Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What next?  (Read 7800 times)
rodzilla

« on: January 30, 2013, 02:01PM »

I know you guys have talked about a 10th anniversary concert on this board, but saying Celtic Woman follows its normal pattern of new PBS special/DVD and tour for two years, has anyone heard of a new show in the works?  Will it be filmed this fall to air in December and a new show to go on tour?

"Nil Se'n La"--Seize the Day!
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 03:39PM »

As far as I can tell nothing official has been announced yet, but you can be assured that when things do begin to take shape, the forum will be abuzz with news and activity. I'm also excited to see how they manage their tenth anniversary. What a wonderful accomplishment.

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 03:48PM »

I've also noticed the every two years pattern, but I haven't heard anything about a new show.  It's still early in the year, so if there is one in the works, they'll announce it (and hopefully with plenty of notice Grin).  I'm also curious to see what they might do for their 10th anniversary.  It is quite an accomplishment--I can't believe it's been that long!! Shocked

Adding on to this question, I wonder who the new CEO of Celtic Woman is/will be now that Scott Porter has left?
Louis97

For the fire is flaming gold....

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 03:56PM »

Adding on to this question, I wonder who the new CEO of Celtic Woman is/will be now that Scott Porter has left?

I hope it is someone with as equal care and devotion as Scott.

littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 04:30PM »

Agreed!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Louis97

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 04:36PM »

My hopes for the 10th anniversary concert:

It is filmed outside at a castle in Ireland
Four singers are present plus Mairead (LOL I'd hope for more (even all of them), but that's pushing it :p)
No children's choir
Less "showy" then Believe and just as "Irish" as ANJ.
More Irish songs (The Gaelic is so awesome)

urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 04:53PM »

Agreed!

I second this!
Great ideas Louis.

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Louis97

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 05:29PM »

Agreed!

I second this!
Great ideas Louis.

Thank you Smiley

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 07:58PM »

My hopes for the 10th anniversary concert:

It is filmed outside at a castle in Ireland
Four singers are present plus Mairead (LOL I'd hope for more (even all of them), but that's pushing it :p)
No children's choir
Less "showy" then Believe and just as "Irish" as ANJ.
More Irish songs (The Gaelic is so awesome)

I agree 1000000 percent!!! and hopefully by that time (god hasw been workng in extremely weird ways lately) That I might be over there during that time period! fingers crossed!!  But, I also have a feeling that they just might be taping it at radio city?? I know they were supposed to a while ago or it was mentioned before songs from the heart and then their was talk about ioh possibly being taped at radio city (slightly heard that rumor somewhere) (could not b more perfect amd I was so ready to get tix ) But I thought I breifly heard that a while ago than they announces sfth at powerscourt and I was shocked! as believe in atl!? But I know radio city is extremely special for the girls so  it def. wouldn't be suprising or ruled out! And they ususally do it in August so I am so ready and would the first on the phone to get tix and do it right!  And maybe a grad. present Wink  either way I plan on travelling in 2014 and will probablly be in their area!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 12:06AM »

For a 10 year anniversary, it's also possible we might see a few of the former members return just for that one event.  It would not be a surprise of 2 or 3 were part of it.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 03:40AM »

If I was in charge of CW, this would be my plan ...

1. As several of you have noted, they have done a DVD about every 2 years. They need to keep doing that. Need to have something to sell and can't keep doing the same show over and over beyond 2 years. Well I guess they could, but people might lose interest seeing the same thing. Need to sell those DVDs and put people into concert seats .

2.  It will be done indoors. Sorry Red Rocks fans, but we have seen how weather almost really fouled up filming at previous outdoor shows. It doesn't matter how much money you have or how good you are, you can't control the weather outside, but you can control it inside.

3. It would be recorded here in the USA at a major theatre. Look at the success of Believe filmed in Atlanta. CW was actually able to sell tickets to 2 sold out shows! I would bet they made money, and even if production costs exceeded the incoming revenues, those ticket sales helped to defer the major costs of such a n expensive large production. I would think some venues like Madison Square Garden or Radio City Music Hall in New York City would be good choices. Heinz Hall in Pittsburgh with the Pittsburgh Symphony would also be good. Pittsburgh LOVES CW!

4. I would use a 4 vocalist, 1 fiddler format. The 3 vs 4 vocalist debate has occured on the forum in the past, so not going to get into details. But with 4 vocalists , you know you can successfully tour with only 3, so if someone  leaves, gets pregnant, whatever, you are good to go. With just 3, what happnes if someone leaves? The show would be very different,. maybe too different, with just 2 vocalists.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 06:49AM »

If I was in charge of CW, this would be my plan ...

1. As several of you have noted, they have done a DVD about every 2 years. They need to keep doing that. Need to have something to sell and can't keep doing the same show over and over beyond 2 years. Well I guess they could, but people might lose interest seeing the same thing. Need to sell those DVDs and put people into concert seats .

2.  It will be done indoors. Sorry Red Rocks fans, but we have seen how weather almost really fouled up filming at previous outdoor shows. It doesn't matter how much money you have or how good you are, you can't control the weather outside, but you can control it inside.

3. It would be recorded here in the USA at a major theatre. Look at the success of Believe filmed in Atlanta. CW was actually able to sell tickets to 2 sold out shows! I would bet they made money, and even if production costs exceeded the incoming revenues, those ticket sales helped to defer the major costs of such a n expensive large production. I would think some venues like Madison Square Garden or Radio City Music Hall in New York City would be good choices. Heinz Hall in Pittsburgh with the Pittsburgh Symphony would also be good. Pittsburgh LOVES CW!

4. I would use a 4 vocalist, 1 fiddler format. The 3 vs 4 vocalist debate has occured on the forum in the past, so not going to get into details. But with 4 vocalists , you know you can successfully tour with only 3, so if someone  leaves, gets pregnant, whatever, you are good to go. With just 3, what happnes if someone leaves? The show would be very different,. maybe too different, with just 2 vocalists.

Very good strategy and I wouldn't doubt that it is very close to reality. The only thing I think we might see is an Irish locale. Even if they have been successful in the States the biggest criticism of Believe was that the group had strayed too far from its Irish roots and was now solely concerned about money.

Which as we all know, needs to be a major consideration, but they need to come off as doing this more for the joy of performing and sharing the joy of Irish music than seeing how much money they can generate otherwise their fan base will shrink quickly.

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 12:35PM »

hmmmm good pointe! I like the indoor idea too!  But, I can only think of outdoorsey type deal for ireland! which I am sure the date could always be adjusted! And Besides Radio city for an indoor venue (as any theatre!) How about the palace in Cleveland!  I know I sound crazy, biased but it could happen! I don't know if any body knows or remembers (I think Orla mentioned it in a q and a but, Cleveland was thee very first place that started there very first tour... it was of their first tour dates! She said they spent a week here! I think that would kinda be cool 10 years later to tape were they had started in America!!!  Eith any of the 3 venues I mentioned I would def. be their in some way knowing me!!  I don't know, I just thought that would be a cool idea!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 12:59PM »

Actually there would be some good points to it being in Cleveland. If they did want to do it outdoors the lake would be a good background. I think Idina Menzel did an outdoor show there around July 4th one year so they had fireworks planned, so somewhere up there is a venue outdoors near the lake.  It would need to be recorded in summer, as it would be too cold and snowy in winter. But summers in Cleveland wouldnt be as hot or humid as an outdoor settting in the southeast. and Clevelnad does have a lot of people with Irish backgrounds. And Cleveland has the rock&roll hall of fame, so there is a music background there. Anuna did a PBS dvd in Cleveland.

But I still think it will be indoors somewhere, likely in a major city like New York, Chicago, LA, etc.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 01:55PM »

Oh if it's in Chicago I am SO there. Considering that's where I'm going to college starting next fall.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: