Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Themed albums  (Read 4808 times)
Excalibur

« on: September 02, 2012, 11:11AM »

Hope this is not a double thread  Grin

I've been thinking about Lullaby and Christmas albums. They are in fact themed albums. If CW was to release some other albums with a specific theme or genre, which would you like it to be? You can specify a tracklist if you like Smiley

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 04:40PM »

Hmmmm.....interesting angle.  Cool  I know that Meav's "Silver Sea"  is mostly a themed CD-with at least 10 of the 13 tracks being in some way related to the sea.   If I were to get CW to make  a new CD I would suggest a "purely Irish heritage" CD. We all love CWs formula for the mainstream- trad. Irish tunes,  show tunes,  popular covers,  and classical music. The balance has always been enjoyable and even.  I'm just saying it would be nice to have an "All Irish"  CD.   ....just a thought.    Smiley 

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 07:52PM »

Well one of the most commonly suggested is a Disney based cd with a bunch of covers of classic Disney tunes. Another one that I would honestly LOVE to see would be a jazz cd! Ever since Let It Snow, I would love to hear them cover some old Sinatra and Bennet classics! I myself made a whole list on the Celtic Woman Dreams topic! Lol!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 08:31PM by mattycakes » Logged
Gerard

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 09:01PM »

A Movie/TV show based album, with a Celtic twist. There is a lot of material, which I covered in a few threads already. The trick is to limit it to 20 songs and tunes or less  Wink Cheesy
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 04:19AM »

First, "FAMILY" . We know they have close ties to their loved ones. And we know how Lisa K is a Mom. In Fact, some type of "MOM" themed CD would be great, esp as gifts for Moms everywhere on Mothers Day! Not sure what songs would go on it though. Plus could be a great Mothers Day PBS pledge special! I don't think there are many speciaifc to that exact theme!

Second, "ROMANCE". First song would be Lil' Lambe singing Bylinda Carlyle's "Heaven is a Place on Earth". Its the perfect song for her! She can dance. spin, wave her arms, very upbeat song, lots of energy. Mairead can accompany on fiddle. And its got appropriate lyrics for CW and about love. Second song, Susan singing the song from Titanic. Also some special effects on her, like a wind machine gently blowing her hair. Third, either Susan or Lisa K singing Debby Boone's "You Light Up My Life". Thats such an awesome song and I always wonder why no singers do a cover for it.  maybe I am missing something, Lyrics would be very appropriate for CW and I bet many of the older audience members would fondly remember the song.but I think its great. Fourth Lil' lambe singing Bobby Vinton's "Melody of Love". She can have the crowd sing along on the Polish parts on th chorus!  She would have fun with it. And its multi-cultural with Polish words. Also from Hayley's Odyssey Cd she has a song called "My heart Belongs to You" Thats perfect for Susan. Lynn's solo CD has several possible songs, but the one that stands out would be "What Makes the Sunset". I think Sinatra did that song long ago. Seems like a great one. But Sunset of Gold, Melody of Life, and Take me with You are also possibilities. A song called "heaven Help my Heart" from the musical Chess would be good. I think Lisa K  was in a version of Chess and has sung it. The song Faith Hill sang for the Pearl Harbor movie would be good. Amy Grant's one song, I cant remember the name but starts off "baby Baby I'm taken with the notion" is a fun upbeat song that would be great for Lil Lambe. Once again she can spin, dance, etc. Olivia Newton John's "I honestly Love You" or , from Grease, "You're the one that I want". Susan may have some experience singing that one!  Cheesy

« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 08:30AM by Cash » Logged

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 04:43AM »

I'm hoping for an opera album, one with many arias/ big numbers

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 08:42AM »

Hmmmm.....interesting angle.  Cool  I know that Meav's "Silver Sea"  is mostly a themed CD-with at least 10 of the 13 tracks being in some way related to the sea.   If I were to get CW to make  a new CD I would suggest a "purely Irish heritage" CD. We all love CWs formula for the mainstream- trad. Irish tunes,  show tunes,  popular covers,  and classical music. The balance has always been enjoyable and even.  I'm just saying it would be nice to have an "All Irish"  CD.   ....just a thought.    Smiley 
I really like that idea. Smiley  It would also be nice if they did a CD with Celtic songs that weren't from Ireland.  There are a lot of beautiful songs from Scotland, Wales, and Brittany that they could do beautifully. Smiley
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 08:04PM »

Good point...... Smiley

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 08:35AM »

How about a Broadway album? The girls could sing songs from some musicals that they haven't utilized yet.
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 07:41PM »

How about a Broadway album? The girls could sing songs from some musicals that they haven't utilized yet.

Good idea. I have noticed that some of their songs could be put in a group like Christian songs, songs relating to water, lament songs, or original Celtic Woman songs.

And I've said it before, I'll say it again, Lent. I would like them to do a Lenten CD.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
John910

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 09:00PM »

How about a Christmas album in the future that features carols of different ethnic backgrounds.

I know some Polish, Slovak, Ukrainian, Russian carols and also German carols, and an Italian carol.

They don't have neccessarily have to sing in all those languages, but the tunes are beautiful.
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 10:29PM »

I'd like a Celtic Woman CD with all their groovy songs such as...
Sí Do Mhaimeó Í
Orinoco Flow
Sing Out!
Spanish Lady
Níl Sé'n Lá
Mo Ghile Mear (Órla's version)
Awakening
Téir abhaile 'riú
A Spaceman Came Traveling

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2012, 10:32PM »

I'd like a Celtic Woman CD with all their groovy songs such as...
Sí Do Mhaimeó Í
Orinoco Flow
Sing Out!
Spanish Lady
Níl Sé'n Lá
Mo Ghile Mear (Órla's version)
Awakening
Téir abhaile 'riú
A Spaceman Came Traveling

I get it....kind of a "best of"  selection...eh?   Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print