Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Woman 2013 Spring Tour  (Read 11030 times)
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« on: June 27, 2012, 12:48PM »

I have been looking at the schedule for the 2013 Spring Tour on the Celtic Woman web site.  They are missing a lot of the major venues that they normally hit.  Also, I clicked on each venue that was offering tickets at this time.  In each case I was redirected to Ticket Master or some other ticket vendor.  In no instance was I redirected to a PBS affiliate.  I really don't understand this.  If anyone has any information that sheds light on this, please respond.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 12:56PM »

The schedule isn't complete, Scott tweets that some dates will be added during the next few months.

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 02:23PM »

Thanks for the information but I still wonder why no PBS stations are involved with ticket sales.  I have bought all my tickets for Celtic Woman through local PBS affiliates.

Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 03:15PM »

Thanks for the information but I still wonder why no PBS stations are involved with ticket sales.  I have bought all my tickets for Celtic Woman through local PBS affiliates.

I think PBS will be involved later surely !

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 05:44PM »

I would call/e-mail your local pbs.  I had to do that and e-mail both pbs and our local venue. which the venue first contacted me and said pbs won't be involved and then the lady at pbs that I normal dal with and some extremely nice associates got  to the bottom of it and let me know they were selling tickets.  They just don't on sale till a little later do to lpedge drives etc..!! Hope that helps!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 06:31PM »

I don't see Minneapolis or St. Paul  yet, but I'm sure it will still pop up  as it looks like the list isn't complete yet. (there are gaps between many of the dates which gives me hope)  And  the Twin Cities are a hotbed for CW  music for sure!  Wink   

Don S

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 07:37PM »

So far there's nothing in Virginia or Maryland, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Personally I'm still hoping for a return to Wolf Trap (It's been 3 years...)

--
Don
Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 08:52PM »

Here is what I received from WVIZ in Cleveland today:

Here is the WVIZ/PBS ticket offer for Celtic Woman:

$500 – pair of premium tickets located within rows A through E + pair of Meet & Greet passes.  (Very limited number available.)

$225 – pair of tickets located in rows F – H and then every other row after that through row W.

Please note, the Meet & Greets are only offered at the $500 level. 

As always, tickets will be assigned on a first come first served basis.

The concert is scheduled for Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 8:00 p.m. the Palace Theatre at PlayhouseSquare.

Please spread the word.  Folks can either contact me directly or call WVIZ Membership at 216-916-6116.

Thanks for your support.

Robin Carreon
Membership Coordinator
WVIZ/PBS and 90.3 WCPN ideastream®
1375 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH  44115-1835
216-916-6164
216-916-6165 fax
robin.carreon@ideastream.org 

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 03:14PM »

The official announcement on the Celtic Woman newsletter says that the tour starts in February and goes 17 weeks.  On their web site it shows the first date to be March 2 and the last date June 6.  Well, if June 6 is the last date and it goes 17 weeks that should make the start around February 8.  That is good news for those of us hoping they will come to our area.  All we can do is wait and see when more dates are added.  Also, there are a few large gaps between some of the stops so maybe there will be some dates added there also.  I believe that PBS will be involved also as Thomas and barb have noted.  So there is still hope.  Thanks everyone for your input.

rodzilla

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 03:24PM »

Yeah, that list seems incomplete.  I hope they add more to the list.  (Seattle, please!)

"Nil Se'n La"--Seize the Day!
RetPgmr
Total Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 08:57AM »

Yeah, that list seems incomplete.  I hope they add more to the list.  (Seattle, please!)

Agree! We need a show in Seattle.

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 06:46PM »

Please....Minneapolis or St. Paul!   Huh Huh Huh    Not panic time yet...lots of time left.  Wink

rodzilla

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 05:32PM »

Yeah, that list seems incomplete.  I hope they add more to the list.  (Seattle, please!)

Well, I checked the Paramount theater Seattle website.  From the end of May to June 2nd they have a show called FELA! running.  Look at the CW website.  Vancouver BC on June 2, Spokane on June 5, Boise on June 6.  If they are going to have a Seattle show it will be either June 3 or 4 2013.   Or Better yet, have shows on both days!  I pray they make it happen!  RetPgrm, remember the look on Chloe's face when everyone game them that long standing ovation at the end last April?  That was because it was 2 years since Celtic Woman was at the Paramount!  
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 05:38PM by rodzilla » Logged

"Nil Se'n La"--Seize the Day!
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2012, 06:32PM »

Yeah, that list seems incomplete.  I hope they add more to the list.  (Seattle, please!)

Well, I checked the Paramount theater Seattle website.  From the end of May to June 2nd they have a show called FELA! running.  Look at the CW website.  Vancouver BC on June 2, Spokane on June 5, Boise on June 6.  If they are going to have a Seattle show it will be either June 3 or 4 2013.   Or Better yet, have shows on both days!  I pray they make it happen!  RetPgrm, remember the look on Chloe's face when everyone game them that long standing ovation at the end last April?  That was because it was 2 years since Celtic Woman was at the Paramount!  
They have GOT to come back to Seattle! The show you refered to may have been my first (and thus far, only) CW concert!

...I still might try getting to Spokane, but Seattle would be a much better choice in my opinion! Smiley

RetPgmr
Total Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 10:16AM »

Remember the standing ovation. But, my biggest memory was when Lisa, who I had just met in Chicago the beginning of April for the 2nd time, spotted me in the front row and gave me a big wink during Awakening and then at the m&g got up and gave me one of her famous hugs. Talk about a special night!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: