Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Taking pics at CW concert's,  (Read 3784 times)
oregongirl29
« on: May 21, 2012, 04:59PM »

How come we can't take pics of CW at there concerts, But we can at M& G's?  Just Wondering,
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 06:28PM »

The performer's safety is one thing.  Camera flashes can be very distracting during a performance and can even be dangerous sometimes--imagine Mairead doing one of her leaps and not being able to see due to a flash for an example.  

My boyfriend's sister is a professional dancer and her company also has a strict no camera policy.
oregongirl29
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 06:37PM »

Thanks for responding, I was just wondering because I've seen pics and video's of concert's all over you tube and the internet, But I can see how that would be a problem for CW and the audience.
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 10:47AM »

I'm guessing the press pictures you see in articles were taken without the flash.

oregongirl29
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 11:48AM »

No these were regular pics that was taken from people in the audience, I guess they was taken Illegally.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 04:18PM by Irishgirl29 » Logged
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 07:31PM »

Once upon a time LONG LONG ago we did have a breif discussion of this on the forum. I argued in favor of allowing pics. A few argued against. I have since changed my stance and agree they shouldnt be allowed MOST of the time. Heres why...

1. as stated there is a safety concern. its dark and the performers eyes suddenly see a flash and their eyes may need to adjust. But somehow many performers deal with that though. but there are other reasons.
2. modern cameras can often record movies as well as sound now. its not like the old days where a camera produced just a still photo. audio and movies have ALWAYS been banned.
3. even if they would allow movies and audio recordings, theres another problem. A few years ago I went to see a Mediaeval Baebes concert. I looked up some of their stuff on YouTube and a number of people had recorded performences and posted. The BIG problem was you had ametures using cheap equipment and recording from bad angles, saometimes in bad light. The sound sounded very bad, and the images weren't good either. They didnt look good at all. That counters an argument that one can use, that such things 'advertise' performers and encourage others to buy tickets or buy products. That only works if the recordings are impressive.
4. another thing about that Mediaeval Baebes concert I went to. I e-mailed the venue asking a bunch of questions, I had never been there before. They were nice and answered all of them except one ... are cameras allowed? To me it seems many venues don't want to tell people its ok, as some performers DONT want it, yet they dont want to tell people NO if performers do allow it. So they either dont answer or just give a default NO to avoid any problem.

now as far as meet & greets I argued pics should be allowed. we pay a bit of money to attend those things. the performers are after all in show business and mixing with fans doing a PR thing is part of the job. Plus the ladies of CW always look good. Isnt it sort of a waste if you don't capitalize on that? If you looked like me, and you were a performer, then YES, BAN photos. But when you look great and it is, in a sense, a way to promote the group, then do it!

but lets go back to taking pics at the actual concerts. what if they scheduled a few shows a year as "PIC" days, where, during certain songs, fans would be allowed to take pics. It would be very limited. You wouldnt want Mairead blinded by a flash as she spinned. But some songs arent very , how to say, active? They just stand, or wiggle their armns, etc. And they would know in advance what songs to expect the flash and be prepared. They could even sell 'passes' for it, like paying extra for a m&g only you pay extra to take photos. I KNOW some people who would do it. plus in some cities they dont draw as many people. If they were to advertise a show as a "pic" show that might boost ticket sales. Just an idea here!  Shocked

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
oregongirl29
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 11:00PM »

I agree with you on everything, I think it should be fine at meet and greets to have at least one pic with the ladies, Especially since you pay a lot of money to see them and then pay extra for meet and greets. But I can understand why they don't want pics taken of them while there performing, The constant flash would get annoying and can be dangerous, Thanks for responding.

Just so everybody knows I'm not trying to start anything I was just curious.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 01:24AM by Irishgirl29 » Logged
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 10:16AM »

I took lots of pictures at this year's Meet & Greet.  I am so grateful that they allow it.  My friend even took a video of me meeting Mairead and Lisa.  These are memories that will last a lifetime.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 01:06PM »

Aww I am glad they allow that!  I hope I get to experience that in 2013 at least! I think its womnderul and def. memories for a life time! I already have everything ready for when the day happens!! And believe me I have other stage door pictures from other shows and I def. will have thhose memories for the rest of my life!  And I can't wait to add meeing the girls to that!!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 02:39PM »

Yes, meeting the girls is definitely a highlight.  I have been to eight CW concerts and four Meet & Greets.  It just gets better every time.  You have something good to look forward too.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 10:26AM »

I agree about taking illegal pictures during the concerts.  If I were performing, the flash would probably throw me off, or mess me up.

No these were regular pics that was taken from people in the audience, I guess they was taken Illegally.

That's not what I said.  I mean the PRESS pictures you see in articles and reviews online.  They're probably taken WITHOUT the flash, so not to cause any harm to the performers.

Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 04:21AM »

Yes, meeting the girls is definitely a highlight.  I have been to eight CW concerts and four Meet & Greets.  It just gets better every time.  You have something good to look forward too.
Ya lucky barstid! I'm still trying to scrape up the funds for my first one. Maybe 2014.

On May 8, I'M GONNA MEET MAIREAD and Lisa, and Susan, and Mairead C.!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: