Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Goodbye to Lisa and Why It Was Special  (Read 3242 times)
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« on: January 17, 2013, 01:39PM »

As many other fans have done already, I posted a message of support for Lisa Kelly on her Facebook page.

"Lisa- Unfortunately I have not had the chance yet to see you perform live. And though for now, you pursue other paths, perhaps one day I will get that dream. I wanted to write to wish you best of luck in your new adventure. It's sure to be incredibly rewarding, especially with Scott and your children by your side.

Though you will be missed in Celtic Woman, I am so excited for you. Thank you for your incredible loyalty to your fans, your openness and honesty, and your unbelievable talent. Thank you for singing music that gave me hope when I had none, that put things into perspective and ultimately probably saved my life. Thank you for inspiring me to work through my struggles with cerebral palsy, anxiety and depression. Thank you for inspiring me to find a way to let my music flow again.

Thank you for the brief interaction we had via twitter, and for being an amazing person overall. I am behind you, as are all your fans, 100 percent.

Love and luck,

Misha"

I woke up this morning to find that several fans, and Lisa herself had liked the post. There were no comments, as Lisa had left on a few of them, nothing to make my post more special or important than anyone else's, at least outwardly. But inside, that simple like made me sing. Here's why.

I live in a world where I stand out. I am different, in sometimes glaringly obvious ways. But to Lisa I am one of many. One of many her music has touched, one of many with an inspirational story, one of many who admire her and one of many who wished her well. There was no special treatment, no pity, she did not put me on a pedestal even though I let her know the struggles that her music had gotten me through. She treated me like everyone else, gave me the same amount of attention every other fan gets from her. (If we count the brief interaction on Twitter perhaps a little bit more)

Some people may tell me that the reason I didn't receive special treatment is because she's busy, too busy to have anything but the briefest interactions with any one fan. But to me, the reason I was treated like everyone else doesn't matter. What matters is that I was. For once I was in everyday, normal person because Lisa doesn't know me as anything other than that.

I am grateful that she acknowledged my post, and grateful for the chance to feel normal just once.

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 04:09PM »

I was just thinking about this......  I have always thought that Lisa K. has always had a special knack of intuition for knowing what to say and what NOT to say as well-  a kind of   understated wisdom.  That is one of her many wonderful gifts.   She is the ultimate "people person" -  so warm and open and sometimes even witty.  and she is, indeed, one of the best of our Celtic Cuties to acknowledge her  fans.   Good post Misha.   Smiley

littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 04:27PM »

Thank you, James.  Smiley

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
yellow rose

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 08:18PM »

wow! very lovely  comment, made ,e cry Smiley so happy for you!! Smiley thank you for sharing it with us Smiley glad she makes you feel welcomed and she seems to be able to do that with anyone Smiley( just her unique personality and intuition like someone else said
on another note I have a twin sister with Cerebral palsy and always wondered what she thinks of other reactions to her when we are out. (she thinks like a five year old so cant really ask her...) when people are shamelessly staring and or dont know what to say to us... thank you for clarifying it to me Smiley

really i am glad you have her in your life its good to have something that keeps you up every day ready for more Smiley

YR

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: