Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Máiréad Interview, Amherst, MA  (Read 2845 times)
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« on: March 05, 2013, 06:47PM »

Máiréad Nesbitt says Celtic Woman concert at Mullins Center to mix new with favorites

Máiréad Nesbitt believes audiences should get their money’s worth.

The violinist for Celtic Woman – whose performances combine the sounds and sensibility of Irish traditional music with memorable original compositions and contemporary pop standards – says the Dublin-based group strives to look their best, sing their best and perform their best.

“People don’t deserve any less,” Nesbitt said. “It’s a privilege to play and sing our best for people who spend their hard-earned money to come and see us.”

What audiences see at Celtic Woman concerts are the women dressed in fabulous gowns created by award-winning, Limerick-born designer Synan O'Mahony. “We’re lucky to have the most amazing gowns,” Nesbitt said in a phone interview from Wicklow, outside Dublin. “The gowns enhance us.”

When a woman is wearing such a beautiful gown, she explained, she looks beautiful and “feels a certain way.”

For her, that feeling is free. The music she plays is often fast and “floating,” so her extra-light dresses look ethereal. “It makes you feel free, not wearing something heavy that impedes your performance,” she said.

http://www.masslive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2013/02/mirad_nesbitt_says_celtic_woma.html

The rest @ the link.

I'm a news junkie (I help moderate a news/politics/current events forum) so posting news articles is habit for me.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 07:45PM »

This was a FANTASTIC   interview.  I think Mairead capsulizes  the CW  spirit as well as anyone.     ( side note...  Mairead must have been VERY  young when she played for Ronald Reagan.)

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 07:51PM »

( side note...  Mairead must have been VERY  young when she played for Ronald Reagan.)

Either 4 or 5 from what I can figure.
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 11:44AM »

( side note...  Mairead must have been VERY  young when she played for Ronald Reagan.)

Mairead was born in 1975.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 10:32PM »

Hmm, then a lot of sources out there are wrong.  Probably all pulling from one original bad source and I bet I know which one.
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 09:14PM »

Máiréad has been rather secretive about her age. There are at least 3 different years quoted from various sources over the years. There is a quote from her that deals with not thinking that age has anything to do with talent/ability and so I think for that reason she keeps her age to herself. As a side note, that is not an uncommon feeling among people who have success at a young age or are labeled as childhood prodigies. It tends to do with the implication that it is all something that comes easy and doesn't require a lot of work to back it up, at least when I've seen it mentioned. And that is something I think we can all understand.

aislin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: