Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Old Friends - Two New Friends Binghamton, NY March 5  (Read 2430 times)
edtom

« on: March 06, 2013, 08:30PM »

Although I have been to five Celtic Woman concerts (and three M & G), I had not been to a concert since 2010. At all three M & G, I have had the distinct honor, pleasure and privilege of meeting both Mairead and Chloe, although they might not remember me. If there were an Olympic competition for fewest words spoken at a M & G, I might well have three Gold Medals. I remember at the first, in Wilkes-Barre in 2009, I was so awestruck that I just stood there until Chloe reached out her hand and said, "Hi, I'm Chloe." I mumbled something incoherently. The other two M & G, in Chicago in 2010, were pretty much a blur.
Regardless, on five occasions, I've experienced live the beauty and talent of Mairead and Chloe. Until last night, I had not had the pleasure of seeing a live performance of Lisa Lambe or Susan McFadden. Oh, I have watched the Believe DVD numerous times, and have been mesmerized by Lisa's spellbinding "A Spaceman Came Travelling" and "Teir Abhaile Riu". My only previous opportunity to see Susan perform was in a few Youtube videos.
Well, as of last night, I can happily say that has changed. And the verdict is in:
Lisa and Susan are both gorgeous. They are both incredibly talented. They are definite keepers.
A personal highlight for me last night came at the beginning of "Teir Abhaile Riu". Although I was in the seventh row, third seat in, as Lisa was entering, she paused for several blessed seconds no more than ten feet from me. I melted.
Coming up in a few weeks are two more chances to be enchanted by four angels. At Rochester on March 27, I'll be right near the front, near Mr Peabody. And then, the big one. On March 29, Elmira, my home town, I'll be right there in the front row.
Ladies, feel free to smile, to wave. I may be too awestruck to respond. But it will be noticed.

And appreciated.

I love Celtic Woman
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 09:41AM »

Thanks for the review.  I know exactly where you are coming from regarding our talented and lovely ladies.  They can leave us spellbound.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
GeorgeN

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 09:26AM »

I was at the same show and in the same row as Ed. I've been to a dozen CW performances over the years and in my opinion, this is the best yet. Lots more "fun" and relaxed compared to the earlier shows.

Not sure when I'll see 'um again, but Syracuse maybe, and Bethel Woods definitely.....

GeorgeN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: