Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody else suspect that CW peaked with ANJ?  (Read 30676 times)
Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« on: November 14, 2012, 06:13AM »

OK, "Songs from the Heart" was really close (and we aren't likely to ever see those pyrotechnics again), and Lisa Lambe is hot, but ANJ still stands out. Orla and Hayley and Meav, oh my!
I really hope that the successor to "Believe" will prove me wrong.

On May 8, I'M GONNA MEET MAIREAD and Lisa, and Susan, and Mairead C.!
Breno

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 09:30AM »

I agree with you. ANJ is their best album. I do not think it's possible that they do a better job.
edtom

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 03:50PM »

Choosing which Celtic Woman concert is the best is like choosing which rose in the garden is the most beautiful.
While I would possibly agree that ANJ is my favorite, in some respects Celtic Woman keeps getting better and better. Interaction with the audience, choreography for songs like Teir Abhaile Riu. Fantastic. And each new girl adds her own special, unique touch.

I love Celtic Woman
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 06:24PM »

ANJ  is  certainly what put our gals  over the brink  into greater public awareness.  Of all  the CW   DVDs ( I own all the concert DVDs )   ANJ seems to be the one I listen to the most.   ( can't get enough of Meav's Dulaman or Lisa K.'s solos- and Hayley, of course ) I do rotate  what  CW  material I listen to, however.   There have been moments from the other concerts that are irreplaceable.   ANJ is my favorite  CW  offering, but I am not quite  prepared to say that they have peeked yet. 

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 11:40AM »

I agree with James.  But I have certainly enjoyed all their concerts.  My eagerness to see and hear them has not diminished.  Think of it this way.  Their fourth best concert is better than anyone else's best one.  And as long as David Downes is around you never know when another blockbuster will hit.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 09:38PM »

I agree with James.  But I have certainly enjoyed all their concerts.  My eagerness to see and hear them has not diminished.  Think of it this way.  Their fourth best concert is better than anyone else's best one.  And as long as David Downes is around you never know when another blockbuster will hit.
Good point Hubert... David  is a creative genius who always knows how to adapt. 

bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 10:08AM »

definately best show..... every song was incredible
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 01:05PM »

If I were trapped on an island and could only have one DVD with me, it would indeed be ANJ. But I'm wondering if the only reason it was one-of-a-kind is because it had more of a good thing - in other words, more Celtic Women. It was the only one that had five vocal soloists: Lisa-Chloe-Hayley-Meav-Orla plus Mairead. Helix, SFTH, and ACC had four. And the latest DVD, Believe, only had three. And look at how amazing that show was.

Who knows? If there is some sort of "The Greatest Reunion" show for the 10th anniversary, and we get a larger all-star lineup, it could be even better.  Smiley

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 05:45PM »

If I were trapped on an island and could only have one DVD with me, it would indeed be ANJ.

I'm guessing that there is electricity on the island so that you don't just have a DVD with no way of watching it.

The way I thought about it when there were just two DVDs was that the first one was so great, that they could never do better and the second one proved my theory horribly wrong. How can the second one be so good? I don't know. But I watched it again recently and had a wonderful time. I always do.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
Parker Gabriel

The British Isles may become all I have left.

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 07:50PM »

I am not touching that question with a ten-meter pole.

The British Isles may become all I have left.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 06:00AM »

Ever CW tour/show/DVD is wonderful and unique, and I'd say ANJ was the best so far, while Believe 2 (not the first Believe) was the weakest. Anyways, EVERY show is unique and beautiful. I think it IS possible for CW to make a better show than ANJ. A completely new one.  Emerald seems to be lovely, I have great expectations for CW's future, after they had a small down-phase (a very lovely down phase).

celtic.cutie

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 02:52PM »

As much as I don't want to say it, I do agree with you. Well, for me, it was between ANJ and SFTH. I really hope they can get back up there with their next special.

Hey, I'm Anne! Shocked)
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2015, 09:35AM »

What do you mean by "Believe 2" may I frame to Ask?  Smiley

Ever CW tour/show/DVD is wonderful and unique, and I'd say ANJ was the best so far, while Believe 2 (not the first Believe) was the weakest. Anyways, EVERY show is unique and beautiful. I think it IS possible for CW to make a better show than ANJ. A completely new one.  Emerald seems to be lovely, I have great expectations for CW's future, after they had a small down-phase (a very lovely down phase).

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2015, 09:46AM »

I find ANJ tour with the Lynn & Alex the peek of CW growth since it shows after Hayley & Deirdre
it still works even better and better finding Lynn and the 2 adding in a total new twist & range with
Remarkable success Yet!.

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2015, 10:04AM »

By "Believe 2" I mean the tour of 2013, which was also called Believe, but more of a best of show.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: