Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Movies You Guys Want to See?  (Read 135385 times)
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2013, 09:38PM »

I was really looking forward to the Hobbit, Skyfall, and Les Misérables.
I saw the Hobbit a couple weeks ago and loved it! I was a little disapointed that the dwarves didn't look like typical dwarves. They looked like short humans! I will admit that some of them were pretty good looking, but not dwarf looking! The music, however, is FANTASTIC!!!!!!
I just got back from seeing Les Misérables. If you go see nothing else, you must see Les Miserables! I loved the vast majority of it (which is high praise coming from someone who is usually critical to the extreme of new productions of this, my favorite musical!)

Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2013, 09:51PM »

Does anyone know when the next Hunger Games movie will come out?

Oh and the new Star Trek movie is coming out in May I think...as you could imagine I'm pretty excited for that as well Grin

AKA CelticWomanFreak (CWF)

Proud member of the Gosh Dang Potato Gang (Idaho)
6/6/13: Best night of my life. Dreams really do come true.
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2013, 10:05PM »

November 22 is Catching Fire.  Shocked  Grin Yes, I did have to say that! Cheesy I'm looking forward to it. I hated everything about the whole story, but I had to read them and I have to see the movies......hate it.

I'm soooooo excited for the new Star Trek movie. Benedict Cumberpatch seems like he could play an awesome villain!

Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2013, 10:45PM »

Oh. My. Gosh. I absolutely freaked out when I heard Benedict Cumberbatch would be playing the victim...how much more epic can you get?!?! I am so obsessed with that BBC show Sherlock it's not even funny. So excited!!! Grin Grin Grin

RoAR
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2013, 10:39AM »

I love Sherlock, too!!!!! He makes such a great Sherlock! Martin Freeman is great as Watson, too!

Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2013, 02:12PM »

I love Sherlock, too!!!!! He makes such a great Sherlock! Martin Freeman is great as Watson, too!

I KNOWWWW!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

RoAR
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2013, 01:08AM »

Have you seen the Hobbit yet? There were a couple of times when I thought " Why is Watson in Middle Earth?" I got over it pretty quickly, but still...

Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2013, 12:12PM »

Have you seen the Hobbit yet? There were a couple of times when I thought " Why is Watson in Middle Earth?" I got over it pretty quickly, but still...

Haha!! I have not seen The Hobbit, unfortunately. I am planning to see it this weekend though!! Smiley

IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2013, 03:58PM »

Les Miserables!!!!!!!

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2013, 10:35AM »

Les Miserables!!!!!!!

'Tis fantastic! Smiley

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2013, 01:06PM »

Still want to see Lincoln. It's coming to my theater in a week or 2.

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2013, 01:18PM »

Les Miz! I think it looks like it'd be fantastic! And I'm a guy who never really watches new versions of musicals. But it looks epic on a scale akin to the old musicals that everyone loves. Such as My Fair Lady or The Sound of Music or The King And I. The classical musicals are what I prefer. They're so grand and so powerful!

Also can't wait for Catching Fire. Loved the books so much. I was a bit disappointed with parts of the first movie. Hopefully they'll make this one better! Also kinda wanna see Silver Linings Playbook. Mostly for Jennifer Lawrence. She blew me away as Katniss in The Hunger Games! Fantastic actress. And very funny too!

And I'll give the next new Star Trek a try too! Mostly for Benedict. Cuz he's just incredible. But I didn't much care for the first one. It was okay. The action sequences were amazing. And I thought the cast was great. But the story just didn't grip me.

Not seeing any good action movies out right now! Kinda sad! Any suggestions?
Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2013, 03:40PM »

I saw it!! It's excellent. I think it might be one of those movies where you have to watch it multiple times to fully appreciate it. But I thought it was one of the best movies of 2012.

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2013, 03:45PM »

I saw it!! It's excellent. I think it might be one of those movies where you have to watch it multiple times to fully appreciate it. But I thought it was one of the best movies of 2012.

Agreed.  It is very well done, and I appreciate their attention to historical detail.  I was fully expecting a hatch job given how Hollywood often does stuff like that.  As someone who spend 8 years in college and grad school studying history, it was refreshing to watch a movie which didn't insult my intelligence.

Daniel Day-Lewis better get the Oscar for his performance.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2013, 07:42PM »

I was really looking forward to the Hobbit, Skyfall, and Les Misérables.
I saw the Hobbit a couple weeks ago and loved it! I was a little disapointed that the dwarves didn't look like typical dwarves. They looked like short humans! I will admit that some of them were pretty good looking, but not dwarf looking! The music, however, is FANTASTIC!!!!!!
I just got back from seeing Les Misérables. If you go see nothing else, you must see Les Miserables! I loved the vast majority of it (which is high praise coming from someone who is usually critical to the extreme of new productions of this, my favorite musical!)
For the most part I agree,,, but  a  2 or 3 of the dwarfs  were  "dwarfy" 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: