Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some Fun Facts About Méav!  (Read 5404 times)
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« on: September 09, 2012, 02:23AM »

Removed because I don't want a war on here. I love Méav & I never just made that stuff up. I got it from what "supposed" to be interviews. Here are some links:
http://www.celticcafe.com/archive/Music/MEAV/index.htm
http://celticmeav.com/ladymeav/CelticLady/index.html
I don't remember the other websites, but I'll try to find them.

You can stop arguing with me because I get it now, the websites I used were fake & I you will never have to worry about me because I'm NEVER getting on this website anytime soon.

I'm usually a nice, understanding person & this breaks my heart. I'm sorry. I honestly never thought that posting this would get anyone offended because I thought they were real interviews. What else do you want me to say? Can't we just leave it at that? I'm done. Bye.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 06:03PM by Chandler Mattson » Logged
Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 11:07PM »

Interesting!! Haha I thought I was really cool for being able to pronounce her last name...gosh!! I have to learn more!! Tongue

Also, I am the same height as Méav. And she loves to swim in the sea...hmmm...maybe she really is a Merméav... Roll Eyes

AKA CelticWomanFreak (CWF)

Proud member of the Gosh Dang Potato Gang (Idaho)
6/6/13: Best night of my life. Dreams really do come true.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 07:51AM »

Here are some...

Full name is Méav Natalie Aoife Siobhan Ní Mhaolchatha.
Is 5,7 ft.
Natural hair color is light honey brown
Parents are Peter Ó Mhaolchatha and Deirdre Uí Maholchatha.
Has three sisters; Caoimhe, Saoirse & Claire and 1 brother; Jamey.
Méav's husband, Tom, produces TV documentaries.
Favorite color is blue.
Has two daughters; Anna (2005) & Cathrine (2009).
Enjoys cooking for her friends & reading.
Really enjoys lazy weekend afternoons reading the paper then heading out for a walk.
Loves to swim in the sea.
Loves to travel & she tries to check out the local delicacies when she's traveling.
Is a terrible driver.
Is in a book club that meets monthly & whenever she is home she goes along.
Is very playful.
Can be moody.
Has dental fillings in some of her back teeth.
Has a piano in her house.
Plays the harp & piano.
Has very sky blue eyes.

I love this!   Wink   You should post these little tidbits in Tonya's and mine Meav forum.  I can see her being playful.   One thing Meav  likes about being  musically independent now is that she gets a chance to do her own kind of interaction with her audience. This is something she didn't have as much opportunity to do while she was with CW. (although I would love it if she came back).     Anyway...thanks for taking the time to post these.  I love her baby blue eyes too!   Kiss
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 07:06PM by Raving Meaviac » Logged

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 04:10PM »

What is the last name of her husband Tom?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
ed murphy

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 06:15PM »

I'm not sure if the information posted is correct.  If you have the links to where you got the information would be greatly appreciated.

Ed Murphy
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 06:56PM by tiburongirl » Logged
tiburongirl
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 06:46PM »

Hey guys, if anyone has an issue with another member's post, please message a moderator or administrator.  This may sound cliche, but we try to have a fun and happy forum where our members share their enthusiasm for Celtic Woman.  
Kim
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 07:06PM by tiburongirl » Logged

howard

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 07:05AM »

I have just read these posts about Meav.  And after checking with the administrators of the official Meav fansite, Ed Murphy is correct.  This information posted here is incorrect.  And, like Ed, I find it offensive for anyone to post something like Meav's fillings.  That is rude.

Kim, you asked that our posts be kept nice, I understand that, however, I feel justified to post this.
I think posts about Meav or anyone else should be thoroughly researched.  The moderators should be more deligent, misinformation and offensive information should not be allowed to remain on the forum.

This links given here do not substantiate the facts given about Meav.

Thank You,
Howard
tiburongirl
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 07:14PM »

After much consideration, I have locked this thread.  What started out as a member sharing their enthusiasm and thought to be fun facts about Méav has turned into a heated debate.  I will repeat, if a member finds any information listed as being incorrect please report it to a moderator or administrator.  We will then take any needed steps necessary. 

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 09:42PM »

Quick note to add: Some of what was posted was taken from Wikipedia as well. I guarantee you far more people are getting their info from Wikipedia than the forums so if something is wrong there please fix it. I highly doubt Méav or any of the girls would appreciate fans attacking other fans because of something that was easily found on the internet.

Kim, you asked that our posts be kept nice, I understand that, however, I feel justified to post this.
I think posts about Meav or anyone else should be thoroughly researched.  The moderators should be more deligent, misinformation and offensive information should not be allowed to remain on the forum.

This links given here do not substantiate the facts given about Meav.

Thank You,
Howard

I'm not entirely sure what you think the mods were supposed to in this case. The thread didn't violate any forum rules and if we tried to verify every piece of information about the girls that was posted to the forum... that would be a full time job. If it had seemed outrageously inaccurate then yes, you would have a point. As a huge portion of the western world has at least one filling, saying Méav has one isn't outside the realm of possibilities. We're loyal, unpaid, fans who love the girls enough to do this job day in and day out and we're doing the best we can.

aislin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: