Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW- The Goodwill Ambassadors To The World  (Read 3733 times)
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« on: September 18, 2012, 09:07AM »

I have occasionally made reference to this idea but I  finally thought I would create a thread about it. I firmly believe that this is what our Celtic Cuties have become collectively.  Who has the power to leave us with warm,positive thoughts after every performance?   Whose influence extends beyond the actual performance and keeps us sustained until the next time?    Who embraces everyone equally and cares about their fans more?  Whose popularity transcends every  kind of social demographic?    Who so quickly became the most unique and beloved musical ensemble of our modern era?  Who is a shining beacon of decency in a world that sorely needs one?  Who else has given more people the gift of healing and the inspiration to become more than they ever thought they could?   Of course, the answers to all these questions are rhetorical.   So dig in and give us your thoughts on the subject. 

Whistler

Lisa Kelly / The Voice / Ms. Rhythm

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 09:06PM »

Great post, James. Smiley I find there is a kind of spiritual, transcendent quality to the Celtic aesthetic in general; even something melancholy can be beautiful.  Plus, the Ladies have a positivity and sincerity that's uncommon in entertainment today. And (as one of them described) the music is all about land, and love, and life, so there's a relatability there, too.  So for me,  it's who they are, combined with what they tap into. 

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 09:31AM »

AMEN, AMEN!!!

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 04:01PM »

Great post, James. Smiley I find there is a kind of spiritual, transcendent quality to the Celtic aesthetic in general; even something melancholy can be beautiful.  Plus, the Ladies have a positivity and sincerity that's uncommon in entertainment today. And (as one of them described) the music is all about land, and love, and life, so there's a relatability there, too.  So for me,  it's who they are, combined with what they tap into. 
    Good point.  All these things plus the fact that they ARE popular makes them more effective in that regard.  So kudos to David D. for sticking to the formula that works and for resisting  the temptation to be like everyone else.  It's testament to the idea that going against the status quo  can be a good idea.  Hmmmm....I wonder if David would ever accept a Nobel Peace prize?  Smiley 

rebbie336

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 08:31AM »

I think this article fits nicely into the topic.  Chloe tweeted this about the South African tour.

http://www.iol.co.za/tonight/news/international/irish-eyes-will-be-smiling-on-sa-1.1386253#.UFnNe7JlTMo

Rachel
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 08:55AM »

Thanks   Rebbie!    Smiley  That was a very good interview.   Our special ladies are always very consistent in how they demonstrate themselves to the public.  Yes indeed...... places as diverse as South Africa , Japan , Germany....etc.   They can reach ANYBODY !   Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: