Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 197   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I hate it When?  (Read 689571 times)
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2640 on: July 17, 2014, 12:29PM »

When I have to wait, wait, wait.......... for the complete 2015 tour schedule to come out.  Sad
I bet a lot of you feel the same way.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 02:35PM by Hubert » Logged

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #2641 on: July 17, 2014, 12:33PM »

when people don`t know how to drive!!

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2642 on: July 18, 2014, 07:30PM »

When I have to wait, wait, wait.......... for the complete 2015 tour schedule to come out.  Sad
I bet a lot of you feel the same way.

that's me. I'm expecting more dates to show up over the next month.

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #2643 on: July 23, 2014, 08:02PM »

My sinus infection refuses to go away.. even AFTER antibiotics...

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #2644 on: July 24, 2014, 02:32AM »

I hate it when people fight evil with evil. Cruel execution in Arizona took two hours. Fiendish and inhuman.

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2645 on: July 24, 2014, 04:37PM »

Yeah, I really feel sorry for a guy who blew away two innocent people in cold blood.  Roll Eyes

He got what he deserved and it was a lot more merciful than what happened to his victims.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2646 on: July 24, 2014, 04:46PM »

I don't feel sorry for him in particular. It's just that execution is a kind of murder. And if they have to kill him, for whatever reason, then there is no reason to give him two hours of thores. Yes, I am against death penalty and I am happy that there is no country in Europe that still has it. Apart from that, I can't stand humans playing God... It's not our job to decide what happens to people who have done whatever...

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #2647 on: July 24, 2014, 05:11PM »

Thank  you  Chiara.   I  agree  that  I  didn't  feel  for  him  in  particular  and   the  part   about  that  we  shouldn't  play  God.    I  would  also add that  it  is  easy  for  folks  to  get  caught  up  in  the  emotionalism  of the  moment. I  have  sometimes  found  my  feelings  and  my  basic  values  were  in  conflict  with  each other.  ( especially  concerning  this  issue )     With  me  coming  from  a  pastor's  family, I have  to  err on  the  side  of  life  even  though  my  feelings  say  something  different.  Does  this  make  sense ? 

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2648 on: July 24, 2014, 06:35PM »

Considering the fact that God himself made it quite clear in the Bible that the penalty for murder is death, I have no conflict between my religious beliefs and capital punishment.

God put civil authority in place on this Earth, and no matter what happens in the next life, those who commit crimes have to face the punishment in this one.  Some crimes are so heinous that the only penalty equal to the crime is the forfeiture of one's own life.

People are more concerned with the rights of the murderer and don't care what happened to his/her victim(s).  Those people aren't getting a reprieve or special treatment.  They are rotting away in the ground while their loved ones are forced to go on without them.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #2649 on: July 24, 2014, 08:31PM »

Considering the fact that God himself made it quite clear in the Bible that the penalty for murder is death, I have no conflict between my religious beliefs and capital punishment.

God put civil authority in place on this Earth, and no matter what happens in the next life, those who commit crimes have to face the punishment in this one.  Some crimes are so heinous that the only penalty equal to the crime is the forfeiture of one's own life.

People are more concerned with the rights of the murderer and don't care what happened to his/her victim(s).  Those people aren't getting a reprieve or special treatment.  They are rotting away in the ground while their loved ones are forced to go on without them.
  That  would  seem  to  conflict  with  what  Jesus  said  about  "he  who is  without sin may  cast the  first  stone".   This  always  and forever  explicitly states  that  corporal  punishment  is  amoral.  The  Bible  does  NOT  distinguish between  sins.  ' If  one is  guilty of  one  sin, one  is  guilty of  all" .  In  God's  eyes, what  we  have  in  our hearts  counts  just as  much  as  physical  actions. Wishing  someone  dead  is  violating  the  5th  commandment even without  any  ensuing action.  Your  understanding of  Christianity is  flawed  without  the  application  of  the  ideas  of  grace  and  forgiveness. This  reprobate who met  his  demise could  have  very  well  had   a  "thief  on  the  cross"  experience and  entered  the  kingdom  of  heaven ( or  perhaps  not)  Only  the  Lord knows.  yes, we  have  civil  authority  in  place, but  this  civil authority  often  abuses  its  stewardship. You  are  missing  the  point  if  you think its  about  protecting  the perp's  rights- that's  not  what I'm  talking  about. Jesus  fulfilled  the  Old  Testament and  did away  with  the archaic Judaic laws  . Think  of  it  this  way- Jesus  died  on  the  cross  so  that  all might have  a  chance  to  experience  this  grace  upon  which  all of  Christianity  is  based. (even  people  we  detest) To start  saying  that   I'm  better  than  someone else  because  I  sin  differently  ,  is  the  ultimate  in  hubris.   Your  response  is  understandably emotional,  but not  rooted  in  true  Christian logic.  Yes...pray  for  the  victim's  families...yes  they  deserve  compassion,  but  remember  in our  Lord's  eyes  we are  all  the  same. I  know  this  mind set  that Jesus  prescribes  is  difficult  and  even  incomprehensible  sometimes, but  He  calls  upon  us  to  love  all  equally. Please understand  I  am  saying  this  because  I  have  a  deeper  and  richer  understanding  of  theology than  most  people .   I am  just  trying  to  help.   Smiley     

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2650 on: July 24, 2014, 08:59PM »

This is the last thing I'll say, because I've already violated my #1 and #2 online rules, do not discuss religion and do not discuss politics unless it is on a forum devoted specifically to those topics.  It never ends well.

Jesus knew it was a setup, and under Roman law, which is what ruled Judea @ the time, adultery wasn't a crime.  If we say Jesus was against Earthly punishment, then we must say nothing is against the law and there cannot be any punishment.  God established laws and Jesus specifically said he didn't come to abolish the law.

I cannot have any sympathy for men like Jeff Emery, Kenneth Allen McDuff, Danny and Curtis Harris, or James Otto Earhart.  They committed crimes that no sane person could ever comprehend, and thankfully Texas administered justice for their victims.  I didn't pick these names at random for I remember all of these men in the news.  Most committed crimes in my town.  Two of them murdered a man who was my mom's friend since childhood, just to steal his car.  The rest I will not mention what they did because it is not appropriate for our younger members.  Just Google their names if you want to know, but be warned you need a strong stomach to read it.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2651 on: July 25, 2014, 02:44AM »

Sorry, I didn't want to start a huge discussion Sad What i actually said was I hate it when people fight evil with evil instead of evil with good... That execution was just an example, because it was very recent. Apart from that, there have been executions of innocents. But again, I didn't mean that in particular and i didn't want to start a discussion.

Apart from that, about the victims: It doesn't bring them back to life. It doesn't help their family. And the murderer might have a very sad family. Believe me, I have no pity for a murderer (unless (s)he was innocent! dear...), but I think that is what jail is for. Believe me I wnat them to be punished - but without going down on their own level! Murder is murder, no matter who is murdererd. And if that person has killed someone who already killed someone, that's still murder, isn't it? Believe me, the way murderers or rapists are treated in Germany (oooooh, they all had a bad childhood!!11!!11! and our prisons are full of tax evaders!1!1!!! we let dem run free, because they pity it soooo.... blah blah blah) is really not a conclusion. So is killing in a most cruel way. A proper conclusion: Jail. For the rest of that persons life. He will never again harm anyone. And that is the basic sense. And again - Jail only for guilty people. Innocents are not to be punished or put in jail or killed or whatever.

In Germany is a man in jail for his whole life. Because he killed a boy by accident (he thought it was a girl...). He killed lots of women and girls. But for "adult" reasons, but in Germany you don't get more than a few years if it was for sexual reasons (logic? nooo!)... And he did things you really need a strong stomach for. Really. Most horrible things. So just don't think I am a person who always pities murderers, etc. But I still think the death penalty is wrong. And taht is a completely different thing.

AggieGuy, I am really sorry to read that. Please, don't get me wrong here! And those persons are to be punished! But without doing things these persons have done...

I know people that should be in jail. They aren't. I don't know why. I don't think that's good.

And no please let us end this. I am horribly sorry to have started this.

BTT: I hate it when throat feels strange.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 03:15AM by ShiningBright » Logged

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2652 on: July 25, 2014, 07:06PM »

When someone invites me to a wedding.

I hate weddings.  They leave me depressed for a month or more.
oregongirl29
« Reply #2653 on: July 28, 2014, 05:15AM »

When someone invites me to a wedding.

I hate weddings.  They leave me depressed for a month or more.

Don't feel bad I hate weddings to and baby showers, I'd rather be at home doing something. It's just a bunch of people oooing and awwwing over the bride and groom, or the mother to be. It's boring to me. ( Sorry didn't mean for that to rhyme.)
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #2654 on: July 28, 2014, 02:50PM »

when people don`t know how to drive!!
  so WHEN where you in Rhode Island???

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 197   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: