Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The first one to capture your attention?  (Read 66149 times)
dutchfan

« Reply #210 on: January 07, 2011, 08:39PM »

It was lisa who i first heard with May it Be...but ir was Alex that caught my eye and love ,here dynamics and expression and voice just brought me into silence.
And it seems that in this treath i am the first one till now Cheesy Cheesy
finally she participates Wink

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #211 on: August 07, 2012, 06:18PM »

For me it was Meav. :-*of course but closely followed by sweet Lisa K.   Kiss 

oregongirl29
« Reply #212 on: August 07, 2012, 07:00PM »

It was Lisa K and Alex. For some reason those two just jumped out at me.
Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #213 on: August 07, 2012, 09:13PM »

Well, the first thing that had me notice Celtic Woman was Mairead. I saw her on PBS one time randomly and I was like "HOLY crud!!! SHE IS PLAYING THE FIDDLE AND RUNNING AROUND!!" So then I started getting into CW...then I found Meav. Wink

AKA CelticWomanFreak (CWF)

Proud member of the Gosh Dang Potato Gang (Idaho)
6/6/13: Best night of my life. Dreams really do come true.
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #214 on: August 08, 2012, 08:35AM »

Well, the first thing that had me notice Celtic Woman was Mairead. I saw her on PBS one time randomly and I was like "HOLY crud!!! SHE IS PLAYING THE FIDDLE AND RUNNING AROUND!!" So then I started getting into CW...then I found Meav. Wink

me too! with BOTH! Mairead immediately caught my attention because i too, play violin, and when i heard Meav sing...my mouth dropped to the floor! None of the other singers in the original lineup caught my attention except for Meav

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #215 on: August 08, 2012, 12:35PM »

me too! with BOTH! Mairead immediately caught my attention because i too, play violin, and when i heard Meav sing...my mouth dropped to the floor! None of the other singers in the original lineup caught my attention except for Meav

Seriously!!! Meav was my favorite right from the beginning. Right from when she first opened her mouth to sing during "The Sky, the Dawn and the Sun" of ANJ.

AKA CelticWomanFreak (CWF)

Proud member of the Gosh Dang Potato Gang (Idaho)
6/6/13: Best night of my life. Dreams really do come true.
sammiesoprano22

« Reply #216 on: August 08, 2012, 08:48PM »

I remember being in my college dorm room & coming across the ANJ show. I have mesmorized ever since <3 I remember seeing Mairead flying all overbthe stage & thinking "How is it possible to be playing like that?" Then there was Orla with her smile & red hair & Lisa with the Voice & it was all "downhill" from there Smiley Proud to be a CWazy & lovin' every minute ofit!

<3 Celtic Woman CWazy fan forever <3
lynnhillaryfan
Total Fanatic

« Reply #217 on: August 08, 2012, 09:03PM »

The first song I saw CW do was Orinoco Flow. Lisa, Meav, and Mairead
were the first ones that captivated me. I immediately fell in love with the show and there
dresses. I think Lisa Kelly has kind of been the center of the show from the very
beginning(my opinion of course).

Ron

« Reply #218 on: August 09, 2012, 08:12PM »

They are all outstanding....but for me it was definitely Lisa and as time went on It was Chloe that started to stand out more.
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #219 on: August 11, 2012, 07:17PM »

Méav!
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #220 on: August 13, 2012, 10:16AM »

The first time I saw Celtic Woman was on PBS in 2006.  I saw A New Journey from the beginning and of course Mairead was the first one to appear on stage.  It was the first time I had ever seen a woman play the violin with such ferocity.  That plus the way she moved around on stage definitely caught my attention.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: