Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: good news  (Read 37098 times)
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 01:44PM »

so little update! I pretty much (next week) have been there an entire month! I am absolutely in love w my job, to me it cannot be any more perfect and I am not used to being treated like a human at work! Yes like every job it has a few kinks but if I cannot look over those things then I don't belong working in any facility!  Definitely learning new things by the day! I feel sometimes overwhelmed since I have worked in the field for 8+ years and it is taking me a little bit longer this time to adjust! I just remember that I have dealt w strictly the aging 80 and over population since I was 15! So working w patients not that much older than me and my parents is definitely a 180! I love being that diverse now though! And even if I am having the worst day ever at home (much like today) I always look forward to going to work, which in general is something I don't say! So I just wanted to update everyone on how its going and that I am fitting in just fine their!

O/t and continuation of bad day! Every time I call pbs in Cleveland and ny I get a different response from them about the girls coming! It is very frustrating and I am saving my money a much as possible! i mean if worse comes to worse I can go to Dayton but I really am avoiding that at every cost!   It is so frustrating! One minute they say yes then the next is no then the next is yes!  My goodness! And then I ordred a dress that I would use for the concert from amazon !  And lets just say disaster! Than I washed my favorite new scrubs for work and my sister shirt completely ruined them! well besides feeling like junk I think things can only get better!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 02:37PM by barb kantartzis » Logged

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 09:37PM »

I'm  sorry  to  hear  about   your home  difficulties, but  I  am  very  glad  to hear that your  new  job  is working  out . Even though it is  a different  population you are working with, I think  there are certainly  skills  that transfer over, eh ?  Sounds  like  they  probably  like you there. Wish  I could  say that I  look  forward  going to work.   Roll Eyes   But I still am  grateful to be working - for  sure.  Keep up  the  good  work  Barb.   Smiley 

urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 09:48PM »

Sorry to hear how home is turning out Barb. But I am glad you're enjoying your new work. Smiley

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 05:52AM »

lol! Thank guys! It's not the home part at all just life in general not giving me a break! But it very minor and today's a new day and it wasn't anything I couldn't control quickly. It was definitely god telling me I need to slow my million mile an hour self down for a minute and get some patience which def. helps especially at work! And yet I can have all the patience at work and when I comes to other things outside of work I have patience smaller than an ants! and as far as my job goes I love it! I just tune the minor negativity out and it is much better! And some skills do transfer over and sometimes its just a little different w the younger pt's in skilled!  But, I love learning it and it makes me more mature in what I do at work! And trust me for 10 years I definitely can say I never looked forward to going to work so this is a good thing!  Thank you guys!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
gig5
Total Fanatic

The fight for Middle Earth

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2013, 12:40PM »

Happy that you got a new job! Hope everything goes well!
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2013, 12:42PM »

Happy that you got a new job! Hope everything goes well!
Thank you!  All's good!

gig5
Total Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2013, 12:43PM »

That's great!
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2013, 04:27PM »

HI everyone! A little update! Definitely looking for any form of a hug, strength, patience or anything in that form! I have been there three whole months now!! It seems like I have been there forever! Like every job it has it craziness but it's going good! But other things are going crazy now! Well to start off I just got the call today saying to be ready for class Monday, nice way to be last minute tri-c! But, I am half ready for it so it's ok,just got to pack the things I will need! But within the next 3 weeks my family and I will be on call to run to NYC. Usually I have not one issue with any of that but this trip would be for the funeral of my grandpa Sad He is not doing well and my mom has been there all week and most of next. So emotionally and physically I am drained! the last one of our family here to see him was ME during the celtic woman concert! So if they go back to radio city next year it is going to be emotional  for me (just a fair warning , there will be tears). But right now I need all the strength I can get.  Specially acting like a mom at the house for 9 days (bless any moms out there!) and starting school so quick definitely feels like a brick to the face (kinda!) I just hope he holds on till I start school so I can tell my professor so I won't get kicked out if I have to leave, which I am sure it'll be a on the spur thing and hopefully before clinicals start :/ but the kicker is my boss, when I told him the situation to give him a heads up he thinks it's funny? I don't think there is one thing that is funny about someone an anything dying?? And The next time I call him to alert them I am sure I will be on my way or in Ny. So lots of stress! Sorry for the long post but I just needed to get that out, sorry!

gig5
Total Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2013, 03:29PM »

I'll pray for your grandpa and I'm sending you big barrogs.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2013, 04:37PM »

Thank you! He is actually doing a little bit better now so they said about 6 months? But, being in the field I hear that all the time w doctors and usually they last longer!  Sometime a few years longer and some times a few weeks! But thank you!

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2013, 06:49PM »

Thank you! He is actually doing a little bit better now so they said about 6 months? But, being in the field I hear that all the time w doctors and usually they last longer!  Sometime a few years longer and some times a few weeks! But thank you!
  Will   keep  you  and  him  in  my  prayers.  Glad  he's  doing  a bit  better.   

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2013, 06:53AM »

thankyou!

gig5
Total Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2013, 09:39AM »

Ditto.
Believe

Celtic Woman is a blessing from God

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2013, 09:46AM »

So glad that you got a job!

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2013, 08:51AM »

ahhh, what wildness the last week/48 hours have been.  First I got mandated for a double yesterday 3rd shift and first shift. was the roughest thing ever (and next time it happens I am leaving them, and who ever came up w it is brainless!) so don't call off for the sake or calling off! But it was worse because the nurse (that knows I don't particularly care for her) was rude to put it lightly! And I was waiting all night for a text/phone call saying that my grandpa passed.  Which would be my second time refusing this mandation junk and could loose my job. But since it is there brainless rule and bereivement is a general law they would not want to put themselves through that much trouble.  But just ignoring for now! So after that fourteen hour shift and going to take care of my other grandmas I was happy to learn that I had gotten off last night which I though I would have to work! Well, we got the dreaded phone call this morning. Yup, my grandpa passed at 8 am=ish this morning.  So it has been nothing but chaos tryhing to pack and getting everything done before heading up to Nyc now for the weekend.  I cannot wait to get back to work and royaly mirror to that nurse how she was acting! I thought I would let you guys know and thank you for all the prayers and thoughts. Will be hard if the girls go to radio city next year. But, we'll see! Thank you  again from the bottom of my heart and my families.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: