Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What next?  (Read 7803 times)
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 02:09PM »

Actually there would be some good points to it being in Cleveland. If they did want to do it outdoors the lake would be a good background. I think Idina Menzel did an outdoor show there around July 4th one year so they had fireworks planned, so somewhere up there is a venue outdoors near the lake.  It would need to be recorded in summer, as it would be too cold and snowy in winter. But summers in Cleveland wouldnt be as hot or humid as an outdoor settting in the southeast. and Clevelnad does have a lot of people with Irish backgrounds. And Cleveland has the rock&roll hall of fame, so there is a music background there. Anuna did a PBS dvd in Cleveland.

But I still think it will be indoors somewhere, likely in a major city like New York, Chicago, LA, etc.

wow!  Well, I don't know if they would do it outside w the lake, maybe a few shots or something and how fun would the rock hall be?!! The summers are nice to!  And Idina did a concert a few years ago! And that is so cool withAnuna, I did not know that! New york I could see and would so be their and was ready a few years ago!!Chicago and La (the greek theatre)wouldn't be ruled out or suprise me!I can see an announcement now "10 year recording LA!" just like atl! But, I think it would be cool to tape 10yr anniversary in the place that they very first started in America! That would just sound good overall!And I noly remember the first time I heard them come over was right when they came a second time for ANJ!And I was like I am to young to go see them in concert and it would be akwardand then more research into it I was like oh they came hear 2 years ago and strated from fresh! was in high school and didn't know!!sorry! had to share!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Louis97

For the fire is flaming gold....

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 02:19PM »

Actually there would be some good points to it being in Cleveland. If they did want to do it outdoors the lake would be a good background. I think Idina Menzel did an outdoor show there around July 4th one year so they had fireworks planned, so somewhere up there is a venue outdoors near the lake.  It would need to be recorded in summer, as it would be too cold and snowy in winter. But summers in Cleveland wouldnt be as hot or humid as an outdoor settting in the southeast. and Clevelnad does have a lot of people with Irish backgrounds. And Cleveland has the rock&roll hall of fame, so there is a music background there. Anuna did a PBS dvd in Cleveland.

But I still think it will be indoors somewhere, likely in a major city like New York, Chicago, LA, etc.

wow!  Well, I don't know if they would do it outside w the lake, maybe a few shots or something and how fun would the rock hall be?!! The summers are nice to!  And Idina did a concert a few years ago! And that is so cool withAnuna, I did not know that! New york I could see and would so be their and was ready a few years ago!!Chicago and La (the greek theatre)wouldn't be ruled out or suprise me!I can see an announcement now "10 year recording LA!" just like atl! But, I think it would be cool to tape 10yr anniversary in the place that they very first started in America! That would just sound good overall!And I noly remember the first time I heard them come over was right when they came a second time for ANJ!And I was like I am to young to go see them in concert and it would be akwardand then more research into it I was like oh they came hear 2 years ago and strated from fresh! was in high school and didn't know!!sorry! had to share!

The lake shots would be cool, plus the location (which is only an hour or so away), but the rock hall? Celtic Woman? Doesn't go together in my mind. I would prefer to have it in Ireland, even if I can't make it there in person. I think CW should return to its roots for their 10th anniversary.

TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 02:35PM »

I also would like to see whatever they do next filmed in Ireland.  I understand that the weather is impossible to predict and can make the shoot difficult if it turns bad, but I think the beauty and mysticism of Ireland really adds to the show.  Seeing Slane Castle and Powerscourt coupled with shots of the green hillsides on top of the girls' voices and the uilleann pipes...it gives such a magical atmosphere.  Just my two cents of course--I'd be thrilled with wherever they decide to film. Grin
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 02:43PM »

Either or would be great!! I would br in both locations somehow!  And yeah the rock hall def. wouldn't fit in lol! and I tried to post my pics of the inside of the gorgeous palace theatre but I couldn't but yahoo. photos have some stunning ones though!!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 05:40PM »

2.  It will be done indoors. Sorry Red Rocks fans, but we have seen how weather almost really fouled up filming at previous outdoor shows. It doesn't matter how much money you have or how good you are, you can't control the weather outside, but you can control it inside.

Red Rocks would be amazing, but it is understandable why such an event would have to be indoors.

I'd fly up to Denver to see them @ Red Rocks.
Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 09:14PM »

I would vote for New Orleans.  It won't happen, of course.  We have two grand old theaters, The Orpheum, which is the home of the New Orleans Symphony, and the Saenger, which looks eerily like the Fox inside. but we're in the wrong place, sometimes referred to as South Flyoverland.  I don't know how, where or when yet, but I will fineagle a seat at some stop of the tour that succeeds Believe.

On May 8, I'M GONNA MEET MAIREAD and Lisa, and Susan, and Mairead C.!
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 02:23PM »

Lol!  I have been thinking about this today! I have a slight feeling that we may be finding this out either way sooner than later!! If they want to do a fresh tour next january they would have to tape around August or september in order to promote it and put it out to pbs! So I have a feeling around may we might be getting hints or some sort of an announcement! I kinda hope it would be august but september and ireland might be tricky! and if it's during the week I couldn't do it Sad  But they seem to do one every 2 years and I think they have some time off around that time this year, which they could prep! Oh, that would be thee best 25th belated birthday present ever and would just be awesome! And I hope it would be radio city at least, I could make a weekend/ small trip out of it! I know I have been down about not being able to do ANYTHING for my 25th in August and I think for some reason god has a weird way of giving us signs etc and that everything happens for a reason!  Sorry, I hadto post but I had a clear idea and a really weird strong feeling today! I had to share!  Just got to keep our eyes peeled in the next few months! "And if anything happend can someone post it right away?! I seem to always miss scotts tweets for some reason?!!"

IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 02:57PM »

For a 10 year anniversary, it's also possible we might see a few of the former members return just for that one event.  It would not be a surprise of 2 or 3 were part of it.

Now, that would be incredible!! Grin

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 03:39PM »

I haven't heard anything about a new special yet, but I do hope they do one this year.  If not, that's okay.  I can wait lol.
And yes I agree.  I hope the new manager is just as good as Scott was.  I'm sure they will be.  The CW crew is always good at choosing the best people.
As for a ten-year anniversary event, that would be AWESOME!  I think they should do that!  I would like to see some former members return.  That would be cool.  And I think they should do what they've been doing with the music.  From the beginning, they've always mixed it up, a little Irish, a little classical, a little pop.  That's how it's been from the start, and I think they should continue that.  I think for the event, they should either re-record old songs, or mix some old with new, or do all-new.  Whatever they do, I'm satisfied.  I'm not picky at all.  Celtic Woman NEVER disappoints me.  I know a lot of you prefer more Irish music from them, and I hope someday they do a special/DVD/CD with all Celtic songs, but they've always been about variety, which is good, because it attracts different audiences.  Another thing I would want for the anniversary is if they made it LONGER than the normal DVDs/CDs/specials, like a box set of a LOT of songs.  That would be AWESOME!
But whatever they do, I can't wait to see what's next, and I'm just gonna enjoy it.

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2013, 04:58PM »

also remember that there are a couple of other things they could do. maybe do another 'best of' dvd and piece parts of all the previous DVDs together. also i would guess that they could record parts of shows on tour. of course that would present some challenges too, like paying for camera crews in multiple locations, hoping that venues have the necessary equipment, etc. But many venues now are modern or have been renovated so i bet thats possible. i wouldn't put it past CW they sometimes like to throw us some interesting curve balls!

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Louis97

For the fire is flaming gold....

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2013, 07:38PM »

I haven't heard anything about a new special yet, but I do hope they do one this year.  If not, that's okay.  I can wait lol.
And yes I agree.  I hope the new manager is just as good as Scott was.  I'm sure they will be.  The CW crew is always good at choosing the best people.
As for a ten-year anniversary event, that would be AWESOME!  I think they should do that!  I would like to see some former members return.  That would be cool.  And I think they should do what they've been doing with the music.  From the beginning, they've always mixed it up, a little Irish, a little classical, a little pop.  That's how it's been from the start, and I think they should continue that.  I think for the event, they should either re-record old songs, or mix some old with new, or do all-new.  Whatever they do, I'm satisfied.  I'm not picky at all.  Celtic Woman NEVER disappoints me.  I know a lot of you prefer more Irish music from them, and I hope someday they do a special/DVD/CD with all Celtic songs, but they've always been about variety, which is good, because it attracts different audiences.  Another thing I would want for the anniversary is if they made it LONGER than the normal DVDs/CDs/specials, like a box set of a LOT of songs.  That would be AWESOME!
But whatever they do, I can't wait to see what's next, and I'm just gonna enjoy it.

Of course a variety is wonderful! I think some of us would just like a little more Irish than what Believe presented though. We would still want to have a good general mix, just with a general gravitation toward "Irish."

A longer concert would be FANTASTIC Cheesy "CW: The 10th Anniversary: Featuring the vocals of Lisa Lambe, Susan McFadden, Chloe Agnew along with former members Meav, Lynn, and Orla and with violinist Mairead Nesbitt" or something. Awesome!

Gerard

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2013, 12:01AM »

One other thing they could do is to release a two CD set featuring all the songs that are not on their official albums, including the ones that can be found only on "foreign" versions of said albums, like Princess Toyotomi, I'm Counting on You, Song for the Mirra, Somewhere, The Light of Christmas Morn. Even if I have most of them, I still would buy it.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2013, 06:12AM »

One other thing they could do is to release a two CD set featuring all the songs that are not on their official albums, including the ones that can be found only on "foreign" versions of said albums, like Princess Toyotomi, I'm Counting on You, Song for the Mirra, Somewhere, The Light of Christmas Morn. Even if I have most of them, I still would buy it.
Good point.....    also  a  new  {Best Hits"  )     DVD  with songs  of theirs that made it to U-Tube , but not on other DVDs.   

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2013, 10:43AM »

I think that the one thing they could easily do is have an all new PBS special and cd. But then, as a bonus track on the cd, have it be a song that features all of the old soloists. Let's face it. That'd probably be the easiest considering they could all do it wherever they are in the world and have the engineers do the mixing. Because the members of CW now span 3 seperate continents! We've got our favorite Kiwi living in New Zealand, Chloe and Lisa K here in the US, and, as far as I'm aware, all of the other girls live in Ireland with the exception of Susan who apparently lives in London.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2013, 01:44PM »

well said and agreed matt! I think that would be the best option and have some of the former girls (who can do it if time permitting)! I don'tthink they can do another type of best of though?  I think "greatest journey" was kinda like that"  I have a lot of repeat songs on it!  Theirs a lot of different options w venues in america and ireland!  I was looking in one of my tour books and they listed and pictured all the different castles in that area and some i can see them using! Very very very beautiful and a lot of scenery they can work with! Even though I think they don't like dealing with the weather facto, so prob. wil be in the states! But, def. would love to see some of the former members and have susan on a taping or cd and deidre (who wasn't on either a cd or taping)! So just keeping my eyes peeled and def. can't wait !

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: