Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Difficult Family Decision Regarding Zippidy The Cat  (Read 20564 times)
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« on: July 25, 2012, 06:10PM »

My family has a feline friend named Zippidy who has been a member of the Parker household for 20 years. He is a handsome orange tabby who has been a valued friend and companion for these past two decades. He has always been a very spirited and independent cat. He has always been a spunky fighter.  But the last couple of years, he has lost most of his fight and various ailments have plagued him of late.  We decided on a date to have him put him out his chronic discomfort. ( A week from this coming Monday.)  This is not the first cat we have had to do this for, but it is hard each time. We typically keep the cremains for a while and perform a ceremony and spread the ashes in a meaningful  location.  I am having a hard time writing this as tears are coming to my eyes. Putting it in black and white makes it seem as real at its going to be soon.  Cry Please keep me and my family in your prayers for the next few weeks. The special animals in our lives just have a way of working their way into our hearts. Zippity has lived a good long, life and soon he can be with his "Grandpa" ( my dad)  who passed last September. My dad and Zippidy had a special bond between them and Zippidy was disillusioned when dad passed.  Our pets miss us too.  Cry    Thank you in advance for your considerations in this matter.  ....James 

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 05:18AM »

I can understand how you must feel James. I`ve had several squirrels as "sort of pets" and there are 3 buried in my backyard. Somehow it`s comforting to have them there,buried in little wooden boxes , one has a little wire fence around the area and a plastic squirrel with a stone and his name " Ernie" on it. It`s a comfort to have them there.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 09:15AM »

I understand completely.  I almost lost my cat last year and felt like I had a new lease on life when he recovered.  He is nine years old so I hope to have him as long as you have had Zippidy.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 03:05PM »

Thanks guys...... Its  nice to be among other animal lovers.   Smiley 

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 03:19PM »

anyone that hand feeds a skunk could be considered an animal lover....they LOVE peanut butter on a Ritz cracker.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 04:24PM »

anyone that hand feeds a skunk could be considered an animal lover....they LOVE peanut butter on a Ritz cracker.
   I have a routine every morning where I lay my hands on Snuggles'  head and wish him the "Paws Of The Lord". He squeaks out a soft little meow like he's saying "Amen". 

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 04:04PM »

Well....today was the fateful day.  Cry Cry Cry    My mom, sister and I brought Zippity Cat in for his FINAL  visit to the vet.  This happened after work. He was over 20 years old and suffered from numerous ailments and was very weak.  He was true to himself to the very end. He had always been a fighter and he showed his spunk in his final breath.  Zippidy was a part of the family for 2 decades. the vet said that that is the same as 98 human years.  He will always be remembered fondly and certainly never forgotten.    "THE PAWS OF THE LORD"  be with your spirit always you ornery orange cat you.    ZIPPITY PARKER - BORN:  MAY 6th 1992     DIED:  August 6th  2012.    Love you sweetie.   Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 12:02PM »

Thanks, James.  I feel like you will get to see him again someday as I will get to see my beloved pets also.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 05:08PM »

Thank you Hubert.... Smiley   and everyone else who has shown me support through this time. This is truly a caring and supportive on-line community.   Smiley

Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 09:15PM »

Oh my goodness...I am so sorry. I know how difficult it is to lose a pet, especially if you have to put them down. I will definitely be praying for you and your family...just remember that it's best for Zippity.

AKA CelticWomanFreak (CWF)

Proud member of the Gosh Dang Potato Gang (Idaho)
6/6/13: Best night of my life. Dreams really do come true.
dbbii

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 07:30PM »

Take a look at this poem.

http://petloss.com/rainbowbridge.htm

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 07:36PM »

Take a look at this poem.

http://petloss.com/rainbowbridge.htm

Thank you so much  "dbbii"  for that wonderful link. Yes, I think we will be reunited with our furry friends one day. There have been many feline friends I would look forward to be reacquainted with.  Smiley    And thank you too, CWF for your words of support too.  Wink 

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 10:36AM »

Oh I am so sorry to hear about your cat Sad I am actually tearing up. We put our 14 year old dog down about 2-3 years ago after having since we were young.  It was the hardest thing in the world. We didn't get apollo for about 22 years and pretty much had to!  I littlerally would cry everynight for 2 hours because I missed her so much. She was the nicest dog ever and protected me and listened to music and walked three times a day!  i was just hard toward the end and it feels like something was missing. As I'm sure you know x  But, I think she sent us apollo and he is def. a trip and almost to much to handle! Even though he is 2 we almost had to put him down or take him to the pound to be put down because he landed me in the er with really bad bites (got lots of scars to prove it!)  and we just couldn't do it (even though I almost landed in the er again 2 wks ago since he bit me again (my fault) and thank god I know first aid and nurse stuff so I was able to take control.  Because they would have immediately euthanized him, and that would have been devistating!  Time will heal the heart and getting a new cat/ or kitten is prob. the best solution!  Just make sure it's a nice one though!! we thought the same thing about getting a pet and he is bi-polar so some days I can't even go near him or walk him (can't take a risk!)  so I would get one that is 24 hours 7 days a week, sweet and loving!!   xxxx hugs

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 06:30PM »

Thanks Barb for kind thoughts.  Smiley   Yeah...these furry friends of ours sure have a way of getting in our hearts, don't they. I'm sorry to hear about your dog.  Cry   There are family animals from a long time back I still think about too. This next "Humane Society Walk For Animals" I will walk in Zippidy's honor like I have for other fallen Parker pets. Thanks again....   Smiley

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2012, 02:33PM »

Thanks Barb for kind thoughts.  Smiley   Yeah...these furry friends of ours sure have a way of getting in our hearts, don't they. I'm sorry to hear about your dog.  Cry   There are family animals from a long time back I still think about too. This next "Humane Society Walk For Animals" I will walk in Zippidy's honor like I have for other fallen Parker pets. Thanks again....   Smiley
xxxx even though they are gone they are always in our hearts forever! Smiley

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: