Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Great Year Ahead  (Read 18476 times)
edtom

« on: February 21, 2013, 04:47PM »

Until this year, I have been to five Celtic Woman concerts, two in 2009 and three more in 2010. Now that I'm about to retire, I may double that number this year! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
First will be Tuesday, March 5, in Binghamton, NY. I just got my tickets from PBS today.
Next, on Wednesday, March 27, will be Rochester, NY.
Then we have the one I'm looking forward to the most. CELTIC WOMAN IS COMING TO MY HOME TOWN, THE CLEMENS CENTER IN ELMIRA, NY, ON FRIDAY, MARCH 29!!!! Can't wait. At least two other Forum members will be there with me. I'd love to see more of you there.
And then I have a ticket to the Tuesday, April 23 concert in Dayton, OH.
I'm also thinking about going to another concert or two, maybe including Bethel, NY.
I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing the lovely and talented Lisa Lambe and Susan McFadden for the first time. Yay!

I love Celtic Woman
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 04:56PM »

That's exciting !   i can only make it to the one in  my area -  the Twin Cities. but maybe if I get a raise I can make it to a neighboring state one of these days.   Grin   Good  for you. 

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 10:57PM »

Hey! I'll be at the Dayton concert too! Taking two friends and one is new to CW!
GeorgeN

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 10:24AM »

With all of the economic uncertainty around I’ve been reluctant to get tickets to more than one show this year (been to 12 up thru now), but I will probably also go to Bethel Woods in June. I love “outdoor” venues, and the site (Woodstock ‘69) has extra meaning to me. Last time CW was there there was a monster thunderstorm blowing the set around during the last few songs - and it added a lot of extra "energy". I think the girls were just happy to be cooled off!

Who knows….. I might just go crazy and get some additional tickets yet.   Grin

From all of the TV advertizing here in Binghamton, I’m assuming that they are having problems selling tickets. I guess its part of the times.

GeorgeN
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 11:23AM »

It sounds like a great tour so far with exciting reviews.  I have to wait until May for my two shows.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
edtom

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 05:32PM »

Binghamton was fantastic! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
My sixth time to see Mairead and Chloe; my first for Lisa and Susan. They were all great!

I love Celtic Woman
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 08:19AM »

Any news on what the girls are doing for St Paddy's Day? I mean in terms of TV appearances...
edtom

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 04:31PM »

Until this year, I have been to five Celtic Woman concerts, two in 2009 and three more in 2010. Now that I'm about to retire, I may double that number this year! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
First will be Tuesday, March 5, in Binghamton, NY. I just got my tickets from PBS today.
Next, on Wednesday, March 27, will be Rochester, NY.
Then we have the one I'm looking forward to the most. CELTIC WOMAN IS COMING TO MY HOME TOWN, THE CLEMENS CENTER IN ELMIRA, NY, ON FRIDAY, MARCH 29!!!! Can't wait. At least two other Forum members will be there with me. I'd love to see more of you there.
And then I have a ticket to the Tuesday, April 23 concert in Dayton, OH.
I'm also thinking about going to another concert or two, maybe including Bethel, NY.
I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing the lovely and talented Lisa Lambe and Susan McFadden for the first time. Yay!

Add another step to my Stairway to Heaven. I'm going to Scranton, March 19.

I love Celtic Woman
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 06:38PM »

Any news on what the girls are doing for St Paddy's Day? I mean in terms of TV appearances...
I was going to ask that too! I know they are in newark tomorrow and were a day off on ny today so idk! they will be in vermont (i think) that night! And qvc already has keith harkin from ct and  celtic thunder will be in chicago that day! I haven't heard any mention either about what the girls are doing on sunday? i hope we find out soon!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 07:38AM by barb kantartzis » Logged

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
edtom

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 06:22AM »

On today's Home Page Upcoming Calendar listing of upcoming concerts, I'm going to three of them!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
But, please note, it's not Elmirea Huh, it's Elmira.

I love Celtic Woman
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 11:58AM »

Does any body know if the girls are going to be on any tv things tomorrow? I didn't hear anything and wondered if anyone else did?!  I know celtic thunder has been on some ny shows and chicago today and back to ny tomorrow but usualy the girls do something before there show on st. Paddy's day!? 

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 12:21PM »

Does any body know if the girls are going to be on any tv things tomorrow? I didn't hear anything and wondered if anyone else did?!  I know celtic thunder has been on some ny shows and chicago today and back to ny tomorrow but usualy the girls do something before there show on st. Paddy's day!? 
  My  local PBS  station had them on about a week ago for their pledge drive...but I think it varies as to where you live.  Undecided 

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 01:12PM »

My  local PBS  station had them on about a week ago for their pledge drive...but I think it varies as to where you live.  Undecided 
See, this is the worst part about Scott Porter leaving! He was in constant sommunication with the fans and kept us all up to date on CW news!
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 01:16PM »

thanks guys! Suprisingly i don't think the girls came to do a pledge drive or celtic thunder? They hsvent even had any commercials here either for some reason?! And i agree we don't know what the girls are upto as much tv wise.  and the girls didn't mention anything? Scott did a good job about keeping us informed and in a timely fashion!! If any one hears anything more let us know!!!

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2013, 01:17PM »

My local PBS station is running Celtic Thunder for St. Patrick's Day.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: