Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toronto, February 23 - In Which I Get Thrown In The Middle of the Action  (Read 10123 times)
Wind

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013, 07:41AM »

Thank you so much for the review!!  Now I'm even more excited for April!!

How many choir girls were there?  Sorry if you mentioned it in your review  Embarrassed

Two girls and two guys.
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 09:19AM »

First off, it's obvious you had an awesome time. I'm glad!

Now to respond to all the useful information. Glad to see that engaging the audience remains a priority for the performers and it sounds like the choreography has been blocked to allow for that to happen in some new and exciting ways. It gives me hope that I might get some acknowledgement at my show. Plus I have to say I'm looking forward to the small choir as well. Means the soloists are less at risk for having their voices drowned out and makes the whole experience more intimate.

I'm so glad the girls seemed to really enjoy the show and have fun with things. Your interaction with Chloe and lil Lambe made me smile. ( "help me"  Grin)

I'm lucky that this April will be my first show and I will not have had the experience of seeing Lisa K live, so I won't be comparing Susan to her the whole time. But it sounds as though she is coming into her own as a member of CW. And thank you for such a wonderful example of a well written review as I will be writing my own in a few months.

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 09:34AM »

Now to respond to all the useful information. Glad to see that engaging the audience remains a priority for the performers and it sounds like the choreography has been blocked to allow for that to happen in some new and exciting ways. It gives me hope that I might get some acknowledgement at my show. Plus I have to say I'm looking forward to the small choir as well. Means the soloists are less at risk for having their voices drowned out and makes the whole experience more intimate.

I'm so glad the girls seemed to really enjoy the show and have fun with things. Your interaction with Chloe and lil Lambe made me smile. ( "help me"  Grin)

I'm lucky that this April will be my first show and I will not have had the experience of seeing Lisa K live, so I won't be comparing Susan to her the whole time. But it sounds as though she is coming into her own as a member of CW. And thank you for such a wonderful example of a well written review as I will be writing my own in a few months.
    I'm sure you will get  acknowledgement   Misha.  This will be my 4th concert but my first "up front "  experience.   I plan to get  the gals attention  by  wearing my  Believe Tour shirt from last year and a few individual fan forum buttons - Lisa K. , Lisa L. ,  and Chloe.      i also plan to bring along a Lamb Chop puppet to get Lil' Lambe's  attention as well.  But truly, all I think you need to do is show that you are getting into the music and they will notice you.  Establishing eye contact is something that our gals relish too- that always helps.  I look forward to  your review very much.    Smiley  i am happy for you too.   Wink

IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 01:17PM »

Thank you so much for the review!!  Now I'm even more excited for April!!

How many choir girls were there?  Sorry if you mentioned it in your review  Embarrassed

Two girls and two guys.

Okay... that's kind of what I was thinking... Thanks Smiley

Oh, Misha, I know you will get interaction from the girls... they seem to able to sense who their "true" fans are, and reward them with lots of love. Smiley

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 10:24AM »

Great review which whets my appetite for my two shows in May.  The only downer was that the choir has been reduced once again.  When I first started going to live shows they had eight choir members.  The last few years it was six.  Now it is down to four and I suppose they will eventually do away with the choir altogether.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 03:00PM »

Great review which whets my appetite for my two shows in May.  The only downer was that the choir has been reduced once again.  When I first started going to live shows they had eight choir members.  The last few years it was six.  Now it is down to four and I suppose they will eventually do away with the choir altogether.
Yes it is quite sad! I liked the six person choir. It was nice and balanced. Seemed a bit crowded back when they had 8 on the stage. At least from the videos I've seen. (My first tour was SFTH 2011) Plus we don't have our TAR Celtic Tornado anymore!  Sad
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 03:31PM »

As far as the TAR Celtic Tornado  Grin  I think there might have been some safety issues with that, just as there have been with Mairead going barefoot

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Wind

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2013, 03:47PM »

As far as the "Celtic Tornado" goes (I usually call it helicopter, but that's just me). I'm not 100% sure that it's completely gone. It may just be that the stage at the Toronto venue wasn't big enough to safely pull it off. Even last year, there were certain venues where they didn't do it because the stage was too short and there wasn't enough room for it. We'll have to wait and see what happens as the tour progresses.
GeorgeN

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2013, 01:59PM »

Great review!
While it’s sad to see favorite songs go, I like the idea of more of the ‘oldies’ coming back. They need change to keep it fresh.

It all sounds great except for the smaller choir.

GeorgeN
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2013, 10:40AM »

As far as the TAR Celtic Tornado goes they now only have two male choir members so the only way to make it work would be to get a guy from the band to step in and help.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: