Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: different songs on tour?  (Read 3275 times)
turbodaxter1980

« on: November 09, 2012, 06:32AM »

hi,

i saw my first celtic woman show ever this year, and i noticed that they'll be back next year

i'm not a person who goes to every show because i believe they do the same songs every show they do (i'll talking about the believe tour of course)

my question is for the hardcore fans who visit almost every show:

will they do different songs on the second leg of the tour or will it be exactly the same as the first tour of believe
Dan

Éireannach

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 08:30AM »

They'll most likely do the same set list that they did on the 2012 tour during the 2013 tour. 99.9% sure of that.

20 June 2007-Portland, ME
22 March 2012-Manchester, NH
2 March 2013-Portland, ME
30 May 2014-Bangor, ME
28 March 2015-Portland, ME
28 June 2016-Lowell, MA
9 April 2017-Portland, ME
4 April 2018-Portland, ME
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 09:44AM »

I have attended eight shows since 2008.  Their normal procedure is to run a show for two years.  Then they film a new PBS special and the new show runs for two years following that.  The new show adds some new songs but also retains some songs from past shows.  Songs like Danny Boy, Dulaman and Granuaile's Dance have run for several years.  There are also some exceptions to the two year rule.  The Isle of Hope tour only ran one year.  I call your attention to the home page on this forum.  You can see the different shows listed and the years that they ran.  I hope that this is helpful.  Yes, the Believe concert will be the same in 2013 but there is always the possibility that there will be a few tweaks.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 09:55AM by Hubert » Logged

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
turbodaxter1980

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 11:49AM »

thanks for the info

i just hoped they change the setlist a little with some other songs in it

then the only thing that can make me go again is that lisa kelly returns Sad

or maybe next year or so when there will be a complete new show
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 07:26PM »

They altered it a little bit from the DVD  presentation.  They left out    "Bridge Over Troubled   Water"  and  "Black Is The Color". And they added a couple of good old standbys to fill it in. But other than that... it was the same.   Undecided

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 09:11PM »

I have attended eight shows since 2008.  Their normal procedure is to run a show for two years.  Then they film a new PBS special and the new show runs for two years following that.  The new show adds some new songs but also retains some songs from past shows.  Songs like Danny Boy, Dulaman and Granuaile's Dance have run for several years.  There are also some exceptions to the two year rule.  The Isle of Hope tour only ran one year.  I call your attention to the home page on this forum.  You can see the different shows listed and the years that they ran.  I hope that this is helpful.  Yes, the Believe concert will be the same in 2013 but there is always the possibility that there will be a few tweaks.
I know its still the same show, but its always fun to attend the live performance! Plus it'll be a little bit different every time. At least a different experience. But the show remains virtually unchanged. The performers may change the way they perform a song a little bit, but that's about it.

My hope is that Lisa returns whenever the girls film a new special and that Susan remains so that we can go back to 5 girls!
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 09:42AM »

I totally agree, mattycakes.  I was very disappointed when they reduced the vocalists from four to three.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 02:27PM »

For me, even if they don't tweak it a bit, it's still so worth seeing it all over again.  I'd go to every CW concert if I could.  Smiley

Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 12:46PM »

For me, even if they don't tweak it a bit, it's still so worth seeing it all over again.  I'd go to every CW concert if I could.  Smiley
Heck, yes! If I won the Hundred Megabucks Lottery, I'd not only follow the next tour, I'd produce the next tour (with a little help from Scott Porter & company, of course).

With that much money in one spot, it might even be possible to assemble the Celtic Woman Grand Reunion that's been mentioned in another thread, at least for one night. Orla and Hayley and Meave and Alex and Lynn and Dierdre, oh my! What we'd lose from not being able to take such an unwieldy production on tour would likely be made up from DVD preorders, probably before the start of rehearsals.

That's assuming, of course, that David didn't threaten to strangle me for suggesting such a thing. Directing a group that's all divas must be like herding cats, and I suspect that the difficulty increases exponentially with the size of the group.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 01:47PM by Wyle_E » Logged

On May 8, I'M GONNA MEET MAIREAD and Lisa, and Susan, and Mairead C.!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: