Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please, please, setlist anyone?  (Read 29828 times)
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2013, 12:44AM »

Thanks for posting that! Hmmm... Definitely interesting! And I do in a way like it! Def brings back some of the original songs  which could be leading up to something! And like that they thinned out SOME of the believe songs! Just the fox hunter and heart was home again not being their is sad Sad and yes I love the voice! Lisas version hooked me into cw! And Alex did a good job w it to! So I think I will leave it arhat and leave the rest as a suprise in April! It's close enough now that I prob won't read and more reviews etc! Sounds good! Def a fan of their older style wasn't a total fanatic about the regular believe list/ taping just bits and pieces! So sorry!  Sounds good though!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
rebbie336

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2013, 01:27AM »

Didn't they start to bring in some "new songs" during the second year of each tour anyways?  I'm thinking that they brought in songs for Isle of Hope. Songs that were more suited to the girls in the group at that time, BEFORE they recorded Songs from the Heart.  I think David will present some special Susan songs in this years tour and gradually take away some of our "Maev, Orla, Lisa K, Alex, Lynn or Hayley" songs.  Then, by the end of this year, plans should be underway for another DVD/CD/PBS bombuster EVENT.  Maybe this time, David can win the award?Huh

Rachel
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2013, 01:40AM »

Guys i find an other set list and it's not like the one we had :
Awakening - Everyone
Dulamon - Lisa
Nocturne - Chloe & Mairead
Coast of Galicia - Mairead
The New Ground - Tommy
Orinoco Flow - Everyone
Caledonia - Susan
TAR - Everyone
Granualie's Dance - Mairead
Danny Boy - Everyone
Mo Ghile Mear - Everyone

Act 2
Amazing Grace - Everyone
She Moved Thru the Fair - Chloe & Lisa
Broadway Tribute - Everyone
Bridge Over Troubled Water - Lisa
Songs From The Heart - Chloe, Lisa & Susan
Bodhran Solo - Ray
Nil Se'n La - Everyone
Shenandoah - Dancers (yes, that's the way it's labelled on the set list) - Mairead followed by everyone
Ave Maria - Chloe
The Voice - Susan
Parting Glass - Everyone
You Raise Me Up - Everyone (done as an encore)
Finale/Playoff (Mo Ghile Mear) - Everyone

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2013, 02:18AM »

That sounds pretty accurate! Thank you!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2013, 02:24AM »

I think the previous one came from the program, this one is from several reviews Smiley

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Louis97

For the fire is flaming gold....

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2013, 09:07AM »

For my first concert, I like the setlist. I'm thrilled that TAR and Nil S'en La will be performed! I was wondering why they had both Ceili dresses in a backstage picture! I'm pretty pleased with it! I can't wait until April 6th though!!!

littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2013, 10:44AM »

Shocked Grin I can't wait.

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2013, 11:31AM »

For my first concert, I like the setlist. I'm thrilled that TAR and Nil S'en La will be performed! I was wondering why they had both Ceili dresses in a backstage picture! I'm pretty pleased with it! I can't wait until April 6th though!!!
yeah! ANd see you in CLEVELAND!!

Excalibur

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2013, 12:03PM »

Very happy to see so many Irish songs back on the setlist... I'm curious about She Moved Thru the Fair as a duet, is it actually new arrangement? Same question for Bridge Over Troubled Water with just Lisa...

MaryNorth93
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2013, 02:47PM »

Very happy to see so many Irish songs back on the setlist... I'm curious about She Moved Thru the Fair as a duet, is it actually new arrangement? Same question for Bridge Over Troubled Water with just Lisa...

From what I gather in some reviews on the Máiréad-forum, She Moved Thru The Fair sounds much like the version Méav did. The choir starts, Chloë begins and Lisa joins in later. Very curious to hear it.

Bridge over Troubled Water appears to be much different than the dvd-version. No choir, just Lisa with the piano. In one review it's said that the melody is very different too.
Bridge isn't a favorite of mine, but I might like this change.
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2013, 04:06PM »

Very happy to see so many Irish songs back on the setlist

I agree, and in fact changing the dynamic and feel of the show back to a more distinctly Irish flavor is, I think, one of the reasons the changes were implemented. If you look at the reviews for the Believe DVD on sites like Amazon, they had (have?) a more negative flavor than reviews for other CW material. The overwhelming sentiment was that CW had strayed too far from its Irish roots, and were now simply trying to please the American public. Celtic Thunder has also been subject to similar criticism with their "It's Entertainment" show/album. I can almost guarantee that this type of feedback was one major reason for the set list change.

Certainly theatre isn't the same, and I've never acted professionally, but I've been a part of community theatre productions all my life. Often, the run of the show spans several performances, over a period of days or weeks. But if someone were to go to a show opening night and come back for a performance later in the run, they would have completely different experiences between the two shows. That's because even when a show is being performed, it is still changing and evolving. While technically it is ideal for the show to be "set in stone" before opening night, that NEVER happens, Why? Its live. Usually the director is present at shows to gauge audience reaction during the show, and sometimes meets with audience members during things like meet and greets to hear what they thought. Press reviews become important sources of feedback as well, particularly in the professional world.

So what gets done with all that feedback? It is given to the performers as "notes." What went well, what didn't, things to remember, improv bits to keep as a permanent part of the show, which ones to throw out all together. Forum members who see multiple shows per tour can probably attest to the fact that the shows are never completely robotic, always different and organic in little subtle ways. This is part of why.

David has taken the feedback given via the internet, the public and the press and created a set list to try to satisfy those who were unhappy, keep longtime listeners engaged, and ensnare new fans in the mesmerizing spectacle that is CW. Its a big risk to take, but as I said, David knows the girls well, and he's done this a long time. Let's give the guy credit.

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2013, 04:16PM »

I just wish Spaceman was on the list....on the other hand, seems like Mairead has lots of numbers.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2013, 04:21PM »

You make a lot of sense , Misha.   I was thinking along these lines too.  Although "Believe" had a number of Celtic tunes ,  there were also a number of non-Celtic as well.  I have enjoyed both, of course.  And in  SFTH - "Fields Of Gold"   and  " Goodnight My Angel" being among my fave pop covers, but by and large, the Irish melodies have mostly been my favorites.   My only personal "contraindication"  is that I will have to force myself to keep an open mind  concerning "She Moved  Thro' The Fair"  and "Dulaman" which  I previously have considered "Meav" songs.   I know the current gals will do a fine job-  I'm just stating  a personal bias that I'm fully aware of.  Truth be told...my Celtic Cuties have never disappointed me.   Smiley  

littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2013, 06:16PM »

You make a lot of sense , Misha.  

Uh oh...I make sense to you? Lay down, take some Advil and make sure you see a doctor if symptoms persist  Grin

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2013, 07:01PM »

You make a lot of sense , Misha.  

Uh oh...I make sense to you? Lay down, take some Advil and make sure you see a doctor if symptoms persist  Grin
  Hmmm....   maybe  its  a case of good minds thinking alike ?    Smiley       Roll Eyes   

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: