Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you want the next DVD to be filmed?  (Read 8996 times)
Louis97

For the fire is flaming gold....

« on: February 26, 2013, 09:06PM »

Personally I would love for them to be outdoors again at another gorgeous Irish castle. I feel for their 10th anniversary they should return to Ireland. My favorite DVD was ANJ, with SftH a close second. The sweeping Ireland views and magically mysterious castles really set the mood for an Irish show. That's my opinion, now let's hear yours!

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 09:19PM »

Personally I would love for them to be outdoors again at another gorgeous Irish castle. I feel for their 10th anniversary they should return to Ireland. My favorite DVD was ANJ, with SftH a close second. The sweeping Ireland views and magically mysterious castles really set the mood for an Irish show. That's my opinion, now let's hear yours!

I pretty much agree.  If it was something in the US, the only place I can think of off the top of my head is Red Rocks.  I've seen (not in person but on video) a lot of amazing performances done there.

If it was anywhere in the US and I could get tickets, I would fly there regardless of the cost.  Flying to Ireland would just be too expensive.
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 10:19PM »

Ireland.  The combination of the girls' voices and uilleann pipes coupled with the sweeping shots of the Irish countryside and Slane Castle from their previous DVDs were breathtaking.  Also, other than having a long history in music and story-telling, there's a mysticism to Ireland which I think really adds to the show--it all makes for a beautiful and magical atmosphere.

That being said, I think it would be interesting if they decide to visit some of the other Celtic nations for a filming like Scotland, Wales, or Brittany (Bretagne) in France. Wink
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 07:57AM by Tuatha Dé Danann » Logged
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 10:41PM »

i say...back to where it all started...the Helix...but specially  prettied up for the big event.   Cool

BlueAquaOcean

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 08:35AM »

What Galway be a good place?
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 09:51AM »

I agree with Louis.  Somewhere outside in Ireland with an old Castle as the back drop.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 10:02AM »

hmm!  If in the states I would say Ceveland, naturally! I'm not biased but It is the first place the girls had there shows in the states! But Maybe Radio City!  Which I thought they were going to do before powerscourt! But who knows they could always suprise us, like Believe! But there are a bunch of gorgeous castles in Ireland that would be perfect! I know the buntranty castle (sp) would be erfect and there are a few others that I saw!  And actually doing some looking around flights areen't a half bad as people may think!  they were quite duable! Not afordable affordable but definately not crazy expensive!(with taxes for 9 day under a grand!) and yes that would be flying flrom cleveland or akron which seems to be quite higher!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 02:38PM »

I know! How about Washington D.C.?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 07:31PM »

I know! How about Washington D.C.?
'
hmmm?  That is a good suggestion! Interesting! 

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 07:50PM »

One of the biggest problems I see with filming yet again in America is that one of the biggest criticisms of the girls recently has been that they have become too "Americanized" (Lisa K and Chloe both live in the US full time, music on Believe being more pop covers than songs that meshed well with the term Celtic, the filming taking place in America for the first time). I think if they make a choice to film in America again, many of the casual fans of the group will see it as the girls leaving behind not only their Irish roots, but also their mission of spreading Irish music and culture around the world, and becoming money hungry and caring more about the financial side of things.

If this happens, it may be.  Cry the end for Celtic Woman. Yes, I know those of us who are hardcore fans will be supportive of them no matter how they choose to handle the future endeavors they undertake as a group, but I don't think even our dedicated support would be enough to keep them afloat. I am not trying to be pessimistic, but rather realistic.

That said, obviously my vote is for Ireland, though I don't think they should go back to the Helix as they've filmed there twice before. Perhaps another old castle as they are beautiful.

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 08:16PM »

Wherever I am at the time. Smiley
Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 08:17PM »

I have feeling the next DvD will be another greatest hits version.

Featuring all the past songs...  a ten year anniversary DvD..   Just my thoughts....

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 04:40PM »

Anywhere is fine with me.  Smiley

urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 04:58PM »

No preference for me. Smiley

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
edtom

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 06:30PM »

Although there is some possibility that I could attend a filming in the US and virtually no possibility I could go to Ireland, I favor a return to an outdoor castle setting in Ireland for reasons mentioned above. However, since both outdoor filmings have been plagued by rain and more rain, construction at the venue should try to shield performers (and, if possible, audience) from the weather as much as possible.

I love Celtic Woman
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: