Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What next?  (Read 7801 times)
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2013, 02:40AM »

I haven't heard anything about a new special yet, but I do hope they do one this year.  If not, that's okay.  I can wait lol.
And yes I agree.  I hope the new manager is just as good as Scott was.  I'm sure they will be.  The CW crew is always good at choosing the best people.
As for a ten-year anniversary event, that would be AWESOME!  I think they should do that!  I would like to see some former members return.  That would be cool.  And I think they should do what they've been doing with the music.  From the beginning, they've always mixed it up, a little Irish, a little classical, a little pop.  That's how it's been from the start, and I think they should continue that.  I think for the event, they should either re-record old songs, or mix some old with new, or do all-new.  Whatever they do, I'm satisfied.  I'm not picky at all.  Celtic Woman NEVER disappoints me.  I know a lot of you prefer more Irish music from them, and I hope someday they do a special/DVD/CD with all Celtic songs, but they've always been about variety, which is good, because it attracts different audiences.  Another thing I would want for the anniversary is if they made it LONGER than the normal DVDs/CDs/specials, like a box set of a LOT of songs.  That would be AWESOME!
But whatever they do, I can't wait to see what's next, and I'm just gonna enjoy it.

Of course a variety is wonderful! I think some of us would just like a little more Irish than what Believe presented though. We would still want to have a good general mix, just with a general gravitation toward "Irish."

A longer concert would be FANTASTIC Cheesy "CW: The 10th Anniversary: Featuring the vocals of Lisa Lambe, Susan McFadden, Chloe Agnew along with former members Meav, Lynn, and Orla and with violinist Mairead Nesbitt" or something. Awesome!

Actually Believe does have quite a few Irish/Celtic pieces in them and some of the pop songs are done originally by Irish singers like "Follow On" and "A Spaceman Came Traveling."
And yes I like that idea!  BTW love your signature picture.

Louis97

For the fire is flaming gold....

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2013, 04:19PM »

I haven't heard anything about a new special yet, but I do hope they do one this year.  If not, that's okay.  I can wait lol.
And yes I agree.  I hope the new manager is just as good as Scott was.  I'm sure they will be.  The CW crew is always good at choosing the best people.
As for a ten-year anniversary event, that would be AWESOME!  I think they should do that!  I would like to see some former members return.  That would be cool.  And I think they should do what they've been doing with the music.  From the beginning, they've always mixed it up, a little Irish, a little classical, a little pop.  That's how it's been from the start, and I think they should continue that.  I think for the event, they should either re-record old songs, or mix some old with new, or do all-new.  Whatever they do, I'm satisfied.  I'm not picky at all.  Celtic Woman NEVER disappoints me.  I know a lot of you prefer more Irish music from them, and I hope someday they do a special/DVD/CD with all Celtic songs, but they've always been about variety, which is good, because it attracts different audiences.  Another thing I would want for the anniversary is if they made it LONGER than the normal DVDs/CDs/specials, like a box set of a LOT of songs.  That would be AWESOME!
But whatever they do, I can't wait to see what's next, and I'm just gonna enjoy it.

Of course a variety is wonderful! I think some of us would just like a little more Irish than what Believe presented though. We would still want to have a good general mix, just with a general gravitation toward "Irish."

A longer concert would be FANTASTIC Cheesy "CW: The 10th Anniversary: Featuring the vocals of Lisa Lambe, Susan McFadden, Chloe Agnew along with former members Meav, Lynn, and Orla and with violinist Mairead Nesbitt" or something. Awesome!

Actually Believe does have quite a few Irish/Celtic pieces in them and some of the pop songs are done originally by Irish singers like "Follow On" and "A Spaceman Came Traveling."
And yes I like that idea!  BTW love your signature picture.

I guess what I meant when I referred to "Believe" was the set wasn't really as "Celtic" as previous concerts and Gaelic was only in one(?) song. Believe was still great though, especially because Lisa L was in it!

Thanks! It took some hard work Smiley

chellek

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2013, 05:58PM »

I think that the one thing they could easily do is have an all new PBS special and cd. But then, as a bonus track on the cd, have it be a song that features all of the old soloists. Let's face it. That'd probably be the easiest considering they could all do it wherever they are in the world and have the engineers do the mixing. Because the members of CW now span 3 seperate continents! We've got our favorite Kiwi living in New Zealand, Chloe and Lisa K here in the US, and, as far as I'm aware, all of the other girls live in Ireland with the exception of Susan who apparently lives in London.

Who lives in New Zealand?   Huh
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2013, 06:23PM »

I think that the one thing they could easily do is have an all new PBS special and cd. But then, as a bonus track on the cd, have it be a song that features all of the old soloists. Let's face it. That'd probably be the easiest considering they could all do it wherever they are in the world and have the engineers do the mixing. Because the members of CW now span 3 seperate continents! We've got our favorite Kiwi living in New Zealand, Chloe and Lisa K here in the US, and, as far as I'm aware, all of the other girls live in Ireland with the exception of Susan who apparently lives in London.

Who lives in New Zealand?   Huh
I know Hayley is from their! I don't think she lives their anymore! She actually lives in london when she doesn't travel! 

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
pammy314

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2013, 11:29AM »

WHERE should the 10 year reunion concert be held?   The answer is so simple--AT THE BEGINNING.   The very first "One night" concert was held 2004  at The Helix in Dublin.   So the Helix would be the place to film.  By the way, the 2005 DVD Celtic Woman at the Helix is still my utmost favorite of all Celtic Woman CD/DVDs.  Orla Fallon's "Harry's Game" is a real standout, along with Chloe's "Walking in the Air."   So go back to the beginning and film at the Helix in Dublin.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: