Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lisa is left-handed!!  (Read 13430 times)
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2013, 10:30AM »

If you're a lefty you're sinister according to the Latin.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2013, 05:14PM »

Love that I have another person in this world that is a true leftie like me!! And not only is she a leftie, her birthday is in August and is a strong leo like me! Lisa's the first and mine is the 7th!! She is in the leftie leo club like me!! love it!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Texan

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2013, 06:35PM »

If you're a lefty you're sinister according to the Latin.

Oh yes, us poor left handers. If memory serves me right David Downes and Ray Fean are left handed. I'm sure that has
been mentioned. A long time ago when Lisa K had her forum this topic came up. Quite a few posts, I remember regarding
left handed people. A few lines from back then:

Hi Aimee,

I’m left handed too. I don’t why you titled this “What’s wrong with being left handed?”
It seems so natural. I’m proud I’m left handed. I’m both artistic and analytical. I have seen left handed people
 write with their hand curved, it actually looks painful to me. I write like a right handed person would write, just with the left hand.

But you do have to adapt. Right handed people take so much for granted. There are so many things in everyday life that are made for right handed people.
 You can start by looking at the mouse for your computer. 

I did a little research:

I just learned a new Irish word.
Ciotóg
Ciotóg is an Irish word used to describe left-handed people, which also means 'strange person' Isn’t David left handed? LOL. I think Ray Fean may be too.

In his book Right-Hand, Left-Hand, Chris McManus of University College London, argues that the proportion of left-handers is rising and left-handed people
 as a group have historically produced an above-average quota of high achievers. He says that left-handers' brains are structured differently in a way that
 widens their range of abilities, and the genes that determine left-handedness also govern development of the language centers of the brain.

McManus says that the increase could produce a corresponding intellectual advance and a leap in the number of mathematical, sporting, or artistic geniuses.

Take that you right handed people. LOL.

There are many theories on how being left-handed affects the way a person thinks. One
theory divides left- and right-handed thinkers into two camps: visual simultaneous vs. linear sequeential.

According to this theory, right-handed people are thought to process information using a "linear sequential" method in which one thread
 must complete its processing before the next thread can be started.

Left-handed persons are thought to process information using a "visual simultaneous" method in which several threads can be processed simultaneously.
Another way to view this is such: Suppose there were a thousand pieces of popcorn and one of them was colored pink. The right-handed person — using
the linear sequential processing style — would look at the popcorn one at a time until they encountered the pink one. The left-handed person would spread
 out the pieces of popcorn and visually look at all of them to find the one that was pink.

A side effect of these differing styles of processing is that right handed persons need to complete one task before they can start the next.
Left-handed people, by contrast, are capable and comfortable switching between tasks. Left-handed people may have an excellent ability to multi-task.
Perhaps the anecdotal evidence that suggests they are more creative stems from this ability to multi-task.

Right-handed people process information using "analysis", which is the method of solving a problem by breaking it down to its pieces and analyzing the pieces
one at a time. By contrast, left-handed people process information using "synthesis", which is the method of solving a problem by looking at the whole and trying
to use pattern-matching to solve the problem.

The hypothesis that left-handed people are predisposed to visual-based thought been validated by a variety of evidence.
So Aimee don’t feel bad you’re left handed. We may be a little bit long winded too. Oh well…

Lester

Appreciation is a wonderful thing: it makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.

Thanks for all of your wonderful music Deirdre
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2013, 07:02PM »

exactly! Even though I write true left handed I adapted to everything else that is meant for right handed people naturally! And I think it is has to do w natural response and that I can mimick and adapt pretty well! But I write true left handed! Even though I tried a few times w my right just to be cool and ambedextrious (both right handed and left handed!!) but it doesn't work that well! And the irish translation for it is pretty acurrate to!  Considering my name (Barbara) translated is pretty much "stranger"! And I didn't know ray and david were left hande!  also 2 very talented people!!!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 12:01AM »

I'm also a lefty.

Ciotóg is an Irish word used to describe left-handed people, which also means 'strange person

Maybe I shouldn't have confessed.

Lester

Haha, that's hilarious! It definitely describes me. Tongue

And as for me, I'm so left hand dominant that I feel like I can't do ANYTHING with my right hand, except play instruments. I actually really love being a lefty, because it's unique and I'm a unique person. Except I HATE those tiny desks that are only made for righties, and I hate writing in notebooks and smearing my words with my hand when I write. lefty probs. Tongue

AKA CelticWomanFreak (CWF)

Proud member of the Gosh Dang Potato Gang (Idaho)
6/6/13: Best night of my life. Dreams really do come true.
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 07:02AM »

I still remember when my mom found a pair of lefty scissors that actually worked. I spent the entire day doing nothing but cutting things up. Sadly they were kid sized, and my fingers are too big to be able to use them. I don't remember what happened to those scissors.
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2013, 08:44AM »

Haha. She is no longer L'il Lambe. Now she's L'il Lefty.   Smiley

Count me among the creative, strange, and sinister too (as I mouse with my left hand).

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: