Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Lisa Kelly Voice Academy  (Read 40851 times)
TheWhite~Rose
« on: January 15, 2013, 11:11AM »

Hey all!

Scott Porter tweeted some very interesting news.  I thought you'd be interested in hearing about his and Lisa's latest business venture: they're opening a voice academy!

From the homepage:

The Lisa Kelly Voice Academy is based on the concept that this unique voice can share her amazing experience of music & song, all in her own signature style. Lisa has developed new methods of teaching all aspects of voice training & performance arts.

Opening its doors in February 2013 @ the SPACE in Peachtree City, Georgia, USA.

Enrollment is available NOW. Spaces are extremely limited

Here's their website and here's their Facebook Page, so go 'like' them right now!  Congratulations Lisa, and I wish you the best of luck! Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 11:13AM by Tuatha Dé Danann » Logged
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 11:18AM »

Aww that is cool! I wish them the best of luck! One of my favorite actresses in the westend when she left she started her own theatre school for kids to and still slightly performs here and their!  So I think this will be a good thing for Lisa! I am happy for her and wish her the best of luck!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 11:36AM »

Thanks for posting this info!
I wish Lisa and Scott the best of luck. Smiley
Some people are speculating on their Facebook page that this is the end of Lisa being in Celtic Woman. I hope not. Cry
But if does end up being the end, I'm 100% positive it's for the best. Wink

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
RetPgmr
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 11:38AM »

Judging by the banner in the upper left-hand corner of the website that says "Formerly of Celtic Woman" I would say it is a pretty good bet that Lisa will not be returning to CW as we all had been hoping.

Best of luck to Lisa & Scott in their new venture.

urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 11:44AM »

And it looks like Scott just confirmed it.

https://twitter.com/porterscott/status/291237220407463937
https://twitter.com/porterscott/status/291237552130764801

I Reprinted the tweets below for those who workplaces block Twitter (in order of posting above):

"I will always cherish every moment with @Celtic_Woman & will always be their biggest fan! Excited about our new adventure @LKVoiceAcademy"
"No one knows what the future holds, so we may work with @Celtic_Woman again in the future, but for now its time to focus on new roads!" (Urban's note: I sure hope so!)

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!

TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 11:55AM »

And it looks like Scott just confirmed it.

https://twitter.com/porterscott/status/291237220407463937
https://twitter.com/porterscott/status/291237552130764801

I Reprinted the tweets below for those who workplaces block Twitter (in order of posting above):

"I will always cherish every moment with @Celtic_Woman & will always be their biggest fan! Excited about our new adventure @LKVoiceAcademy"
"No one knows what the future holds, so we may work with @Celtic_Woman again in the future, but for now its time to focus on new roads!" (Urban's note: I sure hope so!)
On top of that, it looks like Scott won't be managing Celtic Woman anymore:
"So to answer your questions, I am moving on from @Celtic_Woman after nearly 7 years. "

The Quiet Man

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 11:56AM »

Never mind that, he tweeted point blank that he was "moving on from CW Ltd after almost 7 years."  It is a pity to see Lisa go, but of course I wish them both all the best.  An era ends and a new one begins...
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 12:22PM »

Kind of figured she wasn't coming back, not with 4 kids and all of the responsibilities that go with them.  Also doesn't surprise me that she's doing something that will mostly involve working with children.

Sadly, I never got the chance to see her perform live, and guess I never will.
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 12:35PM »

Sadly, I never got the chance to see her perform live, and guess I never will.

Agreed. Sad

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!

MaryNorth93
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 12:39PM »

A great opportunity to be with her family and keep doing what she loves. What better than getting lessons from such a experienced and caring performer? They probably won't have trouble getting full classes  Grin

Of course I was hoping for Lisa's return, but it's admirable that she is not afraid to try new things. Much luck to Lisa and Scott.
JohnLaing_ChloeFan

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 02:48PM »

I just discovered via Twitter that Lisa and Scott are moving on from Celtic Woman. I support them 100%!!!!! but will miss them so much  Embarrassed I'm like crying right now because of the emotions  Cry
Source: Scott's Twitter
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 04:37PM »

As many of us have stated, it is very sad to see Lisa Kelly and Scott leave what obviously was so much of their lives for the last seven years. I'm sad too. But I would be very surprised if Lisa didn't find some way to cross paths with Celtic Woman again in the future, as the girls will be wonderful role models for her students. And even if that doesn't happen, it is important that we support her and Scott and their family in every way we can, even if its from a distance.

I am also interested to see what kind of changes this brings to Celtic Woman which will obviously be coming under new management. Will they add to the lineup? Will their interaction with the public be as frequent and as well supported by CW Ltd as it has been? Who knows, only time will tell

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 05:18PM »

It hurts my heart that she won't be returning to Celtic Woman, but I'm super happy and optomistic for her new adventure!!
I wish her the best of luck!  She is going to be very successful... and of course, she'll hopefully still connect with her fans <3

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Irish CW Fan
Total Fanatic

Paint With All the Colors of the Wind...

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 05:23PM »

This might be a rather dumb question, but if Lisa is teaching at the Academy, and correct me if i'm wrong on that, does that mean that the Porter's live in GA now?

And this is defintely bittersweet. I am so happy for Lisa and her fam, nonetheless.

Louis97

For the fire is flaming gold....

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 05:47PM »

This is truly bittersweet news. I am extremely happy for Lisa and Scott and wish them the best luck at their new venture. At the same time, my heart cries for Celtic Woman, who (by no fault of their own) will suffer a bit without Lisa. But, maybe this will open the opportunity to allow new members. As much as I like Susan, I don't really think she fits the group as well as previous members. Maybe she just hadn't had a chance to shine, like the other members. I would love to see her perform a song that complimented her vocal talent. She just doesn't seem to have the angelic touch that Lisa Kelly, Orla, Meav, Lynn, and Alex all had, but I would love to be proved wrong. The lineup will no doubt change and shift again by the time their next DVD/CD is released. I would be perfectly fine if Susan stayed on, but only with the addition of another singer. The group thrives best when four singers are present. For some reason (unbeknownst to me), five singers was too much for the group, but "A New Journey" was a really special DVD/CD. My own wish for the next DVD/CD lineup is Mairead, Chloe, Lisa Lambe, Lynn Hilary (a wish, I know), and (and while I'm dreaming) Meav. Meav's Christmas CD return made me long for the times of old. And I would love for the next DVD to be shot outside at another Irish castle. The concerts seem so special and Irish there.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: