Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings everyone!!  (Read 4684 times)
Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« on: July 22, 2012, 10:22PM »

Hey everyone!! I'm just, oh you know, that normal Celtic-Woman obsessed 15 year old girl from Idaho. I have loved Celtic Woman ever since I was in 5th grade. Truth is, I kind of abandoned CW after Meav left  Embarrassed (I know right?!?! What kind of horrible person am I??) then when Orla left, I kind of left it all together.

About 6 months ago, I atteneded a traditional/old time fiddle/music camp (ahh whatever you wanna call it Tongue ) where I learned to play the bodhran. I have since gotten pretty good at it, then I was playing a few months ago and I remembered where I first saw a bodhran...

CELTIC WOMAN!! OMG!!! So then I got re-obsessed. I am still in the process of introducing myself to the new Celtic Women as I have not listened to them in quite a while, but I will always have a special place in my heart for Meav. <3

So that's it! Smiley

AKA CelticWomanFreak (CWF)

Proud member of the Gosh Dang Potato Gang (Idaho)
6/6/13: Best night of my life. Dreams really do come true.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 09:15AM »

Hi there... Smiley   I'll say it here too.....You are in good company here. As you have already guessed, I'm quite a Meaviac myself but love all my Celtic Cuties so much.  Have fun! 

maverick00725
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 06:56PM »

welcome to the forum. we hope you will enjoy yourself here.
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 06:39PM »

Welcome to the forum, CelticWomanFreak! You'll love all the new girls, they are equally amazing! Good luck with the bodhran!
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 10:28AM »

Welcome to the forum.  I was disappointed when Meav and Orlagh left but also when Alex and Lynn left.  I have stuck with the group through the years.  We are very fortunate that David has found great replacements and the group has not missed a beat.  If you are bodhran player you should be a big fan of Ray Fean.  I certainly am.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 11:10AM »

Thank you for all the kind welcomes!! And yes I am a fan of Ray Fean, he is an excellent percussionist. Smiley

AKA CelticWomanFreak (CWF)

Proud member of the Gosh Dang Potato Gang (Idaho)
6/6/13: Best night of my life. Dreams really do come true.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: