS
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 08:08AM »

Think-TV in Dayton responded to my e-mail regarding M&G. They do not know if they will be sponsoring a M&G for the Schuster. They said to check back in November and they should know by then.

Thanks Barb!  Smiley

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 12:44PM »

I doubt I'll be able to do it for this coming tour. Its a shame. I was really looking forward to it. But, in all honesty, I could use the money I'll be saving. Only issue is that once you've been to a concert its REALLY hard to wait for another one!
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 09:41AM »

I doubt I'll be able to do it for this coming tour. Its a shame. I was really looking forward to it. But, in all honesty, I could use the money I'll be saving. Only issue is that once you've been to a concert its REALLY hard to wait for another one!
Okay! Disregard that last post of mine! Turns out I will have the money after all!

I was mainly worried cuz my car needs a couple things done. Radiator fan isn't running which, combined with this ridiculous heat, is practically making my car overheat every time I turn it on. Then, just the other day, my transmission started going. When it rains it pours!  Tongue But since its my birthday next week, dad said he'll take care of the transmission, which is the much more expensive part, and I'll pay for the fix for the radiator fans.

Anyway, long story short, I will now be committing to two of your tickets Starman!  Grin And, if I can convince one of my other friends to come along, quite possibly three. I'll also see about him inviting his girlfriend. But I make no promises.  Wink
GeorgeN

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 04:04PM »

My local PBS station told me that the reason they have not offered tickets yet is simply that they have not concluded an actual contract with the promoter. They expect that that will happen in less than 2 weeks and they will be offering the tickets, m&g, very soon thereafter. They also promised me "the very best thing we have", ‘cuz I was the first to contact them.  Cheesy

GeorgeN
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 08:40AM »

Thanks a lot George.  I think that the very early scheduling caught a lot of PBS stations off guard.  I get a newsletter and special announcements from my local station.  So I am keeping a sharp eye out for their intentions.  Normally it is late November when they have a pledge drive. Then tickets plus M&G are first offered for next year's tour.  I suppose that I will just have to be patient.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 02:26PM by Hubert » Logged

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 10:19AM »

I'll be there.  My grandparents live in Dayton, so I'm planning on staying with them.  I haven't talked to them yet, but it's far enough away that it shouldn't be a problem.
But I'm about 97% sure I'll be there. Smiley

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: