Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: good news  (Read 37104 times)
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« on: February 21, 2013, 01:29PM »

Well, I know I had a thread a while ago about some news w/ in that week but, it took longer!  So I think now I can safely/ slowly let the cat out of the bag on this one....! I...got... a ... new... JOB!!!!! Smiley I had been waiting very very patiently for a month for this care center that I really was pushing for to work at to call! Well, a few days ago I got that call and went in for an interview and everything looks amazing! It is a few years old and very spotless!  and non smoking which is totally on the other end of the spectrum from where I am at now!  Plus this place has good benefits, better pay, holidays etcwhich where I am at now doesn't Sad and no going home 3x's a paycheck! All I have to do is call monday to confirm how much and hour and give them 2 thumbs up!  And I sure will!! plus we are keeping our dog (yes it was a big incident) but we are going to get him properly trained and my hand is getting better by the minute and by next week the stitches come out Smiley SO I had to shre that good news with you guys! And defintely a good day today!! Smiley  and also just fingers crossed for my brother to nail his job interview for a big position tomorrow!! It has been quite a week in our family ( and a feww other reasons) but  loving the luck turning good!  Sorry for the random posts to just getting excited about april and its coming up!  But, I had to share!!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 03:07PM »

Glad to hear everything is going so well, I was concerned for a bit, for sure. I know how it feels to be so excited to share your good news with someone that you hardly contain yourself. Congratulations on the new job, it sounds wonderful. Please let us know how things go once you start

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 03:34PM »

Way to go  Barb !   Smiley   You needed that , I think after what you shared  recently.  Glad also to hear that your canine friend has a temporary respite, at least.   Cool

urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 04:09PM »

Great to hear Barb! Congrats on the new job! Smiley

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 04:46PM »

LOL! you guys crack me up! Thank you guys x's a million! oh yeah definately needed that excitement!! I will def. let you guys know how it go's when i start! It will nice to work in a nice, clean safe environment! Defintely health wise w mold in their and stuff defintely worried me for a while! It has actualy been causing issues breathing wise! can't wait to get good insurance to take care of it properly! would def. have gotten worse which is scary to me! and yes the dog will be a proper model dog when we get done w him!! But all in all these little things never put in any harm or really BAD or worrysome situations. just had to be patient and and pick our selves back up!!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 06:09PM by barb kantartzis » Logged

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 02:58PM »

ok I know I haven't mentioned anything on this behalf lately w all the craziness going on! Well, The job I was originally shooting for never called back and something seemed very weird about the situation.  So, after that I have been applying to other facilitis like a mad woman! And I am a very perticular person so it couldn't just be an old facitity! And quite a few called, but i am very 50/50 on any decision I make on anything so either they didn't pay enough, to far, not a nice facility, didn't call, this that or the other! Well, one f them them that only had part time and I told them to call me if they had full time did!! She asked if I was ready to work for them and I said NO I didn't want it because they had part time. She them said that they had a full time position open! I went for a second interview and tour!! Absolutely loved loved loved it!! It definately is very old english/irish country look and feel to it! And the people are extremely freindly and nice! ANd there are chandeliers that would make the phantom of opera blush and our theatres to shame! :p absolutely stunning and breathtaking! AndI ordered a bunch or new scrubs and I am so ready to work!  I had orientation today and even though I was exhauseted going straight to work and running on an hour of sleep it is so worth it! And tomorrow I am going to get finger printed and friday my tb read! BUt also, I will be getting paid more so I will save up to traveland ready on the fly if the girls go to radio city and cleveland!!! Money will NOT be of any issue this time! Plus there full time is 4 days a week and she wants me for 5! Which I can work 6 days n a row and have 3 of!  This way I can have travel weekends, go to see the girls etc especially on my breaks from school! Which I am glad to get out of this job in a way because even though I prepared almost a year ahead and told her that was the most stressful thing I have ever been in!! I found out a few days prior that I got off!! and other issues going on again! like sending people home again when said he wasn't etc. which lieing to someone w trust issues already is not a good thing if you want to keep and employye!  And you can cut the tension w a knife there  where this new facility is so calm and peaceful! ANd I have always wanted to work there since I was little! Well, I thought I would shre that w you guys and give you guys a little update!  I am so excited! especially in the midst of the concert craziness!

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 03:03PM »

so is Barb happy???....gee...I can`t tell  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes   best of luck to you...hope it`s a " great fit" for all involved.  Wink

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 03:54PM »

Congratulations Barb!!  I'm sure you'll do a great job!  I must admit though, I've never seen somebody so excited to be fingerprinted!  Tongue  Grin

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 04:11PM »

I'm glad things are better for you, Barb. Smiley
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 04:29PM »

Great to hear things are getting better, Barb. Smiley

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 05:18PM »

YAY BARB !!!    Grin

Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 05:31PM »

Congrats, Barb! Grin
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 06:59PM »

oh my!  lol!  Thank you everyone! once the finger printing is done it is one step closer to actually starting! And I am very pleased w the place and the atsmosphere! And def. excited about this new chapter in my life!  And Hopefully now that I can open up in more ways than one to take weekend trips and maybe more than one show!  I am looking foward to seeing everyone! (more than once a year or two hopefully!) Thank you guys so much!

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 10:56AM »

welp! I held off saying anything till the day of but, I am starting my new job tonight! I am beyond the point of excited!  It is a million dollor renovated facility that is very close to the airport (very tempting!) and they are paying me a pretty penny! I am so excited!  That is why I need to know dates for the girls so I can work stuff out wo getting peanalized! The people seem amazing and I won't be working strictly working w the elderly population which I have been doing the last 8-9 years! so it definately will be different for me but just thinking it is still nigt shift and I am excited! When I got the bad news from the other place I immediately called them since they wanted me prior and I had an interview a few days later!  They hired and loved me right on the spot!! I am very excited to learn new things and grow w them for many years to come!!

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2013, 01:16PM »

is Barb excited???  I can`t tell  Roll Eyes

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: