Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please, please, setlist anyone?  (Read 29687 times)
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2013, 08:27PM »

You make a lot of sense , Misha.  

Uh oh...I make sense to you? Lay down, take some Advil and make sure you see a doctor if symptoms persist  Grin
  Hmmm....   maybe  its  a case of good minds thinking alike ?    Smiley       Roll Eyes   

Could very well be!  Kiss

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2013, 09:50AM »

My apologies for the double post but I want to bring this thread back on topic and also the forum keeps crashing if I try to modify my post.

I have to also say that I love the balance of slow and fast songs that has been achieved with this setlist. I'm happy that they didn't sacrifice Parting Glass for YRMU, TAR for Nil S'en La, or Granuaile's Dance for Shenandoah or Coast of Galacia. Also very pleased that Awakening  and Nocturne are still on the set list. They provide a nice contrast to each other and I love them both. Speaking of balance and contrast. Did you notice that each act has 1 instrumental solo? (The New Ground in act 1, and the bodhran solo in Act 2). It's a nice change of pace and gives us a chance to fully appreciate the beauty of two more Irish instruments besides fiddle.

I find it interesting that at least the way it looks right now, neither Mairead solo from Believe is on the setlist. All her solos are older pieces. I'm a bit sad that we don't get green grow but I suppose it's a small sacrifice.

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2013, 10:12PM »

*Tries very hard not to scream in excitement*

Ok, I love too many of these songs to miss this performance. I am going to try my hardest to get to this show.

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2013, 10:34PM »

*Tries very hard not to scream in excitement*

Ok, I love too many of these songs to miss this performance. I am going to try my hardest to get to this show.
   A  little off topic... but I like your  avatar- is that a scene from  "The Golden Compass"  by any chance? 

Louis97

For the fire is flaming gold....

« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2013, 08:58PM »

For my first concert, I like the setlist. I'm thrilled that TAR and Nil S'en La will be performed! I was wondering why they had both Ceili dresses in a backstage picture! I'm pretty pleased with it! I can't wait until April 6th though!!!
yeah! ANd see you in CLEVELAND!!

Cheesy!!

littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2013, 09:12PM »

Am I crazy for putting these songs in setlist order in my iTunes to try to get an idea of what the show will feel like? And what journey the girls and David are trying to take us on?

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2013, 09:15PM »

Am I crazy for putting these songs in setlist order in my iTunes to try to get an idea of what the show will feel like? And what journey the girls and David are trying to take us on?
     Naw... just excited...    neat idea.    Cheesy   

Louis97

For the fire is flaming gold....

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2013, 09:16PM »

Hopefully an Irish Journey Wink

littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2013, 09:17PM »

I feel like i'm cheating.

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2013, 09:57AM »

You make a lot of sense , Misha.   I was thinking along these lines too.  Although "Believe" had a number of Celtic tunes ,  there were also a number of non-Celtic as well.  I have enjoyed both, of course.  And in  SFTH - "Fields Of Gold"   and  " Goodnight My Angel" being among my fave pop covers, but by and large, the Irish melodies have mostly been my favorites.   My only personal "contraindication"  is that I will have to force myself to keep an open mind  concerning "She Moved  Thro' The Fair"  and "Dulaman" which  I previously have considered "Meav" songs.   I know the current gals will do a fine job-  I'm just stating  a personal bias that I'm fully aware of.  Truth be told...my Celtic Cuties have never disappointed me.   Smiley  

James, have you seen Lil' Lambe sing Dulaman live?  She adds so much to it.  I love her movements, playing the spoons on Ray's shoulder, getting in Ewan's face and pulling his ear.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 03:35PM by Hubert » Logged

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2013, 03:34PM »

James, have you seen Lil' Lambe sing Dulaman live?  She add so much to it.  I love her movements, playing the spoons on Ray's shoulder, getting in Ewan's face and pulling his ear.

*excitement factor for me increases by about a million*

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2013, 05:18PM »

James, have you seen Lil' Lambe sing Dulaman live?  She add so much to it.  I love her movements, playing the spoons on Ray's shoulder, getting in Ewan's face and pulling his ear.

*excitement factor for me increases by about a million*
   Actually I DID  see Lil' Lambe do  "Dulaman "  at the last spring concert in St. Paul.  She was very charming, of course. I can't restate enough  what a total sweetheart she is.  Very lovable.   

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2013, 07:37PM »

Defiantely excited! The only thing I thought of is what would happen if they come to a city this tour that they didn't last and someone was waiting for them to come and liked all the songs on the cd dvd and expect that at the concert?? Especially since they cut some of the goood ones? Thank  goodness i pushed to go to radio city and saw the old set list their!  So I hope when they bought the tickets that they know that they changed it alittle or they wil find out soon enough!! I for one know I am getting excited!!  and it was just a thought!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2013, 08:03PM »

I'm going to miss Green grow the rushes  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2013, 09:30PM »

I'm going to miss Green grow the rushes  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
Me too! That's one I loved! And Spanish Lady...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: