Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazing stage presence!!  (Read 6930 times)
Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« on: September 02, 2012, 11:09PM »

As I have watched more and more of the more recent CW stuff...I have absolutely fallen in love with Lisa L's stage presence!! I swear she FLOATS across the stage and in Believe when she comes down the stairs it looks like she's just floating down the stairs..I always have to stop and think, "Wow!! Did I really just see that??" Haha!! But seriously...and when she does her lil "seaweed arms" (or Dulaman arms) as I like to call it...ahh I just love it!! Cheesy

AKA CelticWomanFreak (CWF)

Proud member of the Gosh Dang Potato Gang (Idaho)
6/6/13: Best night of my life. Dreams really do come true.
Whistler

Lisa Kelly / The Voice / Ms. Rhythm

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 02:31PM »

Agreed.  I'd even say she has the best stage presence.  Every movement is so captivating, I can't take my eyes off her.  And she uses movements to emphasize certain moments.  I'd need a jaw-drop smiley for Black Is The Color (and the song actually describes her pretty well apart from the hair color Grin).

Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 02:52PM »

Well I don't know if you can beat Mairead's stage presence and all the energy she brings... Grin ...but Lisa's is different, like it puts you in a trance or something.

And yes!! Black Is The Color is a beautiful song...made especially beautiful by the way she sings it. Smiley

AKA CelticWomanFreak (CWF)

Proud member of the Gosh Dang Potato Gang (Idaho)
6/6/13: Best night of my life. Dreams really do come true.
Whistler

Lisa Kelly / The Voice / Ms. Rhythm

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 03:09PM »

I didn't think of Máiréad! Shocked That's a good point, because she has to rely on movement and expression.  What Lisa does is similar, though with her it's more like a trance, as you said.

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 08:45PM »

Lil' Lambe's theater training is very evident in her every nuance.( Just like another Lisa we know)   Smiley   My fav, of course, is how she presents "A Spaceman..."

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 09:33PM »

She is truly a joy to watch on the stage! As has been stated, her stage presence is evident in every single move that she makes. Every nuance conveys varying emotions. My personal favorite songs with her are Black Is The Colour (which I know is considered controversial due to the fact that she makes that song very intimate, for lack of a better word on a public forum) in which she truly shines as a veteran of theater, Dulaman (particularly during Believe when she made do with the first act dress and made it even better than SFTH and still as playful), and Awakening. She knows how to utilize her voice, her costume, and her very movements in ways that entrance and captivate!

Long live The Lambe!
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 09:34AM »

AMEN to all the previous posts.  Her stage presence comes from a God given talent accentuated by her theatrical training.  I love her presentation of Dulaman.  She really gets in the face of Eoghan O'Neill (bass guitarist).  Her interaction with Ray and the spoons is priceless.  I met her at a Meet & Greet for the second time this year.  I commented on her "seaweed arms".  Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHUjdLkQqPQ

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
lynnhillaryfan
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 09:30PM »

I absolutely agree!! Grin  Grin

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 05:07PM »

As I have watched more and more of the more recent CW stuff...I have absolutely fallen in love with Lisa L's stage presence!! I swear she FLOATS across the stage and in Believe when she comes down the stairs it looks like she's just floating down the stairs..I always have to stop and think, "Wow!! Did I really just see that??" Haha!! But seriously...and when she does her lil "seaweed arms" (or Dulaman arms) as I like to call it...ahh I just love it!! Cheesy
Cool....there is actually a thread about this arm movement you describe.   I think you came across a great term.  Smiley I love the way our Lil' Lambe is so bouncy and enthusiastic and energetic. It's just fun to watch.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: