Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The first one to capture your attention?  (Read 66155 times)
Ncoua
Total Fanatic

Sup!

« Reply #195 on: September 08, 2010, 10:38PM »

You know...i cant really remember...been so long Cheesy...but i have a hunch that it was Hayley Cheesy Pretty sure  Grin
Lisaholic

LOVE-LOVE-LOVE My Lisa-Girl!!

« Reply #196 on: September 08, 2010, 11:38PM »

HAHAHA!!!! I LOVE when I'm asked this question~hehe!!!

Of course...MY answer is LISA...

I was at my friend's house...2005...and I was flipping the channels and ran across PBS...and I heard a familiar song being sung...May It Be...which caught my attention...

It was the most beautiful voice...with the sweetest face I'd ever seen, singing...

There was just "something" about her that made me wish I could reach through the tv screen & touch her on the arm...as though I'd be "blessed" or something~LOL!

(OMG~Little did I know that it would actually happen one day!!)

So, YEP~LISA!  & my life has never been the same!

LOVE YOU, LISA!!  **hugs!** 

Thanks, EVI~My "Lisaholic TWIN"~for the beautiful banner!  *squeeeee!!!* Grin

"Hello...My name is...Cindy...and I'm...a LISAHOLIC!"
cartmanDD

« Reply #197 on: September 19, 2010, 07:50PM »

Chloe was the first one I saw on their first DVD and Mairead caught my attention because I had never seen a violinist move around and play at the same time like she does and I am still amazed by her even after all this time.
DirtyDiamond
Bodhrán Player

Let me tell you that I love you...

« Reply #198 on: September 20, 2010, 06:24AM »

LISA! Most definitely!!! I first saw them on Youtube... and somehow I ended up listening to Lisa's solo songs more frequently. Lisa rules!!!

Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #199 on: September 20, 2010, 12:03PM »

The first one it was when I watched my first video of Celtic Woman (You Raise Me Up - ANJ) and when Lisa sings the chorus... I just say : WAW Shocked Shocked

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #200 on: October 01, 2010, 05:10PM »

LISA!

NicholeLovesCW
Honorary Roadie

Love to you always Chloë :) Xxx *4/9/2011*

« Reply #201 on: November 18, 2010, 03:34PM »

Chloë Smiley I heard her sing Someday, I had NO idea who was singing it, nor the group that she was in. From there it just took off. I had such a desire to find out who sang it, so I got on my computer, and BOOM. Now I'm obsessed Smiley

Thanks Michelle!
April 9th was the best night EVER! Thankful for all of my forum friends! Smiley Thanks for all the love <3
Hayley&LisaKFanatic
Bodhrán Player

I'm Lisa K and Hayley's #1 fan!!

« Reply #202 on: November 18, 2010, 05:49PM »

It was definitley Lisa! When I looked online at celticwoman.com I say that Hayley was a former Celtic Woman and right then I knew I loved her! Lisa and Hayley are my favorite!!!

Thanks Michaela  ^^
“If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you"- Whinney The Poo
I have OCCWD and OCLK&HWD
April 5th 2011 Cheesy Cheesy
Una Pedrischi is the best choir member!!
Music Girl
Honorary Roadie

Do The Things You Love And You Will Live A Dream

« Reply #203 on: November 19, 2010, 12:58AM »

Chloë was the first one to catch my eye. When I watched my first DVD A New Journey and I saw her I was like WOW!
That's when my Chloë obsession started and became what it is now.

Lugiahua

"Goodnight and joy be to you all" - Parting Glass

« Reply #204 on: November 19, 2010, 01:33AM »

It was You Raise Me Up from A New Journey on Youtube
Then I watched Mo Ghile Mear...was so impressed by both the group and Gaelic...

I hope I could speak Gaelic too..such a cool language
wrea398
« Reply #205 on: December 01, 2010, 03:30PM »

As a relative CW newcomer (2009 PBS special) I was at my computer one night and heard PBS on the TV in another room. About an hour went by as I was listening to the host during a CW special. I heard him say how perfect thier voices are and many other small things but still stayed at the computer.  I heard most of the women sing there solos but wasn't really listening as I was working on the internet. Then I heard a voice singing so wonderfully, I left my chair, went into the other room to see Lynn singing My Lagan Love.  I immediatly taped the rest of the show while watching the last songs. After it was over I went back to the computer and Googled and Youtub'd CW until I found what her name was.  As I discovered who she was, I stared Youtubing all of the past CW performances and fell in love with all of them. I think I watched Lynn sing that song 12 times in a row once I found it on Youtube.  Orla and Meav were gone from CW before I learned of the group but now I have grown a great appreciation for them.    LONG story but Lynn was the first one I saw. I was hooked.
IluvMeav25

They're beautiful!

« Reply #206 on: December 12, 2010, 07:17PM »

The first one I really remember is Meav. I was watching TV when I was either 6 or 7 and I was surfing through my TV
 channels and saw Meav preforming Danny Boy and from then on I was hooked! But now that Meav left
 Lisa is the one to get my attention.

I Love Celtic Woman from Past to Present
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #207 on: December 12, 2010, 07:31PM »

The first one I really remember is Meav. I was watching TV when I was either 6 or 7 and I was surfing through my TV
 channels and saw Meav preforming Danny Boy and from then on I was hooked! But now that Meav left
 Lisa is the one to get my attention.

6 or 7?!! Am I the only one suddenly feeling old? LOL

As I have said before, it was Orlagh that had me hooked from the start. But, Lisa singing "The Voice" and Meav performing "Dulaman" were right up there!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
lisaKfanatic

« Reply #208 on: December 12, 2010, 07:45PM »

I was 13-14 when my choir teacher told us we were going to sing The Voice for our concert.....I guess we didnt have enough smiles when we were singing it and she showed us Lisa singing it and I was stunned! Haha I have been hooked ever since! Smiley

Hayley&LisaKFanatic
Bodhrán Player

I'm Lisa K and Hayley's #1 fan!!

« Reply #209 on: January 02, 2011, 02:37PM »

When I first got into them Hayley was gone so when I first saw them it was Lisa K.!!! Love her! But then I saw Hayley and now I'm in love with both of them Cheesy Cheesy

Thanks Michaela  ^^
“If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you"- Whinney The Poo
I have OCCWD and OCLK&HWD
April 5th 2011 Cheesy Cheesy
Una Pedrischi is the best choir member!!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: