Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toronto February 24 - In Which I Share a Seat With Lil Lambe  (Read 1937 times)
Wind

« on: February 25, 2013, 10:01AM »

Just a few highlights from the Sunday show.

- I was seated basically on the same seat as the Saturday show, only on the opposite side. Meaning, front row on the right, aisle seat. This was great because before TAR, Lisa once again walked through the front row and went to the right side, where I was. She kept making faces at me, then she took my hand and sat on the arm of my chair. We then proceeded to taunt Chloe from across the auditorium.

- The middle of the front row was largely empty. So during intermission I moved over there, along with my parents who I had brought with me for this show.

- Slight changes on the show:
* Lisa attached a veil to her dress before Dulaman.
* Susan kept hers after Orinoco Flow and during Caledonia.
*Lisa did an introduction before singing Bridge Over Troubled Water.
* Mairead was the one introducing The Parting Glass. Only her mic wasn't working at first, she asked "Can you hear me?" and looked at me, and I shook my head no, until it finally worked.
* Lisa introduced YRMU instead. So in case you're keeping track, Lisa and Mairead did a switcheroo. Once again, the crowd was cheering so much that she tried to speak a few times before we settled.
* Chloe said the "Thank you so much" during YRMU.

- Susan is really getting comfortable in her solos. During The Voice, I could forget that it was "Lisa Kelly's song" and really appreciate what Susan brings to it.

- If I got a lot of attention on Saturday, Sunday equaled or surpassed it. Besides the Lil Lambe moment before TAR, there was tons of interactions throughout. During The Parting Glass, I got smiles from all of them, including Susan. Lisa sang the last "Goodnight and joy be to you" looking at me. The cool thing is, they're recognizing my parents now. My father got lots of smiles from Chloe. During the encore, Mairead ran to the edge of the stage and gave my mother a wide eyed grin (made her day).

- Interesting thing I noticed. I asked my parents "what did you think?" And they said this was THE best Celtic Woman show they've been to. Although they don't see as many shows as I do, they've seen every tour since Isle of Hope. My father said the girls are bringing a lot more energy. So, to have people "on the outside" saying things like that, tells me that this tour is special.
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 10:17AM »

Sounds like SO much fun! I'm also appreciative of your parents' comments because it shows that unlike some of the trolls on the Internet like to think, Celtic Woman is NOT losing its spark or momentum yet. I believe they will continue to grow and the best is yet to come.

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
mishawakafan

A smile a little girl & her Papa will never forget

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 10:53AM »

Thank you for your observations.
 This is like Chistmas Eve to many of us.  The anticipation of the gifts about to be given.  Thanks for the peek into Santa's bag.

Phil

littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 11:09AM »

Thank you for your observations.
 This is like Chistmas Eve to many of us.  The anticipation of the gifts about to be given.  Thanks for the peek into Santa's bag.

Phil

So, so accurate!

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: