Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lisa's Return  (Read 16561 times)
avalonfreak06

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 01:58PM »

I noticed on the CW website under the Meet the Girls section that Lisa has been moved to the Fomer section instead of the present. Kind of saddens me, but I hope that it wont be a permanent thing. As others have said, we will always welcome her back with open arms.
Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2012, 09:45AM »

Fallback hope: She could still record studio CDs. That's a day job. Even if I will never see her perform live, I can at least hope to hear new songs from her.  Chloe's hymns can make me temporarily forget that I'm an atheist, Lisa Lambe is adorable, and Mairead is just mind-boggling, but when all is said and done, Lisa Kelly is the only one who can make me want to just curl up and purr.

On May 8, I'M GONNA MEET MAIREAD and Lisa, and Susan, and Mairead C.!
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 09:56PM »

Sadly, I've heard that she won't be returning. Cry
She want to focus on her family right now though, especially with her new baby.  Good for her for taking some time for herself.  I really admire her for it! Smiley
Chloe is my favorite, although I've always thought of Lisa as the heart of Celtic Woman.

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Gail

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 05:41PM »

Is it possible that Lisa WILL resturn again after awhile ??............she DOES have incentive to return, because in an interview, or on one of the DVD's, in the Extras section, (the last I am aware of) ......it was revealed that Lisa's husband works for the company behind Celtic Woman, and that is why Lisa does not have to miss not being with her immediate family........they are with her all the time (including the children, from what I have read).

I hope Lisa returns..............I have read comments of Celtic Woman fans who are regretfully leaving the group because they are tired of such quick turnovers of the singers. I realize that to those involved with the group, the contract lengths seem much longer than the fans alude to -- but that is because the fans are not privy to all the behind--the scenes preparation for each tour (until they watch the tour DVD's which periodically have an Extras section showing the concert and everything that goes into each one). But because the fans are NOT involved in all that, therefore, it seems that each new singer is only in the group for 1 to 3 years (with the exception of Llsa and Chloe) before either deciding to leave and return to their individual careers, or due to their contracts expiring.

And the last time I was on this site, I also found more than a few comments regarding feeling like the group was missing having enough harmonizing voices (among the Celtic Woman singers themselves) since the group has been reduced to 3 (?......the last time I saw a video of them), and that fact has been brought up in duscussion on here, with the answer given that the company behind Celtic Woman decided that 3 CW singers (besides Maeraid)  was enough harmony to suit them, and that the fans should just accept that fact and enjoy what they have (which could be taken by some of those fans as the company forgetting who keeps the whole entity of Celitc Woman in business)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 05:44PM by Gail » Logged
carl

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 12:23PM »

I hope Lisa returns.   If not, I hope she continues to sing and perform since she is a very talented young woman.

For me, this year, will be a year where I skip the concerts.  It breaks a six year streak for me.  That something special is gone now.
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 03:06PM »

I do hope Lisa returns eventually as well.
She's very talented and I see where she is coming from with going "family first".
Take all the time you need. Smiley

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2012, 06:07PM »

Ask her on twitter.

I've probably been pestering her too much on twitter. I'm glad that she's replied to two of my tweets, which to a total fanatic is great. My heart almost stopped the first time. I was shocked that someone as awesome as her would bother to reply to a tweet from a nobody. Susan is a great replacement and although most of us were wanting both Susan and Lisa to be in the group making it a fivesome again, I'm not sure that will happen. I hope that Susan stays for a long time and that the group does another DVD and CD that has her on it. This might be good news for Susan since she knows for sure that she's staying with the group and won't end up like Deirdre. I do hope that Lisa will return in the future. At least she's leaving on good terms, although to my knowledge, every member has. I'm sure that the door would be open. Besides, she could work with them again like Meav has on their most recent CD.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 06:54PM »

Ask her on twitter.

I've probably been pestering her too much on twitter. I'm glad that she's replied to two of my tweets, which to a total fanatic is great. My heart almost stopped the first time. I was shocked that someone as awesome as her would bother to reply to a tweet from a nobody. Susan is a great replacement and although most of us were wanting both Susan and Lisa to be in the group making it a fivesome again, I'm not sure that will happen. I hope that Susan stays for a long time and that the group does another DVD and CD that has her on it. This might be good news for Susan since she knows for sure that she's staying with the group and won't end up like Deirdre. I do hope that Lisa will return in the future. At least she's leaving on good terms, although to my knowledge, every member has. I'm sure that the door would be open. Besides, she could work with them again like Meav has on their most recent CD.

I agree with everything you said.  I miss Lisa too and I hope she returns, but I also love Susan.  For me, the "magic" will never be gone from Celtic Woman, because David Downes always chooses the right women to join the Celtic Woman family.  I would love to have a CD/DVD with Susan on it too!  She blends in beautifully with the others.  I'm not sure either if it'll be Susan AND Lisa, but you never know.  They're good at surprising us.  And as far as Lisa's return, some people need to be more patient, because she is a mother of four, and she wants to spend time with her kids, especially right now, while they're still kids.  I mean, Clan is already 10 years old.  I really miss Lisa a lot, but I support her no matter what she does, as long as she doesn't stop singing.

KelticKraze

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2012, 08:39AM »

Is it possible that Lisa WILL resturn again after awhile ??............she DOES have incentive to return, because in an interview, or on one of the DVD's, in the Extras section, (the last I am aware of) ......it was revealed that Lisa's husband works for the company behind Celtic Woman, and that is why Lisa does not have to miss not being with her immediate family........they are with her all the time (including the children, from what I have read).

I hope Lisa returns..............I have read comments of Celtic Woman fans who are regretfully leaving the group because they are tired of such quick turnovers of the singers. I realize that to those involved with the group, the contract lengths seem much longer than the fans alude to -- but that is because the fans are not privy to all the behind--the scenes preparation for each tour (until they watch the tour DVD's which periodically have an Extras section showing the concert and everything that goes into each one). But because the fans are NOT involved in all that, therefore, it seems that each new singer is only in the group for 1 to 3 years (with the exception of Llsa and Chloe) before either deciding to leave and return to their individual careers, or due to their contracts expiring.

And the last time I was on this site, I also found more than a few comments regarding feeling like the group was missing having enough harmonizing voices (among the Celtic Woman singers themselves) since the group has been reduced to 3 (?......the last time I saw a video of them), and that fact has been brought up in duscussion on here, with the answer given that the company behind Celtic Woman decided that 3 CW singers (besides Maeraid)  was enough harmony to suit them, and that the fans should just accept that fact and enjoy what they have (which could be taken by some of those fans as the company forgetting who keeps the whole entity of Celitc Woman in business)

And the last time I was on this site, I also found more than a few comments regarding feeling like the group was missing having enough harmonizing voices (among the Celtic Woman singers themselves) since the group has been reduced to 3 (?......the last time I saw a video of them), and that fact has been brought up in duscussion on here, with the answer given that the company behind Celtic Woman decided that 3 CW singers (besides Maeraid)  was enough harmony to suit them, and that the fans should just accept that fact and enjoy what they have (which could be taken by some of those fans as the company forgetting who keeps the whole entity of Celitc Woman in business)

It does feel like Celtic Menudo (bwahaha) sometimes but I haven't been disappointed with David D. arrangements. I like 4 voices harmonizing but all you need is to listen to the new Home For Christmas CD to know that 3 voices harmonize just as beautifully.  I will miss Lisa on stage but I am glad she is where she wants to be. Besides she keeps in contact via FB and Twitter. She responds to a lot of ppl.
Just think of the talent we have been introduced to through the Celtic Woman business. We still love you Mrs. Porter!!

KC
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2012, 12:31PM »

So true.  Thanks to CW I've discovered 11 of the most talented women!  10 of the most beautful voices and the BEST fiddler on the planet.  I'm not at all disappointed with any of David's choices.  He's a genius!  Smiley

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2012, 05:27PM »

So true.  Thanks to CW I've discovered 11 of the most talented women!  10 of the most beautful voices and the BEST fiddler on the planet.  I'm not at all disappointed with any of David's choices.  He's a genius!  Smiley
I have to agree with you on this,  Tiffany.  David always picks  winners.     Smiley

Gail

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013, 11:34PM »

I also agree that David always picks winners....................but during my quick visit tonight -- while scrolling through the last page of this conversation thread, I AM reading comments about a lot of people missing the previous singers which gave us the original magic of Celtic Woman (of course, including Mairead). Yes, I understand Lisa spending time with her family as she continues her maternity leave with this new baby, but when it comes to Celtic Woman, it is like the Dutch violinist Andre Rieu and his orchestra/soloists/choir.......you do not want to just hear their voices/music on a CD (beautiful as they are), you want to SEE them perform their music arrangements and their relating to each other and the audience during their concerts. That is half of the fun !

And I am still reading comments from fans who are also noting the quick "personnel" changes --- one fan likening it to "Celtic Manudo". I have never seen "Manudo" in action, or paid much attention to their also apparent changing members, but I understand the message that fan is trying to convey, and I wish the people behind the "short" performing contracts would also realize that by not arranging such short contracts and such apparently intense tours, they might not have to have such constant turnovers of the group's members, and might also be able to hold onto more of their fans longer.

I have been noticing the same "rapid" turnover of singers happening in Celtic Thunder -- and after looking up that group on Wikipedia, I discovered that both Celtic Woman and Celtic Thunder are owned by the same company / management group. Celtic Thunder has become like Celtic Woman.......the different voices are great to listen to, but with both Paul and Damian now gone, the original magic is starting to disappear for that group, too.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 11:56PM by Gail » Logged
drmayeda

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2013, 01:35PM »

I thought I read an announcement earlier that Lisa Kelly would only be leaving for the 2013 tours to spend time with her new baby.  has that situation changed?  Home schooling(sort of) is an option and they get plenty of social time with other members of the band and others.  I was hoping to get more information.
chellek

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2013, 02:03PM »

I thought I read an announcement earlier that Lisa Kelly would only be leaving for the 2013 tours to spend time with her new baby.  has that situation changed?  Home schooling(sort of) is an option and they get plenty of social time with other members of the band and others.  I was hoping to get more information.

Well, she is opening the new studio, and Scott has stepped down so my assumption is that she will not be back.    Sad
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2013, 06:36PM »

I have been noticing the same "rapid" turnover of singers happening in Celtic Thunder -- and after looking up that group on Wikipedia, I discovered that both Celtic Woman and Celtic Thunder are owned by the same company / management group. Celtic Thunder has become like Celtic Woman.......the different voices are great to listen to, but with both Paul and Damian now gone, the original magic is starting to disappear for that group, too.

But the main difference there is that they are single men. These women have all left for various reasons. But the one most common reason is because of family. The vast majority of these women are mothers. Meav and Orla left because of the gruelling tour schedule and to focus on their solo careers. Alex left mostly beause she wanted to spend time with her family. Most of the work she's done has been at home in Ireland, or at least in Europe. Lynn left because she missed home and so returned to Ireland and has started new projects. But all were in Ireland. And Lisa K? Well, with 4 children, I think we all knew on some level it was inevitable.

Paul and Damian leaving CT was completely different. At the time, both were single men who simply wanted to try their hand at solo careers. Damian, in particular, was going to be very busy with Glee. Neither one of them had families to tend to. With a group full of women of child-bearing and child-rearing years, its bound to happen. Because women are the caregivers. Not to sound sexist or anything, but that's simply the way the world works.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: