Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ann Myler-Dunphy  (Read 18058 times)
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« on: November 19, 2007, 05:58PM »

Ann Myler-Dunphy ... Does anyone happen to know anything (much) about her? Ever since Slane Castle she has been one of my favorite Choir members (I was thrilled to see her back in the line-up for the "A Christmas Celebration" DVD). If you watch her, she is always so happy and smiling and bubbly and has that 'bounce' in her step and she always looks like she is having the time of her life up there. Like she really, truly enjoys performing and, I enjoy watching her perform but wish I knew more about her.

Many thanks ...

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 03:39PM »

Is she Irish as I've seen her?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 12:04AM »

Is she Irish as I've seen her?

Yes Kim ... Ann is the the Choir member with the blond hair in the "A Christmas Celebration" DVD and also in the "ANJ Live At Slane Castle" DVD as well. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. I was just looking for a little more info on/about her as I find her quite fascinating to watch during the concerts/DVDs/performances. But ...

... Bill

CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 12:06AM »

... But ... apparently there is no available info on Ann or ... no one else seems to care whether there is or there isn't. I'm afraid I don't know which.

... Bill

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 05:48AM »

I know. I have to see her again in another video or in another real-life concert.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 06:16PM »

I don't think it's a matter of not caring, Bill.  I tried to look up information on all of the choir members back when we were still trying to figure out what each of their names were.  I wasn't able to find much on Ann...and I actually only got her name from a post from Dani on Lisa's forum.  I would love to see her tour with Celtic Woman sometime, I just love her facial expressions!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 04:16PM »

She's very good, you know. I need to read her descriptions.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Jack

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 07:10PM »

Bill, everyone.

I did a Google search awhile back and could find nothing on Ann.  A couple of minutes ago I tried again found this:

"Girl-Talk is the highly talented trio of Fidelma Kelly, Clare Peelo and Ann Myler, all experienced performers and renowned among the music fraternity for their musical and singing skills.  They are backed by two of the best musicians in Ireland, Kiev Connolly, (who represented Ireland in the 1989 Eurovision Song Contest) on vocals and keyboards and Pat Gantly, a multi talented musician, on lead guitar.

Ann, is the newest member of Girl-Talk but is by no means new to entertainment!  A former Billie Barry dancer, like her colleague Clare, Ann has been entertaining since she was a child.  As a member of Anuna, she travelled all around the world as part of the Riverdance  Chorus.  More recently she has recorded and performed live with the Celtic Woman show, featuring in their recent Slane Castle DVD and soon to be released Christmas DVD from the Helix, Dublin.  Married to Sean Dunphy’s  son, Brian, Ann has also featured in the popularly acclaimed Dancehall Queues and Hucklebuck Shoes."

http://www.weddingsonline.ie/supplier-directory/item/7460/girl-talk/

There's a nice photo of her there also.  Scroll all the way to the bottom.

Jack
CelticOrigins

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 04:09PM »

...has never been in Anuna. I can assure you of that. We have no record of her. It isn't uncommon for people that "sang" in the Riverdance Singers to say they were in Anuna.

The Anuna Office
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 09:01PM »

Well ... thanks to all in this "Ann Myler-Dunphy" topic for your help. Perhaps there isn't much available on her but at least you gave me something. I do appreciate that.

(Kelli, yes I agree with you. That's why I find her to actually be a joy to watch. Her expressions, her smiles, she always seem so happy and upbeat and fun. It really is too bad she hasn't been here with CW. Every time I'm going to see them in concert, I'm hoping she was able to make the trip. But, not so far. Hopefully one day she will).

Thanks again ... Bill

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 05:36PM »

I was fortunate to meet Ann at the Atlanta filming of Believe last year. She was with David Downes at the Publick after the first night of filming.  We saw her on the street the next morning, enroute no doubt to the Fox and she spoke to us.  She had never toured with CW, so I was very glad she had this experience with us.   Cool

Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 12:16AM »

She toured one time ! Last year in Japan I think Cheesy

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2012, 06:17PM »

I had the honor of talking briefly with Anne both nights in Atlanta after the Believe recording shows.  She was very nice and was clearly having a good time.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 04:05PM »

After Orla Fallon's Dayton, OH show last year she knew I had been to the Atlanta filming and asked me about it. Among other things, I told her I had met Ann, whom she knows well of course.  Orla obviously thinks highly of her.  Cool

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2012, 03:28PM »

Orla obviously thinks highly of her.  Cool
Me too. Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: