Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grand Prairie, TX, May 18, 2013  (Read 10460 times)
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« on: January 03, 2013, 09:06PM »

Got my tickets.

Section 104, Row C, seats 1 and 2.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 09:16PM »

Got my tickets.

Sounds like pretty  good seats.  Is this your first show?   

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 10:26PM »

Got my tickets.

Sounds like pretty  good seats.  Is this your first show?    

From the seating map, I'd say they're very good.  I think everything better got snatched up the instant they went on sale.

It will be my second.  I saw them here in College Station on Dec. 18th for the Christmas show.  Had pretty good seats there too; the best I could get without being an MSC OPAS (the Texas A&M organization which brings these kinds of events to town) season ticket holder.  All of the front 6 or 8 rows (I forget exactly how many) were reserved for them only.  Only the day of the show did they release the last few for general sale, and I just couldn't spend $280 on more tickets and then just eat the ones I already had.  It was a sell out; I only noticed 1 empty seat and I assume that person just couldn't make it.  I have a friend who works with OPAS (she coordinates the use of the university's facilities for OPAS events, but works for the university itself while OPAS is technically independent) and she said they've received so much positive feedback from their sponsors, members, season ticket holders, and the public in general.  If CW does a Christmas show next year, OPAS will do everything it can to bring them back.  If possible, they might even try to move the show to a different venue in town which can hold about 10,000-12,000 while the location this past year only holds 2,500.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 07:11PM by AggieGuy » Logged
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 09:30AM »

I saw CW at Grand Prairie in 2009 and it is a nice venue.  The seats are wider than normal auditorium seats and there are cup holders hanging off the back of the seat in front of you.  Yes, you can carry drinks into the auditorium.  This year I will see them in Longview and then board Amtrak Saturday morning, ride the train all day and arrive in San Antonio Saturday night.  Hopefully, I will get a good night's sleep and meet fellow fans for lunch on the river walk and then attend an afternoon show on Sunday.  I am glad that you discovered Celtic Woman and now you are part of our fan family.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 07:03PM »

Exactly three months + a little less than an hour before I will be very happily sitting and watching the girls.  
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 10:28PM by AggieGuy » Logged
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 01:57PM »

Exactly three months + a little less than an hour before I will be very happily sitting and watching the girls.  
[/quote    For me........   it is exactly  44 days  and 4 hours.   Shocked   

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 11:36PM »

One month, one month, one month.  Grin

Edit: Fixed my bad typing I just noticed.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 12:45PM by AggieGuy » Logged
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 12:44PM »

One more week
edtom

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 01:20PM »

Sounds like you're waiting (im)patiently.

It will be well worth the wait.

I love Celtic Woman
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 01:57PM »

Sounds like you're waiting (im)patiently.

It will be well worth the wait.

I'm not a patient person when it's something I really want.  Grin
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 09:07AM »

Alright, I'm off to Dallas.  Might not post a report until I get home tomorrow.
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 11:27AM »

Alright, I'm off to Dallas.  Might not post a report until I get home tomorrow.

Enjoy every last second!

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 04:46PM »

Thanks Misha.

Heading to the theater in an hour.
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2013, 12:51PM »

Well, I'm back home.  The drive back sucked; had a 20-30mph cross wind trying to blow me off the road.

But enough about that.

I will do my best to write a review, but it’s been a long time since I had to write a review of anything and never of a live performance of any kind.  I will try not to make it sound like something a graduate student would write, although that’s where my serious writing training comes from.  But I'll give a few thoughts first and will post the rest after I write it up.

As noted before, the seats were the best I could get my hands on, Second 104, Row C, 1 & 2.  Basically this was the second row, there was no Row “A” in section 104, only in 101, 103, and 105.  The couple sitting in front of us was a real pleasure to talk to.  They’ve been CW fans since the beginning and have seen them 6 seasons in a row.  I had a great conversation with them before the show and during intermission about CW.  Like me, they really miss Lisa Kelly.

The Verizon Theatre’s stage is fairly small compared to others such as the Fox, so it did limit to some degree what Máiréad and the rest could do in terms of movements, but in no way did it make the show any less amazing.  The girls are great on DVD, but compared to in person, the DVDs aren’t even close.  Not one photo of the girls can ever do them justice; they are all so beautiful.

Sometime during the show, there was a shout of “Take that Charlie Daniels” from somehwere in the audience after Máiréad had finished one of her numbers.  She every tweeted about it later.  Being able to say something on Facebook and/or Twitter to the girls almost makes me want to join those sites, almost.

At the end, Chloe announced their return to Dallas on the 14th and 15th of December, although she messed up the dates and said 15th and 16th.  The tickets are now on sale on Ticketmaster.  Gotta figure out how to get up there again.

For those who haven't been to the Verizon Theatre, here is a picture of the seats, mine marked by the red dot.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 08:11PM by AggieGuy » Logged
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 01:55PM »

Being able to say something on Facebook and/or Twitter to the girls almost makes me want to join those sites, almost.

Twitter is the better bet if you want to interact with the girls. They love using it to respond to fans.

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: