Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please, please, setlist anyone?  (Read 29867 times)
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 08:20PM »

I'm not a fan of the setlist either. Same as Sarah, It just isn't Believe to me. Sad
I see a few Lisa K songs in there. I think whoever will sing them will do a great job, but not as good as Lisa K. Wink

Gotta agree 110%.
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 08:30PM »

While I will agree that it seems like quite a departure from Believe, this actually makes me really really excited. It seems like they took a bunch of the favorites from each CW special/concert and put together a diverse setlist. Actually these songs are all my favorites, and as much as I love Believe, I am so excited that I will get to see some of the performances that I thought I would never get to see. As this will be my first concert, I am lucky that I will not have Lisa K's performances to compare to. I am more excited than I ever thought I would be to see a concert.

Please guys, keep an open mind. It might just blow you away

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 08:35PM »

It's  true that this list is not exactly "Believe" ......  in , fact , it looks like a  dukes mixture of every tour.   but then again-  IOH  was not exactly  SFTH  or  ANJ  either. But was good on its own merits.  I am almost thinking that this could be a possible warmup to a  10-year  anniversary show- who knows.   There are a lot of goodies on this one including some of my very fave Mairead pieces. I for one respectfully disagree with  some of the previous thoughts.  I remain excited for what our special Celtic Cuties have in store for us. and i remain pumped for my first row and M@G  action.  Just an observation... no tour has been exactly the same as the year before. I think this is actually a smart  tactic.  David D. always finds  a few twists to make each production unique,  Fear not all... I understand what everyone's  saying but I just see it a different way.    Smiley

IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 08:37PM »

Okay... I don't know how I missed it, but they're bringing The Voice back?!
I just can't see anyone but Lisa singing that... I mean, I'm sure whoever sings it will be amazing, but no one else is Lisa, you know?

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
avalonfreak06

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 08:44PM »

I just can't see anyone but Lisa singing that... I mean, I'm sure whoever sings it will be amazing, but no one else is Lisa, you know?

I bet anything its going to be Susan. I'm sure Susan can pull it off well. The setlist looks amazing though. Its kind of a full-circle moment for them peforming all these oldies but excellent goodies!!! Smiley  Tongue
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 08:55PM »

I have to say, that is the one thing that bothers me along with Caledonia.  IMO, no one will ever top Lisa's performance of those songs.  I would never disparage whichever girl ends up singing it, but no one can ever truly replace Lisa.
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2013, 09:01PM »

Let me make a couple more points, and then I will shut my mouth (I'm sure some of you are sitting here going "Oh, no here she goes again").

Yes, some of the songs on the tour are ones we are most familiar with because of Lisa Kelly. It will be sad and perhaps a bit disconcerting for us to hear them performed by someone other than Lisa. But keeping an open mind is important. All of the current members of CW are there for a reason. They are some of the best performers in Ireland, in their own right. It is perfectly fine to miss Lisa Kelly (I sure do) but to sit and say "Well I don't think I will like it because its being done by someone other than Lisa" does whatever performer has taken over that number a tremendous disservice. I'm sure they realize, as does David, that expectations will be high.

David knows the girls tremendously well, and has likely specifically chosen this set list to suit their strengths. I have a feeling we will see Susan come into her own over the course of this tour, now that she hasn't had set lists tailored for a different purpose and person just thrown at her. I definitely look forward to it. I also don't think Lisa would have wanted any of the songs she performed to be retired, and would be honored to know that others will step up and keep the music that she helped us all fall in love with alive.

Remember also that its called the music INDUSTRY for a reason. They need, at the end of the day, to make money. Doing a best of tour like this is a great way to make newer material memorable, but also pull in newer fans who may have seen and fallen in love with the earlier concerts. Again, its like a crash course in CW. They will actually most likely now see a spike in DVD and CD sales which contain songs featured on this tour, something that will aid them financially and keep them making beautiful music for a long time to come.

I know people are a bit upset, or perhaps just unsure. It is our first tour without Lisa Kelly. But I see it as a win win situation. CW will profit, newer fans like myself get a little of everything, and for those of you who have been around the block, so to speak, you get to enjoy some nostalgia while old favorites are given new life.

Get excited... Spring 2013 tour has begun!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 09:09PM by littlecubspirit » Logged

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2013, 09:02PM »

I have to say, that is the one thing that bothers me along with Caledonia.  IMO, no one will ever top Lisa's performance of those songs.  I would never disparage whichever girl ends up singing it, but no one can ever truly replace Lisa.
I kind of feel  the same way about "Dulaman"... to me, that will always be Meav's.  

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2013, 09:06PM »

Much as I miss Lisa Kelly, I'm sure Susan will do a phenomenal job on her solos. And I'm SO excited for The Voice! Never saw CW when that song was in the setlist!
edtom

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2013, 09:14PM »

I became a Celtic Woman fan in late 2006 but didn't go to my first concert until 2009. When I went to that first concert, I was VERY VERY pleasantly surprised to hear several of my old favorites as well as newer material. It was terrific.
Yes there are a couple old Lisa K songs on the playlist (and a couple old Meav songs as well). And I'll add that Lisa K was, is, and probably always will be my favorite member of Celtic Woman. HOWEVER........I have no doubt whatsoever that whoever does them will be FANTASTIC.

I love Celtic Woman
Jennifer

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2013, 09:20PM »

Not sure what to think of the new setlist...
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2013, 09:28PM »

I'm glad they're bring back some of the old songs that I haven't seen live before

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2013, 09:32PM »

I don't think anyone is going to diss the girls for singing any song that was previously sung by Lisa, Meav, Orla, etc.  

For me, Lisa singing "The Voice" is why I am a fan of CW.  I just can't see anyone else doing those songs, but as I said earlier, I would never disparage whoever ends up signing it.
KelticKraze

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2013, 09:41PM »

I LOVE the new set list. Having seen the Believe show several times and watching the DVD more than that, I think it will be refreshing. Very excited for April to get here!! Let's not forget they have new management as well. Something was bound to change.

KC
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2013, 10:13PM »

Let me make a couple more points, and then I will shut my mouth (I'm sure some of you are sitting here going "Oh, no here she goes again").

Yes, some of the songs on the tour are ones we are most familiar with because of Lisa Kelly. It will be sad and perhaps a bit disconcerting for us to hear them performed by someone other than Lisa. But keeping an open mind is important. All of the current members of CW are there for a reason. They are some of the best performers in Ireland, in their own right. It is perfectly fine to miss Lisa Kelly (I sure do) but to sit and say "Well I don't think I will like it because its being done by someone other than Lisa" does whatever performer has taken over that number a tremendous disservice. I'm sure they realize, as does David, that expectations will be high.

David knows the girls tremendously well, and has likely specifically chosen this set list to suit their strengths. I have a feeling we will see Susan come into her own over the course of this tour, now that she hasn't had set lists tailored for a different purpose and person just thrown at her. I definitely look forward to it. I also don't think Lisa would have wanted any of the songs she performed to be retired, and would be honored to know that others will step up and keep the music that she helped us all fall in love with alive.

Remember also that its called the music INDUSTRY for a reason. They need, at the end of the day, to make money. Doing a best of tour like this is a great way to make newer material memorable, but also pull in newer fans who may have seen and fallen in love with the earlier concerts. Again, its like a crash course in CW. They will actually most likely now see a spike in DVD and CD sales which contain songs featured on this tour, something that will aid them financially and keep them making beautiful music for a long time to come.

I know people are a bit upset, or perhaps just unsure. It is our first tour without Lisa Kelly. But I see it as a win win situation. CW will profit, newer fans like myself get a little of everything, and for those of you who have been around the block, so to speak, you get to enjoy some nostalgia while old favorites are given new life.

Get excited... Spring 2013 tour has begun!

I completely agree with EVERYTHING you have said in this thread.  I keep an open mind when it comes to CW.  I miss Lisa K just as much as everyone else, but I really don't think that assuming the songs won't be as good is fair to Susan.  And remember, Alex Sharpe performed Lisa's solos a few years back, and did an awesome job (I saw a video of her singing The Voice).  And remember how amazing Lisa Lambe, Hayley and Lynn were with Dulaman.  I am honestly so sad I won't be going to see any shows this year (the closest one is too far(, because I know this will be an AMAZING tour.  And I think Susan will sing Lisa K's songs perfectly.  Remember how well she did Lisa K's songs in the Symphony Tour?  I saw the video of Green the Whole Year Round.  That was AWESOME!  And don't forget how well she did Follow On and The Water Is Wide!  I really miss Lisa K so badly, but David, in my opinion, NEVER makes mistakes when it comes to CW.  He wouldn't have picked Susan if he didn't think she was good enough.  Nobody can ever replace Lisa, but Susan is just as good, and she brings her own special flavor to the group.
And I seem to remember a lot of posts on here from people wanting to hear the older songs again.  Well you finally get the chance, so why not enjoy it?  Yeah, they'll sound different with Lisa L and Susan, but knowing CW, they'll still sound amazing!
For me, I am never disappointed with CW.  This is coming from someone who has had a LOT of disappointments in her life.  CW is one of the few things that just can't disappoint me.  It's because I don't have all these expectations for them.  I don't worry about it.  I just enjoy it, and I'm always excited to see what they will do next.  They've never let me down, and they never will.
Like I said, I miss Lisa K very much, and everyone has a right to, but I honestly think people need to keep an open mind, and give things a chance before expressing disappointment.  Wait and see first!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: