Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home For Christmas Now On Amazon  (Read 41618 times)
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 09:12AM »

*TRIES DESPERATELY NOT TO SCREAM*  ............. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I LOVE THE TRACK LIST AND THE BEAUTIFL COVER!  It is strange not seeing the redhead but I still love this cover!  I hope it is the official cover!  Smiley

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 09:51AM »

It is strange about Silent Night and Adeste Fideles. Perhaps they intend to do Silent Night as a group number this time around? And as for Adeste Fideles, perhaps they are going to sing it in the traditional Latin, or do a mash-up between English and Latin? Perhaps akin to Non C'e Piu?

Can't wait to get this album though! SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!  Grin
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

There can be miracles, when you believe!

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 11:20AM »

Now what a nice surprise this is! Smiley
Cool I'll have to order it as well. That track list sounds amazing. And I've already been listening to CW Christmas songs since July lol (don't ask me why Cheesy) Can't wait to have it! Smiley

It is strange about Silent Night and Adeste Fideles. Perhaps they intend to do Silent Night as a group number this time around? And as for Adeste Fideles, perhaps they are going to sing it in the traditional Latin, or do a mash-up between English and Latin? Perhaps akin to Non C'e Piu?

Hm, yes maybe. Smiley But to my knowledge, Non C'è Più was sung in English and Italian, not Latin.

Excalibur

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 12:45PM »

Now what a nice surprise this is! Smiley
Cool I'll have to order it as well. That track list sounds amazing. And I've already been listening to CW Christmas songs since July lol (don't ask me why Cheesy) Can't wait to have it! Smiley

Hm, yes maybe. Smiley But to my knowledge, Non C'è Più was sung in English and Italian, not Latin.

Exactly. I miss them singing in Italian  Cry

MaryNorth93
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 02:10PM »

Well, REALLY happy about Hark the Herald Angel Sing & Auld Lang Syne..  Cheesy My guess is that Silent Night is the ACC-version but sung by Chloë, like LisaL. singing the ANJ-Dulàman on the European edition of Believe. Hoping it will be in gaeilge!  Smiley  Honestly, We Wish You a Merry Christmas isn't a favorite of mine, but I can see CW doing a really lively, cute version of it, kinda like Let it Snow.

Really like this tracklist so far. A good mix between traditional/celtic & modern songs. The cover isn't my thing... but I expect the music to be pretty good  Cheesy
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2012, 02:14PM »

I know that Non C'e Piu was Italian. What I'm saying is perhaps it'll be similar to Non C'e Piu insofar as it'll be full orchestra, half English and half another language (Latin for Adeste Fideles), and be a power song with just the principles singing and Mairead performing but not the choir backing them up. Non C'e Piu was breathtakingly beautiful with the full orchestra and the soloists performing. So I was suggesting that perhaps it'll be similar to that.
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

There can be miracles, when you believe!

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 03:07PM »

I know that Non C'e Piu was Italian. What I'm saying is perhaps it'll be similar to Non C'e Piu insofar as it'll be full orchestra, half English and half another language (Latin for Adeste Fideles), and be a power song with just the principles singing and Mairead performing but not the choir backing them up. Non C'e Piu was breathtakingly beautiful with the full orchestra and the soloists performing. So I was suggesting that perhaps it'll be similar to that.

Ooops sorry, then I misunderstood your post. Yes that would be great if they'd "mix up" the languages. Smiley

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 05:50PM »

Ooops sorry, then I misunderstood your post. Yes that would be great if they'd "mix up" the languages. Smiley

I've never heard "Adeste Fedeles" at all, but I know it'll be devastatingly beautiful!  Smiley

CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 06:23PM »

I've never heard "Adeste Fedeles" at all, but I know it'll be devastatingly beautiful!  Smiley

Here it is, Tiffany
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mRkOvbCUkU

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
greenfire6
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2012, 12:39AM »

Hmmm. Not complaining- only observing...

It looks like Amazon's price has gone down by about a dollar since I ordered yesterday.

Perhaps sales are brisk.  Huh  Cheesy
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 09:11AM »

Something to keep in mind, I wouldn’t be surprised if a collectors edition came out at a later date. They don’t always show up on the retailers sites at the same time as the other editions so if that is something you’d be interested in I’d hold off for a bit and see what happens.

Hmmm. Not complaining- only observing...

It looks like Amazon's price has gone down by about a dollar since I ordered yesterday.

Perhaps sales are brisk.  Huh  Cheesy

When you preorder through Amazon they guarantee that you’ll only pay whatever the lowest price was while you were waiting for the item to be released. In other words, if you ordered the CD yesterday and it was $15 but tomorrow it goes on sale for $10, when they charge you for it they’ll only charge you $10. Does that make sense?

Also, Amazon’s prices are determined by the internet. Their system is set up to go out and crawl the web looking at prices at reputable dealers and then make sure that Amazon.com has the lowest price. Basically what Sam Walton did for Wal-Mart but on a much more massive scale. That’s why you’ll almost never find anything cheaper than Amazon. If tomorrow Best Buy put a certain TV on sale for $200, Amazon’s price would be $195 and they’d include free shipping. In fact, Amazon can and will sell something at a price so low that they have no profit margin on it just to make the sale and hope you’ll come back again and again and again. And that ladies and gentlemen is why so many businesses are convinced that the big boogie man of the internet is Amazon.*

aislin

*In the current US price fixing lawsuit brought by the DoJ against the Big 6 publishing houses and Apple, the publishers are in fact trying to argue that they did everything they did in an effort to not be decimated by Amazon’s policy of selling everything (ebooks) at the lowest price.
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 01:31PM »

Loving the track list and yay! for Auld Lang Syne! But like aislin said, I think I'll wait and see if a Special Edition surfaces, before I pre order.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 03:20PM »

DISC 1
Here are the list Cheesy

1.   Hark the Herald Angel Sing      
2.   Auld Lang Syne      
3.   Santa Claus Is Coming To Town      
4.   We Wish You a Merry Christmas      
5.   We Three Kings      
6.   What Child Is This      
7.   Silent Night      
8.   Mary''s Boy Child      
9.   I''ll Be Home for Christmas      
10.   Joy to the World      
11.   Winter Wonderland      
12.   Adeste Fidelis

LOVE LOVE THE TRACKLIST Cheesy GONNA BE AN AMAZING ALBUM !

Can you put the names of performers next to the songs to see who performs them?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2012, 12:37AM »

DISC 1
Here are the list Cheesy

1.   Hark the Herald Angel Sing      
2.   Auld Lang Syne      
3.   Santa Claus Is Coming To Town      
4.   We Wish You a Merry Christmas      
5.   We Three Kings      
6.   What Child Is This      
7.   Silent Night      
8.   Mary''s Boy Child      
9.   I''ll Be Home for Christmas      
10.   Joy to the World      
11.   Winter Wonderland      
12.   Adeste Fidelis

LOVE LOVE THE TRACKLIST Cheesy GONNA BE AN AMAZING ALBUM !

Can you put the names of performers next to the songs to see who performs them?

We don't know for the moment :/ I'll update the tracklist as soon as I know.

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2012, 10:15AM »

I think I'll wait too.  If there's any bonus tracks, I'll want them lol!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: