Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Misha needs our help! She's raising money to take care of a service dog. More .nfo inside  (Read 5848 times)
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« on: October 02, 2014, 06:28PM »

Posted by Misha 2 days ago:

My name is Michelle Golden. I am a senior in college at Roosevelt University. I have cerebral palsy and  use a variety of mobility aids to get around such as a power wheelchair, manual wheelchair, and crutches. Recently I made the decision to work on getting a service dog to broaden my independence.

The dog would be able to steady me when I am out of my wheelchair, and help me if I fall by either helping me up or retrieving the phone. In addition it would help me by retrieving objects I drop, or pushing elevator buttons/handicap door switches whether I am in or out of my chair. Things such as travel would become much easier as well.

I have applied for a dog through several organizations, all of which are non-for-profit. That means I will get the dog at no cost. However, as the dog's owner I am responsible for care costs and other expenses. As I am on a fixed income, this is difficult.

I had imagined that I would not recieve my dog very quickly, likely until after I had graduated college and found a full time job. However, that may not be the case, as one organization I spoke with indicated they may have a dog that will match well with me. If she does, I may bring her home as early as January 2015.

This makes my financial situation a bit more urgent and is why I am now reaching out for help. Should the match fall through, the funds raised here will be used for when I do get a service animal, regardless of how long I wait.

Thank you in advance for your generosity. It will literally change my life.

Love,

Michelle

Misha has already raised $110 out of $2,000, and since the need is urgent, I decided to post here. I know this will help Misha a ton, and we should be supporting her.

Go help her project here: http://www.gofundme.com/servicedog4misha and if you can't donate, "share my campaign," that's what she said. Wink

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 10:37AM »

Hopefully this will work out and the only thing Misha will need is to think of a name for the dog. Roll Eyes

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 01:27PM »

The dog that is a potential match for me is named Agatha, or Agi.

Also, here's an update:

Hi everyone. I had a much lengthier conversation with the owner of the organization I am currently working with today and he corrected a few misconceptions I had about the process. Firstly, there is a cost to me for the dog, relative to training received. The description and goal have been updated to reflect this.

Secondly, January is just the time when I would begin weekly training with the dog. I would do this until the trainers decide we work well enough together to allow the dog to do 3 weekend visits. If these are successful the dog is placed with me fully but I return for weekly training for around a year.

This has actually only increased my enthusiasm for this process, but it means your help is more important than ever.

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: