Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toledo Ohio 2013  (Read 4629 times)
Kyradriel

« on: June 28, 2012, 06:52PM »

I am in full-on freak-out mode right now. And I'm trying not to cry. Because I've been without a computer for a few days and I log on to find my email from CW announcing tour dates and lo and behold, there's a Toledo, Ohio date. And when did the tickets go on sale? TWO DAYS AGO. And how much do I have in my check book? Not enough. I am so upset right now I don't know what to do. My mother won't let me use her credit card and I don't have enough money on my own. I'm so close to applying for my own card...all I have is my bank card that connects to my checking and I don't have enough in there. Oh my God, I am so freaking out right now. All I want in the whole world is to see CW again. I've seen them three times and that one night makes me feel so wonderful and so happy and so at peace with everything, I can't imagine going a whole year without seeing them again.

Is anyone else going to the Toledo, OH show?

Would it be totally wrong of me to apply for a credit card just to buy tickets?
(Update: I've been approved for a Discover card and I'll have it in a week. *blush*hide*)

Do you think I'll still be able to get good seats in a couple weeks? T_T

Why isn't the show listed on the Ticketmaster site?

Edit: I GOT SEATS IN THE SECOND ROW OHMYGAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! The closest I've ever been is 9th row. I am SO excited. I think I'm going to go to the gym now for a run so I can calm down. XD *insert epic high five of happy here*
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 02:49PM by Kyradriel » Logged

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 05:43AM »

I went to the Toledo show a few years ago. I didnt plan to, but I heard tix and meet & greets were still available and I was able to purchase at the last minute from PBS. I ended up 5th row. There were a LOT of empty seats. I was surprised. Never seen so many empty seats in a small theatre. PBS even had their staff sitting in some to sort of fill them in as best they could. It was strange. But the ticket prices s were above average and likely way too high for that area's demand. If PBS and the venue lower prices this time around I bet they do much much better.

I dont know why its not listed on Ticketmaster. I plan to wait and see what PBS does, if anything, and see what their prices are. But the front row will be gone by then! But thats how it goes. The tour dates got released earlier than in the past so they will be on sale months before PBS takes pledges.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
rick,

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 07:31AM »

I purchased a front row seat a few hours after they went on sale through the venue with plans to get a M&G later. I cut out the middle man and go straight to the venue. WGTE does not know if they will offer tickets yet so that is a waiting game.

http://www.stranahantheater.org/2001seas.html

Máiréad Nesbitt Fan Club www.maireadfanclub.com
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 10:33PM »

But when you do that, wont you have to pay full price for both a ticket and meet&greet? I dont think they sell m&gs separately. So you are paying a very high premium to get both front row and meet&greet. Although I can see another argument. At some shows we do that anyway, and if you compare, the overall cost could, in theory, be about the same. BUT the thing is, if Toledo sells their m&g and tickets at the price they did last time, at a premium higher than normal, you are really paying a LOT for your tickets. Unless of course you manage to sell the ticket you wont be using. Then its smart, but still a gamble.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
rick,

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 08:19PM »

I will keep the best which I imagine is the one I got from the venue. Since the venue is selling front row, I doubt the one with the meet and greet will be better. Now if they are high like you said, I will go elsewhere and sell the one I have. One thing about these shows, they is no reason to pay high prices when I can go somewhere else.

Máiréad Nesbitt Fan Club www.maireadfanclub.com
GeorgeN

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 08:04PM »

I went to the Toledo show a few years ago. I didnt plan to, but I heard tix and meet & greets were still available and I was able to purchase at the last minute from PBS. I ended up 5th row. There were a LOT of empty seats. I was surprised. Never seen so many empty seats in a small theatre. ........

For the first time last year I was at a CW show that had a goodly number of empty seats up front (and I’ve been to 12 shows). It might be the economy, or dare we say it, CW’s popularity might be waning a little. Now that couldn’t be true?

It’s no secret that live music ticket sales are down throughout the industry and perhaps it was part of the reason for CW doing more outside the USA concerts this year and apparently next year as well. I really missed not going to those outdoors summer concerts that I enjoyed so much in 2011.

GeorgeN
SandyB

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 06:11PM »

I dont know why its not listed on Ticketmaster. I plan to wait and see what PBS does, if anything, and see what their prices are. But the front row will be gone by then! But thats how it goes. The tour dates got released earlier than in the past so they will be on sale months before PBS takes pledges.

Hey Cash! The reason the tickets are no on Ticketmaster is because the Stranahan uses etix to sell their tickets now. If you go to this link and choose your tickets by SECTION, click on the down arrow and down at the bottom there is RGT PIT and CTR PIT. They only have individual seats now and in the third row of the pit. $102 each.  http://www.etix.com/ticket/online/performanceSale.do?method=removeAllSeats
Good Luck.

SandyB
SandyB

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 02:13PM »

Hey folks who are interested in going to the Toledo show: The CW Website is incorrect about PBS station. The website lists WGTE as the PBS Sponsor. I have been in contact with them and they originally said they would be doing M&G but now they won't respond to my requests.  In doing a little research, I found M&G tickets listed on the WBGU website for $200 a pair. Not a bad price if you ask me. We have been in touch with them and this is definitely for the April, 2013 show at the Stranahan.  I don't know if these will be pit seats since etix.com has been selling tickets for several months, unless PBS obtained some early on.  Here is a link to the support page of WBGU.  https://www.wbgu.org/pledge/index.php?type=r&program=547 Good luck and I can't wait to see some of you there! Grin

Sandy

SandyB
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: